Project Cars or Asseto Corsa

• Thread starter Heels074
  • 211 comments
At the end of the day, how bad was it for PS3 ( or Xbox ) players that you only had one decent serious physics based racing game to choose? We should be hoping all these games do well now that we have all bases covered on console ( except GTS lol, if that does well i dont see the series ever getting back to its former glory )

At the end of the day, how bad was it for PS3 ( or Xbox ) players that you only had one decent serious physics based racing game to choose?

Miserable! And you're pretty much dead on, GT5/6 were the only real options if you wanted something half way serious with decent feeling physics/FFB. That's one of the big reasons I eventually moved to PC, I'd had enough of the shortcomings of GT6 and online for it really started to dwindle so if I wanted to continue I needed to make a move. So I did.

Miserable! And you're pretty much dead on, GT5/6 were the only real options if you wanted something half way serious with decent feeling physics/FFB. That's one of the big reasons I eventually moved to PC, I'd had enough of the shortcomings of GT6 and online for it really started to dwindle so if I wanted to continue I needed to make a move. So I did.

On the bad news, it is little sad to see more serious sim racers like you, ALB123 and many others moving from console to PC :( The console version seems to have a lot of idiots online doing death match. I guess PC has a cleaner drivers community? I'm thinking about moving to PC as well but I have already invested so much on the PS4 pro, PSVR, rig etc :(

The console version seems to have a lot of idiots online doing death match. I guess PC has a cleaner drivers community?

For the most part, not really unless you join clubs/leagues or iRacing. There are exceptions, but there are many public lobbies that are just crashfests or have idiots driving the wrong way. Plus, the PC community is smaller and fractured between all the different sims so it can be hard to find regular, clean groups.

At least you can still use your rig and PSVR on the PC if/when you make the move so it's not all a loss. :) That's kinda what I did when I was on consoles, I built up my setup with wheel, pedals, shifter, rig, triple screens, so when I finally made the move all I had to do was drop in a PC and everything else was ready to go! Of course within a year of being on PC I had upgraded almost all of my gear and now at just over two years since the move nothing from the console days remains and I'm on my second PC. The doctor says I have a severe case of Gear Acquisition Syndrome. :lol:

image.jpeg

For the most part, not really unless you join clubs/leagues or iRacing. There are exceptions, but there are many public lobbies that are just crashfests or have idiots driving the wrong way. Plus, the PC community is smaller and fractured between all the different sims so it can be hard to find regular, clean groups.

At least you can still use your rig and PSVR on the PC if/when you make the move so it's not all a loss. :) That's kinda what I did when I was on consoles, I built up my setup with wheel, pedals, shifter, rig, triple screens, so when I finally made the move all I had to do was drop in a PC and everything else was ready to go! Of course within a year of being on PC I had upgraded almost all of my gear and now at just over two years since the move nothing from the console days remains and I'm on my second PC. The doctor says I have a severe case of Gear Acquisition Syndrome. :lol:

View attachment 638345

Oh my God! I thought I'm crazy of testing out many wheelbases (DFGT, G29, T300) plus many pedals (T3PA, ClubSport Pedal V3, and bunch of mods on stock) plus shifter plus Alcantara wheel (seem like you are missing that one) plus the Next level racing stand but you are surely crazier than me :D

I just added PS4 Pro and PSVR recently. You mentioned it can be used on PC like the other VR system?? I thought PSVR is exclusive to PS4?? Please enlighten me!

Oh my God! I thought I'm crazy of testing out many wheelbases (DFGT, G29, T300) plus many pedals (T3PA, ClubSport Pedal V3, and bunch of mods on stock) plus shifter plus Alcantara wheel (seem like you are missing that one) plus the Next level racing stand but you are surely crazier than me :D

I just added PS4 Pro and PSVR recently. You mentioned it can be used on PC like the other VR system?? I thought PSVR is exclusive to PS4?? Please enlighten me!

My BMW GT2 rim is wrapped in Alcantara. :sly: I just got the GT Omega Pro cockpit too. :D

There's supposedly a workaround that will let you use the PSVR on PC. It's not direct support and I believe the resolution is a little lower but has a higher refresh rate, but it works.

Are there many games that support PSVR on the PS4? Can people use their Oculus Rift's or that other one by HTCon their PS4s? Or is PSVR the ony Virtual Reality headset that will work with PS4? I have a feeling I know the answer already. 💡

Oh, look at what I was driving in Assetto Corsa yesterday, @FSportIS -- This thing can fly. I'm actually suspicious that maybe it has too much power. :lol: I'll look into the data at some point.

