Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
Can somebody explain why Amazon is still indicating May 31st? I know it's the 12th for the U.S. but Amazon is annoying the curd out of me right now.

digital edition comprises of:
  • The Standard Edition
  • The Limited Edition Car Pack
  • The Modified Car Pack
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html

... so another 5 cars from the Limited Car Pack should be available when you pre-order digital version from the PSN store
welp going digital :D yay
200.gif

SMS just released a build with some massive camera changes to improve the "smoothness", even at lower fps. Apparently it's a huge code change that makes things look much more fluid, especially on consoles.

What I'm trying to get at is, they are definitely slightly mad putting these huge changes in the final gold build. I suspect this could have been the reason for the delay.

Anyway, hats off to the team working to get the BEST possible experience to all the gamers everywhere on any system.
Side effect (positive) of this work is that motion blur is now working correctly again! Been broken for a while now.

Well PSN doesn't mention the LE cars at all, but the PCars website includes them in the Digital Edition. Perhaps PSN has the description wrong? Would love to know for sure so I can go ahead and preorder.

SMS just released a build with some massive camera changes to improve the "smoothness", even at lower fps. Apparently it's a huge code change that makes things look much more fluid, especially on consoles.

What I'm trying to get at is, they are definitely slightly mad putting these huge changes in the final gold build. I suspect this could have been the reason for the delay.

Anyway, hats off to the team working to get the BEST possible experience to all the gamers everywhere on any system.
I'm ok about the delay when they improve the game like this!

Well PSN doesn't mention the LE cars at all, but the PCars website includes them in the Digital Edition. Perhaps PSN has the description wrong? Would love to know for sure so I can go ahead and preorder.

Same, i would defo go Digital if it had the LE cars, we need this confirming on PSN as it say nothing about the LE cars.

i'll end up paying £40 for the standard edition from Amazon but i'll buy the LE car pack from PSN if and when they make it available. should still save some money that way compared to buying the LE outright.

i'll end up paying £40 for the standard edition from Amazon but i'll buy the LE car pack from PSN if and when they make it available. should still save some money that way compared to buying the LE outright.

So why don't you get the LE when it costs the same? You get a nice steel case and the book with it.

how much is the LE to buy? plus where do I even get it from? surely £40 plus a car pack DLC is cheaper than the LE steel book?

so, after reading here the last days, the physical LE copy from amazon only give me that extra booklet and the steel case for 10 bucks more!?

how many pages does the book have? why is the ger LE steel cover so much more ugly than the us one!? ;)

edit: after posting that pic above my post, whats up with that!?

Last edited:
Just checked my pre-order on the PSN store, went to my download list, and i have three items waiting to be downloaded the one that caught my eye see below.

Project Cars - Limited Edition Upgrade :eek:

RfTAJHg.jpg
that's interesting. did you just preorder the SE? you think you'll have to pay for the LE upgrade?

that's interesting. did you just preorder the SE? you think you'll have to pay for the LE upgrade?

Just ordered the normal edition, Honestly if i have to pay then really i dont mind, at least it shows we should be able to get the Le Content.

Thanks for the screenshot, Schumi! Very valuable info!

Your welcome, no problem.

so the PSN digital release is in fact the LE and costs £49.99? if we get some concrete confirmation from someone i'll be cancelling my Amazon pre order ASAP

so the PSN digital release is in fact the LE and costs £49.99? if we get some concrete confirmation from someone i'll be cancelling my Amazon pre order ASAP

I think it is £44.99 on the psn store, and hopefully from the details i posted aboove it is the Le version.

yes it definitely says on the pCARS website that the Playstation store version has SE, modified pack and LE pack. looks like I'm going digital for this one

I think it is £44.99 on the psn store, and hopefully from the details i posted aboove it is the Le version.

£44.99 is a very good price for LE pack too 👍

I have never downloaded a full game before who long dose it take about?

Depends on your internet speed and the game size. Living (nearly) in the middle of nowhere in Germany, I can get around 8GB/h on the ps4

That's the reason i have gone Digital on Project Cars, the price, as for Downloading, depends on how quick you DL speed is, as @bleeder has mentioned, the latest games allow pre-loading of the game before it is released.

Back