Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
I live in New Zealand and have just checked the PS Store after reading on this site that two other users saw a release date of 7 May on PS Store and I can confirm that the pre-order digital edition is there now, releasing on 7 May!
I was hoping that the Limited Edition and Season Pass would be available digitally because I would love to get the BMW M1 in particular, hopefully it and the other 4 vehicles will be available as DLC at some stage in the near future. We do get the pre-order cars though. I might just hold off on the pre-order until it is certain that we can't get the LE digitally at this stage.
Anyway ... colour me excited about the impending release and I have officially boarded the hype train again, though because the game and release date appear on the PS Store I would say it's official now, so the hype train has actually left the station this time!
Hmmm, perhaps I should put that countdown timer app back on my phone (yes, I really am this obsessed about PCars) after a reset and deletion because of the recent delays.
Can't wait!!

I live in New Zealand and have just checked the PS Store after reading on this site that two other users saw a release date of 7 May on PS Store and I can confirm that the pre-order digital edition is there now, releasing on 7 May!
I was hoping that the Limited Edition and Season Pass would be available digitally because I would love to get the BMW M1 in particular, hopefully it and the other 4 vehicles will be available as DLC at some stage in the near future. We do get the pre-order cars though. I might just hold off on the pre-order until it is certain that we can't get the LE digitally at this stage.
Anyway ... colour me excited about the impending release and I have officially boarded the hype train again, though because the game and release date appear on the PS Store I would say it's official now, so the hype train has actually left the station this time!
Hmmm, perhaps I should put that countdown timer app back on my phone (yes, I really am this obsessed about PCars) after a reset and deletion because of the recent delays.
Can't wait!!

No digital versions showing for Xbox in US yet...

These delays are getting irritating now, and I'm not worried about free stuff, as long as it all works accordingly,

Joke-Goes-Over-Your-Head-Star-Trek-Gif.gif

:P

Edit: @ Mr. Bugatti

Edit 2: :lol: I meant Mr. Ferrari of course

Hope to god the 7th of May is the proper date!!!

31st is a Sunday...31st would be the last date i'd expect it in May :D
To end this debate: it's in the stores. What do you need more?! Official announcement leaving the pits...

BE HAPPY NOW! :D

Last edited:
No limited edition in the PSN store in the UK. But the pre-order version has some nice looking "exclusive" cars in there.

• Ruf CTR3 SMS-R: Created by the talented engineers at veteran developers Slightly Mad Studios

• Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster: The 678bhp V12 open-top hypercar is the perfect companion for a drive along the Azure Coast

• Ariel Atom 3 Mugen: The ultimate track day car will take you from 0-60 in just 2.9s

Now I just have to decide if I am getting the digital version (so I can play as soon as its released), the limited edition (but I would miss out on several hours racing) or both :) (But I wonder if the DLC keys will work?)

It would also be interesting to see if there is a season pass or even an ultimate edition (like the new Battlefield hardline with all DLC included). I would happily pay the extra money, it would be nice if there was an official announcement before I preorder from the wrong place:nervous::nervous::nervous:

No limited edition in the PSN store in the UK. But the pre-order version has some nice looking "exclusive" cars in there.

• Ruf CTR3 SMS-R: Created by the talented engineers at veteran developers Slightly Mad Studios

• Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster: The 678bhp V12 open-top hypercar is the perfect companion for a drive along the Azure Coast

• Ariel Atom 3 Mugen: The ultimate track day car will take you from 0-60 in just 2.9s

Now I just have to decide if I am getting the digital version (so I can play as soon as its released), the limited edition (but I would miss out on several hours racing) or both :) (But I wonder if the DLC keys will work?)

It would also be interesting to see if there is a season pass or even an ultimate edition (like the new Battlefield hardline with all DLC included). I would happily pay the extra money, it would be nice if there was an official announcement before I preorder from the wrong place:nervous::nervous::nervous:
yes those pre order cars have been there for a while, i'm hoping we'll all be able to download the ltd ed car pack ASAP after release. i want that BMW M1 Procar!

SMS just released a build with some massive camera changes to improve the "smoothness", even at lower fps. Apparently it's a huge code change that makes things look much more fluid, especially on consoles.

What I'm trying to get at is, they are definitely slightly mad putting these huge changes in the final gold build. I suspect this could have been the reason for the delay.

Anyway, hats off to the team working to get the BEST possible experience to all the gamers everywhere on any system.

digital edition comprises of:
  • The Standard Edition
  • The Limited Edition Car Pack
  • The Modified Car Pack
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html

... so another 5 cars from the Limited Car Pack should be available when you pre-order digital version from the PSN store

Latest Posts

Back