Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
PCars at least got V8 though...
Thank you! 👍 👍
cp1lj34zbfb7re0tr5dn.jpg

Dead Island 2 has been on PSN since the dawn of time and doesn't even have a release date. :lol:

Maybe I should have said shown up on PSN "with a release date". I never knew a game release to have been extended after a date was announced on PSN.

I think it'll def release in may just depends when exactly.

I think Coddies will force their hand now with releasing F1 in June which won't be delayed in having to release Pcars in may whether they are 100% happy or not as they will lose a few sales if F1 Is out first whether it's a poor game (F1) or not.
Personally I won't be getting F1 until it's out for a while and see what state it's in but you will get some buy it now matter what if it's out first and if they are like me I can't afford to buy several games around the same time time.
F1 can stew in it's own juice if this is worth it's salt. This could be the all round go to racer. The best f1 on console was '97 for me, dynamic weather back then was awesome

I'm a huge F1 fan too but for me every Codemasters F1 I've played has been disappointing although I didn't bother with the last two. Having played (Game) Stock Car Extreme on my PC it's 5 eras of F1 cars with similar liveries for each era pummels official F1 into submission. I am more than hopeful Project Cars Formula A will surpass even that and by some reports it does. Reports say it's the best F1 simulation outside of the official F1 teams own simulators. Maybe having expertise from someone who sets those up for a living will help a little. I guess time will tell how good it is.

Of course getting a replica of an F1 season from a gameplay experience is nice. However I'll only get F1 on PS4 if reviews/user opinion says it's a big improvement or if there's a demo that impresses.

It is going so off topic in here! ^^

I think it's relevant to the discussion which was relating how the moving of the launch of Project Cars was impacted/not impacted by the proximity of release to another racing game. I also mentioned the potential top quality of Project Cars F1 type cars.

What part of: "Release will be May, most probably May 7th" leads you to ask this question?
Well in fairness the March and April dates had a even more concrete release dates than the "Mid-May" date. Those didn't stop them from delaying it.

Well in fairness the March and April dates had a even more concrete release dates than the "Mid-May" date. Those didn't stop them from delaying it.

True. Yet we have no sign whatsoever to award even speculating about any further delay.

I don't know, I have no inside info, and no axe to grind. I just want PCars to be released.

The problem for PCars will come from people losing interest. I am not talking about people here on GTplanet, I am talking regular, actual gamers. There has been so much hype over the last 6 months that people have seen it and made their pre-orders. Then cancelled them, and made them again, and cancelled them again.

Next time (or the time after or the time after that) they will forget to pre-order. They will get into "crazy dance moves 57" or "sim pet owner" (with optional in game purchases). What if AC or Iracing was given this much hype? What if GT7 decide to reveal a release date of "late 2015"? (which would probably mean sometime 2025). Good-Will only goes so far.

PC players have a lot to choose from, XBone have Forza series, PS4 players not so much. the problem I see is that one day you have to take a punt and get it out there, warts and all. It cant be as bad as Driveclub, and it will knock the Crew into the long grass.

I just hope SMS can see the benefit of getting the game out there and have several thousand paying testers playing the game from day one.

Back