Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
guys instead of moaning here, sign the online petition for logitech wheels to be supported on ps4. There are already almost 700 signatures. Thanks FLX1981.

Did it but I doubt Sony will care about a few thousand people. It should reach at least 6 digits until they see it.

Did it but I doubt Sony will care about a few thousand people. It should reach at least 6 digits until they see it.
we should move it to all gt planet attention cause now is only here for project cars followers.. but GT players will sure get mad when they'll not be able to use wheel for gt7 on ps4.

Can anyone do something? i think it's important for all the cummunity

Just checked the t300rs thrustmaster wheel. Wow what an plasticbomber wit damn cheap looking pedals. They say metal pedals but all I can see are metal plates mounted on a ton of plastic. And that crap will cost 370€?

Just checked the t300rs thrustmaster wheel. Wow what an plasticbomber wit damn cheap looking pedals. They say metal pedals but all I can see are metal plates mounted on a ton of plastic. And that crap will cost 370€?

No clutch too. :crazy:

when you are the only one working with a console you can charge whatever you want, it's them of nothing at the moment. Just market.

Fanatec and consorts just make the following equation: costs of developing a driver/ licensing due to pressure of existing clients with our old wheels vs profits made from selling an expensive brand new PS4 wheel! I think their focus is on the latter and we can go screw ourselves...

Fanatec and consorts just make the following equation: costs of developing a driver/ licensing due to pressure of existing clients with our old wheels vs profits made from selling an expensive brand new PS4 wheel! I think their focus is on the latter and we can go screw ourselves...

At least they can't bring an new ps4 wheel without explaining why the old ones not work. And most of us know it is not Sonys fault but the fault of fanatec on ps4. On xbone they used the excuse that Microsoft changed some stuff on the usb port. Sony did this not.

Before the popularity of the internet I think it was much easier to get away with that stuff. Now with information spreading worldwide at the drop of the hat, we all know that this can be done and if it's not done, we know exactly why. Programmed obsolescence. For me the fault lies with Sony. They know Logitech is out of the wheel business and has no incentive to provide support or drivers. Sony should go and get them for their loyal customers. If not, then they are giving me the old
smiley-finger007.gif
and I'll do the same to them. When you factor in what it would cost for PS4+new wheel+PS+ it's easily $1000 here, which would be a decent gaming PC or a headstart on a really good one.

At least they can't bring an new ps4 wheel without explaining why the old ones not work. And most of us know it is not Sonys fault but the fault of fanatec on ps4. On xbone they used the excuse that Microsoft changed some stuff on the usb port. Sony did this not.
But but... it's Logitech we asked them but they didn't want to :sly:

I suppose this illustrates a drawback to making quality hardware that lasts (Logitech). There are so many people who haven't needed a replacement yet. My G25 still works great, and I received a second unit under warranty when the shifter malfunctioned so I have a whole spare wheel. I see no reason to upgrade anytime soon...

I'm "lucky" in that I never ever play console games with a wheel, only older PC sims. But I sympathise with you guys.

But but... it's Logitech we asked them but they didn't want to :sly:

But but... but isn't that a strange excuse? How can you (fanatec) say it is an other companies (Logitech) fault that our wheels do not work on an console?

And magically we bring out an new expensive wheel and driver for it that works on ps4. But there is no way in hell to make drivers for our old wheels.

I really can't imagine that fanatec will be that ruthless.

But but... but isn't that a strange excuse? How can you (fanatec) say it is an other companies (Logitech) fault that our wheels do not work on an console?

And magically we bring out an new expensive wheel and driver for it that works on ps4. But there is no way in hell to make drivers for our old wheels.

I really can't imagine that fanatec will be that ruthless.
My guess is it will go something along the lines of, our older wheels emulate a Logitech wheel and use their FFB protocols. Our new PS4 wheel has are own proprietary FFB protocols and isn't compatible with the Logitech protocols. Or something like that.

My guess is it will go something along the lines of, our older wheels emulate a Logitech wheel and use their FFB protocols. Our new PS4 wheel has are own proprietary FFB protocols and isn't compatible with the Logitech protocols. Or something like that.

Yep possible scenario.

💡 Maybe Fanatec could write a driver that would allow the Logitech wheels to emulate a Fanatec wheel. Let Fanatec DRIVE the bus for a while. :lol:

Thought about this too :D

On an german game news site some people write that logitech has given Sony some drivers already and Sony did not implement that yet. I dont know how true that is or if the commenters just trolling?!

You guys should made a petition to logitech, if sony do that, all other brands of peripherals will want the same, they just cant do that. How do you think the other brands that pay royalties and dev kits will feel after that?

I really hope you guys got luck, but i don't count on that.

Now I'm no computer scientist, but I'm sure USB protocol hasn't changed and the plug is the same. Wouldn't the software just needs to send and receive to the usb port the same data format as previous? Why are new drivers needed?

Now I'm no computer scientist, but I'm sure USB protocol hasn't changed and the plug is the same. Wouldn't the software just needs to send and receive to the usb port the same data format as previous? Why are new drivers needed?
Im not so sure an actual new driver needs developed either, but there is some issue with Logitech being supported. It could very well be what Logiforce posted awhile back when we had another discussion about this. That being that Logitech doesn't actually "own" the FFB tech that they use. It is actually owned by another company (cant remember the name now) and for them to work on the PS4 Logitech needs to pay them a license fee and that's what is at issue here.

Logitech CEO CEO Bracken P. Darrell announced..."we plan to discontinue other non-strategic products, such as speaker docks and console gaming peripherals, by the end of Calendar Year 2013."

The G27 Racing Wheel is a PC peripheral, that also works on PS3. His statement doesn't mean that they have stopped making wheels entirely, I haven't heard anything like that yet.

For me the fault lies with Sony. They know Logitech is out of the wheel business and has no incentive to provide support or drivers.

I think trying to sell PS4 consoles to all the G25, G27, DFGT, & DF Pro owners out there would be enough of an incentive. After all, there is a lot of us, many of whom might not buy a PS4 console otherwise.

Why can't Sony just get permission from Logitech to write their own drivers for these wheels, & then pay them a few quid? That way, everyone wins.

👍

VBR
The G27 Racing Wheel is a PC peripheral, that also works on PS3. His statement doesn't mean that they have stopped making wheels entirely, I haven't heard anything like that yet.
Good point, though I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath for a successor to the G27.

Signed too, but right now there is likely no monetary motivation for Logitech to develop new drivers.

Costs for personnel to develop drivers, testing, licensing,...) --vs-- they could sell some units, but on the whole, most are wanting to use their existing hardware.

I think they are missing out though. I migrated away from PC to console a number of years back, tired of spending $$$ chasing PC specs, & I wanted away from all the hacking on PC games. I really enjoy the GT series, but bought the DFGT instead of the G27 because of complaints about the clutch in the GT series. (Not going to debate the GT4/5/6 clutch, some people like it and some dislike it.) There were enough negative responses to prevent me spending the extra $$ to upgrade on something for one game that I might end up disabling.

Project CARS, GT7, & The Crew, for me, has changed this. I'm ready to upgrade my rig. Am I the only one?

The amount of $$ Thrustmaster is wanting for setup w/clutch & shifter is just shy of double the PS4 costs. Better equipment? Maybe? Worth the $$?? Logitech fits in at quality experience at a mid level price.

Back