Project Cars or Asseto Corsa

• Thread starter Heels074
  • 211 comments
To be fair, ......)

I should remind you we (on console) do not need to be fair when we have been treated unfairly by SMS. We still have day one bugs in the game! They were never addressed apart from SMS saying "Give us more money for PCARS 2 and see if we can fix it." Note: I have paraphrased somewhat here ;-)

Is this the entire car list for Project Cars? http://www.projectcarsgame.com/cars.html?lang=en or is that just the 1.0 car list before any updates or DLC?

It is, as they've also taken the liberty of color coding what was added for free and as DLC.

Unfortunately for PCARS users, the game is still a buggy mess with the last update being from November 2016.

How much time have you spent playing PCARS after they released the last patch? I've been playing it since Jan/February this year and mostly hot lap but do dive into career from time to time. On any time of day/weather setting the game runs fine for me 98% of the time. Control is smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm on X1.

Cheers. :gtpflag:

I've lost all respect for Ian Bell about a week ago, so now I wouldn't play pCars 2 if you paid me. It probably will be an amazing racing sim though. Just because I think the business owner is scum doesn't mean I'll insult his product if it's good. I just won't support it.

That's a weird way of thinking and acting. I have no respect for Stefano, but why should that stop me enjoying AC?

How much time have you spent playing PCARS after they released the last patch? I've been playing it since Jan/February this year and mostly hot lap but do dive into career from time to time. On any time of day/weather setting the game runs fine for me 98% of the time. Control is smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm on X1.

Cheers. :gtpflag:

It's been a While since I played it on console also don't know the patch #, PS4 but on PC it very much is buggy, have a look through the Steam comments you'll find a few pics of bugs. Most bugs I think happen online as well.

To be fair, since development of PCARS 1 completely ceased last year in november. Assetto Corsa is definitively the better game, along with being less broken on PC and mod support on PC. Mod support on AC is like Rfactor 1 all over again, just fantastic value once you get some of those well-done free community-made mods installed! (Like Bridgehampton track to start with, the creator of that one is practically a legend now for the amount of detail and accuracy he was able to recreate in his track. It's like better than a Kunos track. No kidding.)

On console I haven't done too much comparing. But AC might as well take the cake there too since PCARS' devs are now, sadly crowfunding PCARS2 and dropped all support for 1. Dunno if mod support on console for AC. Doubt it.
Yes...Lilski has turned into an amazing AC track builder. His three current tracks are all outstanding. Bridgehampton, Riverside International and New Jersery Motorsports Park. I'm fairly certain his next solo project is Watkins Glen. Fat-Alfie is an amazing track builder too. His Bilster Berg is so good some company contacted him and bought it from him! :eek: His track Thomson Road Gran Prix (Singapore) is spectacular. He has a couple of projects he's working on right now. I was helping him test the track surface quite a while back. It's going to be a great track. 👍 The two of them may team up and do a track together. That would be really cool.

It is, as they've also taken the liberty of color coding what was added for free and as DLC.
I saw the color coding, however, I did not want to assume it was everything. I was about to make the statement that Assetto Corsa actually had more cars than Project Cars and I didn't want to make a fool of myself if someone responded with something like, "Ummm...Those are just the cars released up until the end of 2015. It's almost double that size now." :D Just playing it safe. ;)

That's a weird way of thinking and acting. I have no respect for Stefano, but why should that stop me enjoying AC?
You certainly are entitled to do whatever you want. I'm not asking anyone to follow me or anything. Ian Bell recently purchased the silence of a sim community crap-stirrer and well proven liar. Yup. I'm not going to get into the particulars, but I have zero respect for someone who would do that. So, I would never support someone like that. Maybe I'll torrent it instead, if I'm really that interested in playing, but I barely have enough time to play the game I'm currently addicted to, so we'll see.

Ian Bell recently purchased the silence of a sim community crap-stirrer and well proven liar. Yup. I'm not going to get into the particulars, but I have zero respect for someone who would do that. So, I would never support someone like that.

That seems to me to be a perfectly legitimate way of solving a problem. Pay some piece of work to F...off is a great idea IMHO. Why has it upset you so much? And I do wish you would go into particulars.

All I know is PCARS2 PR people paid off Pretend Race Cars to stay silent. Pretty sure that's what ALB123 was refferring to. Go to their website its in their disclosure page.

I've been a massive fan of Pcars however I bought it at launch, the force feedback settings are really complicated and don't understand half of them, I relied on settings from other people but I never managed to get it perfectly and it was generally quite buggy.