DeX5Vg5.jpg

vW5IsFk.jpg

View attachment 638345

Dayeeem dat collection. 👍👍 :dopey:

Did the likes of Forza never appeal to you? I know it's a little far from the side of spectrum you're used to but still!

Did the likes of Forza never appeal to you? I know it's a little far from the side of spectrum you're used to but still!

Ive never owned an XBox so I've never played Forza.
I did, buying a 360 was the first step in my Polyphony divorce :D.

T10 took the direction PD should have taken with their game IMO, I haven't tried FM5 or 6 but 4 had pretty decent physics although like GT it falls in the simcade area. Car collecting/customization was tops but I think like Brandon I prefer a full blown sim so that 360 was more of an intermediate step to PC land eventually.

I did, buying a 360 was the first step in my Polyphony divorce :D.

T10 took the direction PD should have taken with their game IMO, I haven't tried FM5 or 6 but 4 had pretty decent physics although like GT it falls in the simcade area. Car collecting/customization was tops but I think like Brandon I prefer a full blown sim so that 360 was more of an intermediate step to PC land eventually.

You will truly appreciate the physics in FM5. Worth having it in your collection.

Project cars or asseto corsa

Which one of these titles has the more active community / online leagues that are actively racing . I'm going to purchase either game ASAP to hold me off till GTsport arrives

Thanks in advance
Heels

PS4
I have played both a lot and I would have to say Assetto Corsa,Its the best sim racer i have ever played on a console,perfect force feedback..Its just lacking more options..

I have played both a lot and I would have to say Assetto Corsa,Its the best sim racer i have ever played on a console,perfect force feedback..Its just lacking more options..

Like custom online lobbies and active leagues ;-)

Like custom online lobbies and active leagues ;-)
Private lobbies are coming this month eith alot of other updates..The great thing about this sim is it will always be updating..Dont think there will be a Assetto Corsa 2.

Just like to share an experience I made, after watching Aris first tutorial video and enjoying driving better and improving my pace in AC using the BMW 1M at Silverstone international, I thought how would try it in PCars to see how that exercise feel
Very interesting and helped me understand very quickly why i have almost 3000 hours on AC and about 100 in PCars.

Well, apart from the physics it is indeed lacking a lot on consoles. If Kunos ancand round off the package nicely with everything else too, I believe AC would be better accepted in the console community. Since they've been now acquired by a major publisher/developer, I'm sure we're going to be seeing some nice changes in the next AC game.

Shouldn't you play Ping-Pong with balls instead of wheels? ;)

On a serious note, how active is the community on Corsa on PS4 nowadays? I have Pcars (for free on plus account) but don't really like it.

Free on plus account?! Excuse me for asking this but what do you mean?

Between AC and Pcars it should be noted that you might play Pcars and fiddle with wheel settings for 3+hours and STILL not like the way the steering is.

Free on plus account?! Excuse me for asking this but what do you mean?
On Xbox gold it's free. Presumably by this post it is free on PS+ also.

Between AC and Pcars it should be noted that you might play Pcars and fiddle with wheel settings for 3+hours and STILL not like the way the steering is.
You'll be happy to know that all I did for 2 is selecting one preset and I lowered 1 slider. FFB is dialed in for every car I try this way.

And you're right setting up your wheel/ FFB was a pain in the butt for 1.

Shouldn't you play Ping-Pong with balls instead of wheels? ;)

On a serious note, how active is the community on Corsa on PS4 nowadays? I have Pcars (for free on plus account) but don't really like it.
Haven't been on PS4 for a while until the other night but myself and 6 friends are waiting for this upcoming update so we can make our own combos, i suspect there are others doing the same so AC should see an increase in activity. Currently you can always find a race if you really want to, but being so close to the update i just can't be bothered with online for now.

Haven't been on PS4 for a while until the other night but myself and 6 friends are waiting for this upcoming update so we can make our own combos, i suspect there are others doing the same so AC should see an increase in activity. Currently you can always find a race if you really want to, but being so close to the update i just can't be bothered with online for now.

Ok, thx. I'll keep an eye on it. No point in getting it just for hotlapping. I own the pc version but my laptop is a bit outdated.

Uh a year (maybe longer) back that game was part of the monthly (free) games on PS Plus. So I grabbed it but didn't really bother to play it since my wheel was not working on PS4.
Um what? Pcars was on the PSN monthly free games? I do not believe that has been the case (not in the UK anyway ).

Back