Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by drivatar, Mar 11, 2015.

1. CHEN255

CHEN255

Because there hasn't been an official release date announcement I wonder if SONY (& now Microsoft?) jumped early by mistake & let the "cat out of the bag".:D

2. alegunner68

alegunner68

I hope for their sakes that date is correct...can you imagine the reaction if it gets pushed back again? I've hated all these delays but would rather a game that works than one that's riddled with bugs.
    The build notes are getting shorter so that's good news.
    Please be May 7th.

Bethany Dawn and CHEN255 like this.
  3. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

Just for the record: Official Release is "Mid May". The PSN Date just happens to be a good indicator of what "Mid May" actually could be meaning. Not that we all get the general impression of May 7th as "official" and then epic wining and crying commences if it turns out it will be coming on May 8 or May 25 or whatever.

Everybody should just chill out a bit.

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  4. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

So i repeat my question: was there ever the case of a gaming being listed on psn and then get delayed?! ...because i put a lot of trust in the psn date.

Zakspeed_TV likes this.
  5. Brit999

Brit999

I dont think there has been a game listed on PSN (PS4) that has gone on to be delayed. Also this is the first timne that PCars has actually shown up on the PSN. I am taking that as a good sign:lol::lol::lol:

6. CHEN255

CHEN255

That's my take on it too, appearing on PSN for the first time is a positive sign to me. But I'm not going to bet my home on it! ;)

7. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

Then I put my mom's cat house on at! That little ball of fur is sleeping next to her bed already. :D

CHEN255 likes this.
  8. sik180sx

sik180sx

I'd rather it be late,rather then become another gt6.

V8-Johnboy and CHEN255 like this.
  9. ocat1979

ocat1979

XB1 only showing PCars in the "coming soon" section, no date is shown.

10. paulpg87

paulpg87

if they push it back again i will move to f1 2015 in june.. they are already too near.

Cholton82 likes this.
  11. Cholton82

Cholton82

As will I !

12. Formula1269

Formula1269 (Banned)

If Project CARS is as good as it appears to be, I can't see myself getting involved in another Codemasters F1 game unless they've made great strides with the IP. I was never really impressed with their last games.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    JohnScoonsBeard, Brit999 and novcze like this.
  13. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

Competition releases in June? Better move the release date to August :scared:

14. Brend

Brend Premium

Dead Island 2 has been on PSN since the dawn of time and doesn't even have a release date. :lol:

15. samurai8juice

samurai8juice

#pray4may

alegunner68, ukfan758 and Johnnypenso like this.
  16. Termite111

Termite111

I think it'll def release in may just depends when exactly.

I think Coddies will force their hand now with releasing F1 in June which won't be delayed in having to release Pcars in may whether they are 100% happy or not as they will lose a few sales if F1 Is out first whether it's a poor game (F1) or not.
    Personally I won't be getting F1 until it's out for a while and see what state it's in but you will get some buy it now matter what if it's out first and if they are like me I can't afford to buy several games around the same time time.

17. CHEN255

CHEN255

IMO they will release in May not because of Codies F1 but because any more delays will hurt the brand and sales. Also, I heard that SMS wear the cost every time a delay happens, and there are big $ involved in delays apparently.
    I have nothing to base any of this on, but I think SMS have probably polished the game in the extra several months since the original release date to a point where they are finally really happy with the game and were going to release in May anyway.

ukfan758, catamount39 and dipsetab like this.
  18. catamount39

catamount39

Exactly, plus with them saying "99.99%" done people will really question what they're doing or waiting for anymore. May is a "do or die" date for them now.

19. dipsetab

dipsetab

agreed if they choke on the release window its pretty much over for them IMO:(

20. samurai8juice

samurai8juice

I wonder if there are people at SMS who 'monitor' websites like this one for positive/negative feedback for Project Cars.

21. paulpg87

paulpg87

licences make a difference for me, project cars is good but i won't be interested in its formula A league. i want real f1.

22. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

Sure, buy F1 2015 in June, its easy :cheers:

23. fortbo

fortbo

If you want wonky physics:lol:

JohnScoonsBeard and Wolfe like this.
  24. Zakspeed_TV

Zakspeed_TV

pCars all day over F1 2015

25. paulpg87

paulpg87

il will buy both off course.. for pcars i have a preorder oustading since november..
    it annoys me that at the end they are so near.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    catamount39 likes this.
  26. paulpg87

paulpg87

it depends, two different games. there is not actual f1 in pcars. the right choce for me is both and i won't play formula A in pcars enjoying all the rest. simple as that. Moreover i can't miss tracks like sepang, melbourne, canada etc. I'm really an f1 fan i can't stand a fake f1 championship when playing.

27. catamount39

catamount39

Well PCARS has the (beautiful) 2011 Lotus F1...which I'll take. :3

CHEN255 likes this.
  28. paulpg87

paulpg87

i enjoyed driveclub... the important thing is being fun, it's a videogame. Otherwise i would have moved to pc and assetto corsa.

As i said i will buy both and play formula 1 in f1 game and pcars for the rest.

29. dipsetab

dipsetab

true i love how project cars is shaping up its just i want it to really succeed and have a huge life span. delaying it again is not a smart move at this point.:(

novcze and Zakspeed_TV like this.
  30. Tourgott

Tourgott

PCars at least got V8 though...