Then I bought AC and yes it is a very good game but it definatly lacks content compared to PC. The force Feedback is good but I actually prefer PCars physics to AC. Ac just feels really understerry all the time and I can't seem to place the car exactly where I want to on the track.

I went back to Project cars and did a complete reset of all settings as they stated after all the updates they did, the force feedback felt a lot better as standard. Completely agree, the only thing I changed was the Force feedback strength and tire force down to like 50/50 as I have a T500.

I'm now hooked back on project cars, everything feels so natural and perfect for me with stock settings, can't wait for PC2 now :)

Hope this helps.

That seems to me to be a perfectly legitimate way of solving a problem. Pay some piece of work to F...off is a great idea IMHO. Why has it upset you so much? And I do wish you would go into particulars.

Paying a bully to be quiet will only encourage more bullies to be louder in the hopes that they too will receive a financial reward for being a douche. It's like giving a young child a cookie so they will be quiet and behave, not going to take long for the child to realize that being loud and misbehaving rewards him with a cookie which will only lead to more loud, bad behavior.

This whole discussion about PRC makes me laugh.
Do any of you actually read PRC articles and take them seriously? I certainly don't. He spouts a lot of bull and the comments on his articles are even worse. How can he possibly be a bully, when he's a clown?
If anything, SMS has only sponsored a race car for advertising.
Will I still buy and play PCARS2. Definitely.

Stefano is well known for going off at and banning forum members in public.
Not just plain Joe's either, but some well respected people with good intentions.
He comes close to being a bully.
Will I still buy DLC and play AC. Definitely.

Luckily, nothing they do affects what happens in my world.

It's been a While since I played it on console also don't know the patch #, PS4 but on PC it very much is buggy, have a look through the Steam comments you'll find a few pics of bugs. Most bugs I think happen online as well.

Haven't played the PS4 version; X1 is smooth sailing all the way. So addictive it's silly actually. You should really get into it.. worth the time investment.

Haven't played the PS4 version; X1 is smooth sailing all the way. So addictive it's silly actually. You should really get into it.. worth the time investment.

Have had the PS4 version since Christmas 2015, have had the game crash on me maybe once or twice and no other problems at all.

Paying a bully to be quiet will only encourage more bullies to be louder in the hopes that they too will receive a financial reward for being a douche. It's like giving a young child a cookie so they will be quiet and behave, not going to take long for the child to realize that being loud and misbehaving rewards him with a cookie which will only lead to more loud, bad behavior.

bully noun, plural bullies.
a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgersand intimidates smaller or weaker people. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bully?s=t

I do not see how this person is a "bully". He may have been a real PITA to SMS and a very prickly online character but I do see how he qualifies as a "bully".

I do find the whole concept fascinating though and it cold start a new growth industry ;-)

bully noun, plural bullies.
a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgersand intimidates smaller or weaker people. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bully?s=t

I do not see how this person is a "bully". He may have been a real PITA to SMS and a very prickly online character but I do see how he qualifies as a "bully".

I do find the whole concept fascinating though and it cold start a new growth industry ;-)

On this topic, we will agree to disagree. :cheers: :)

On this topic, we will agree to disagree. :cheers: :)

Meanwhile, I disagree to agree about disagreeing regarding this agreement with you :) Just kidding.

I do see a lot of good post here. In regard to Pretend Race Car, are you guys referring to the real race driver whom were attacked personally by Kunos and banned from AC forum? And now he is talking crap about PCars2 as well? So both sims are bad accordingly to him??

Meanwhile, I disagree to agree about disagreeing regarding this agreement with you :) Just kidding.

I do see a lot of good post here. In regard to Pretend Race Car, are you guys referring to the real race driver whom were attacked personally by Kunos and banned from AC forum? And now he is talking crap about PCars2 as well? So both sims are bad accordingly to him??

Every sim is bad according to him, and he runs a website where he tells the world how bad he thinks all sims are and how terrible the sim racing community is.

Every sim is bad according to him, and he runs a website where he tells the world how bad he thinks all sims are and how terrible the sim racing community is.

2 different people being talked about here.

@FSportIS is talking about the Swedish(?) drifter dude that Stefano blew up at.

Brandon is talking about the PRC dude.

Wiz
2 different people being talked about here.

@FSportIS is talking about the Swedish(?) drifter dude that Stefano blew up at.

Brandon is talking about the PRC dude.

Yeah, I'm talking about this guy here https://pretendracecars.net/2017/01/10/another-year-another-stefano-meltdown/
I know this is AC forum but I personally don't like Stefano's attitude toward the PRC guy (the real race driver, not the PRC guy in this forum whom I was confused with as well) in this way. Again, some of you might think Stefano is totally fine and that is your opinion. His approach there is just childish and totally unprofessional. I do like Assetto Corsa but Kunos needs a better public relation person lol.

