Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
it looks like the only way for some of us to get the LE version is digital. normally I would never bother, unless flash sales and stuff, but if the digital version is the same price as physical plus we get the LE car pack then I'm seriously tempted.

as for performance, no, there's no difference. even if you buy the disc you still have to install it and the disc is only then used to verify the purchase, not for being read as you play.

it looks like the only way for some of us to get the LE version is digital. normally I would never bother, unless flash sales and stuff, but if the digital version is the same price as physical plus we get the LE car pack then I'm seriously tempted.

as for performance, no, there's no difference. even if you buy the disc you still have to install it and the disc is only then used to verify the purchase, not for being read as you play.

I know here there is plenty of Limited Editions left I was in Gamestop this morning and I upgraded to LE after pre-ordering in January. The manager was on who I know really well and he said the have loads of L.E allocations left. In the UK they seems like hens teeth. Anyway Gamestop.ie if any of you guys want to order it.

Last edited:
Reason i am going Digital, The game is cheap, dont have to change disc when i want a blast "Yes Lazyness", the game will be a keeper for sure.

+1

standard edition is like £5 cheaper but yeah laziness and extra cars from the LE ... digital it is for me

thanks for the tip. GAME store is the only place officially selling it in the UK and they've sold out. i'm still slightly dubious about the UK PSN digital pre order containing the LE car pack as the description on PSN only states the 3 pre order cars but now that i've just seen @Schumi-01 is in Wales and not Germany (;)) i'm feeling better about the digital version containing everything.

i wonder how hard it will be to get official confirmation? might send an email to Sony...

I'm against digital retail games out of principle, so I'm hoping digital won't be the only way to get the LE car pack in the united states. Dangling cars like the McLaren F1 and BMW M1 behind a set of hoops to jump through is the sort of thing that makes people hate DLC.

I'm against digital retail games out of principle, so I'm hoping digital won't be the only way to get the LE car pack in the united states. Dangling cars like the McLaren F1 and BMW M1 behind a set of hoops to jump through is the sort of thing that makes people hate DLC.
DLC stands for Downloadable Content, so yeah, to get LE you will have to go digital. I mean, you probably can buy a physical copy (standard edition) and then pay for those LE cars later on, but it's still a download.

DLC stands for Downloadable Content, so yeah, to get LE you will have to go digital. I mean, you probably can buy a physical copy (standard edition) and then pay for those LE cars later on, but it's still a download.
Why not buy the disk version below,you get 3 cars, same as Game Stop in the US just Canadian store. Edit just saw this.
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/proje...ted_edition_sold_out_on_ps4_and_xbox_one.html
https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/715448/project-cars-with-exclusive-bonus
The Modified Car Pack includes:
  • Ruf CTR3 SMS-R - A race spec version of the already impressive Ruf CTR3 super sports car created by the talented engineers at veteran developer Slightly Mad Studios. This modified version produces over 750 horsepower and a staggering 330 km/h top speed making it a truly unique combination of technical excellence and aesthetic passion.
  • Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - An open-top hyper car with a monstrous top speed, racecar levels of downforce, and extravagant beauty to match its multi-million dollar price tag.
  • Ariel Atom 3 Mugen - Instantly recognizable with its exposed red chassis and white bodywork while underneath the hood a tuned Honda Type R engine gets it from 0-60 in just 2.9 seconds.

Last edited:
I emailed Sony about the contents of the digital download via the contact address they give on PSN, and note, I did not send it to the technical support link, but instead of answering my query or forwarding it I got a response telling me to create an account on the Sony SCEuk press site as it was their domain.

guess I'll try again

edit: the site they linked me to appears to be a company site geared towards getting press releases and suchlike from Sony and I have to wait for my application to be reviewed before I can join.

WTF

I'm a little confused on these editions. I know us chumps in the US don't get the Limited Edition because [insert lamest excuse of all time here]. I just want all the cars in the game, since I pre-ordered at BestBuy, I get one car pack. Can I just buy the other cars that I'll be missing as DLC?

Jerome

Back