If he was simply "sponsoring the race car for advertising purposes" he would sponsor a race car in a real race division where people will actually see it. Not some half-baked wet dream for that idiot at PRC. Plus, if he were just sponsoring a race car to get advertising he wouldn't completely fund 100% of THAT person's race career. Finally, if he were just doing it for advertising he wouldn't be worried about what PRC may or may not say about pCars 2. Yet, a whole bunch of NDA's were signed so PRC will not be criticizing PCars 2 or Ian Bell personally anymore - just all of the other sims and developers. He bought his silence. I don't respect it. I'm not asking anyone to join me.

@FSportIS - I didn't click the link, but I'm fairly certain the Finnish race care driver/stuntman has nothing to do with PRC. He just ran straight to PRC to give the PRC owner the scoop on how mean Stefano was to him. :rolleyes:

If he was simply "sponsoring the race car for advertising purposes" he would sponsor a race car in a real race division where people will actually see it. Not some half-baked wet dream for that idiot at PRC. Plus, if he were just sponsoring a race car to get advertising he wouldn't completely fund 100% of THAT person's race career. Finally, if he were just doing it for advertising he wouldn't be worried about what PRC may or may not say about pCars 2. Yet, a whole bunch of NDA's were signed so PRC will not be criticizing PCars 2 or Ian Bell personally anymore - just all of the other sims and developers. He bought his silence. I don't respect it. I'm not asking anyone to join me.

Ahhhhh.............. now that is totally unethical IMHO. SMS to buy someone's silence yet he still bags other developers *IS* IMHO unethical.

When this was first raised I understood it to be about some guy that harassed SMS on their forums.

Now that I understand exactly what the issue is I do fully agree with your stance on this ALB123 and the PRC guy has lost all credibility and impartiality as well as showing how far the Wookie will stoop ;-)

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

@ALB123 Who exactly is the PRC guy you are talking about and what website is he running? He is different from the stunt driver that was mentioned on the PRC website right? I just want to clarify.

In the interest of maintaining transparency with our readers, I am indeed paid by Slightly Mad Studios for my internal feedback, and they have provided me with a complimentary PC to experience the pre-release versions with as little performance hiccups as possible. However, I have it in writing that the abrasive style that fuels entries on PRC will not be hindered by our new partnership with Slightly Mad Studios, and there are no quotas enforced in regards to publishing X amount of viral marketing pieces. Given the non-disclosure agreements in place and all of that fun stuff I have to dance around, you’ll only hear about Project CARS 2 or other upcoming titles by Slightly Mad Studios if there’s an overwhelming request for it, or something major has happened that warrants an opinion piece. It’s certainly going to be tricky to navigate and refine, but everyone involved in this knows that sim racers like reading PRC for the off-the-rails format, and it would be wrong to drastically reshape that.

Sounds to me like paying for silence. He states in the paragraph he signed an NDA so you wont hear from them about Pcars. I mean how much clearer can he be.

Ahhhhh.............. now that is totally unethical IMHO. SMS to buy someone's silence yet he still bags other developers *IS* IMHO unethical.

Ian said that part of the agreement was that PRC would lay off the bashing of all game devs, not just SMS. Whether that's true or comes to fruition is probably remains to be seen.

Why would anyone want to hear anything from PRC about any SIM, is beyond me. This community will never cease to amaze me.
Exactly. There's already enough nonsense that goes on in this "community". It's funny because we're all looking for the same goal, aren't we? To have the most fun we can have. So many self-proclaimed experts who know everything, yet deliver nothing.

If all of you guys switched to Project Cars or R3E tomorrow, I might not talk to you as much as I did when you were playing AC because we'd now be spending a lot of time focusing on different sim, but jesus...I would hope we could still remain friendly on the forums. So much, "Nope. You don't play the sim I play. Therefore you're my enemy." Over a freakin' video game! :rolleyes:

eQxVlx3m.jpg

ALB123 makes a very good point!

I want to add my 2 cents as well. Hell yeah, I play GT6, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and even Need for speed back in the day with a keyboard haha. The fanboy mentality of one game is superior over the other is logically very similar to discrimination so don't do that. More variety of content, cars, tracks, and fun is ultimately beneficial to the whole sim racing genre.

Without other so called "arcade racing" games to compare with, you wouldn't know how crazy good AC is and appreciate it as much as you do now.

Back