Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
Considering that PSN store (and from what they're saying the Xbone store too) have it up now...I think it's almost safe to say it will come on the 7th.
Because there hasn't been an official release date announcement I wonder if SONY (& now Microsoft?) jumped early by mistake & let the "cat out of the bag".:D

I hope for their sakes that date is correct...can you imagine the reaction if it gets pushed back again? I've hated all these delays but would rather a game that works than one that's riddled with bugs.
The build notes are getting shorter so that's good news.
Please be May 7th.

Just for the record: Official Release is "Mid May". The PSN Date just happens to be a good indicator of what "Mid May" actually could be meaning. Not that we all get the general impression of May 7th as "official" and then epic wining and crying commences if it turns out it will be coming on May 8 or May 25 or whatever.

Everybody should just chill out a bit.

So i repeat my question: was there ever the case of a gaming being listed on psn and then get delayed?! ...because i put a lot of trust in the psn date.

I dont think there has been a game listed on PSN (PS4) that has gone on to be delayed. Also this is the first timne that PCars has actually shown up on the PSN. I am taking that as a good sign:lol::lol::lol:
That's my take on it too, appearing on PSN for the first time is a positive sign to me. But I'm not going to bet my home on it! ;)

Dead Island 2 has been on PSN since the dawn of time and doesn't even have a release date. :lol:
I dont think there has been a game listed on PSN (PS4) that has gone on to be delayed. Also this is the first timne that PCars has actually shown up on the PSN. I am taking that as a good sign:lol::lol::lol:

I think it'll def release in may just depends when exactly.

I think Coddies will force their hand now with releasing F1 in June which won't be delayed in having to release Pcars in may whether they are 100% happy or not as they will lose a few sales if F1 Is out first whether it's a poor game (F1) or not.
Personally I won't be getting F1 until it's out for a while and see what state it's in but you will get some buy it now matter what if it's out first and if they are like me I can't afford to buy several games around the same time time.

IMO they will release in May not because of Codies F1 but because any more delays will hurt the brand and sales. Also, I heard that SMS wear the cost every time a delay happens, and there are big $ involved in delays apparently.
I have nothing to base any of this on, but I think SMS have probably polished the game in the extra several months since the original release date to a point where they are finally really happy with the game and were going to release in May anyway.

IMO they will release in May not because of Codies F1 but because any more delays will hurt the brand and sales. Also, I heard that SMS wear the cost every time a delay happens, and there are big $ involved in delays apparently.
I have nothing to base any of this on, but I think SMS have probably polished the game in the extra several months since the original release date to a point where they are finally really happy with the game and were going to release in May anyway.
Exactly, plus with them saying "99.99%" done people will really question what they're doing or waiting for anymore. May is a "do or die" date for them now.

If Project CARS is as good as it appears to be, I can't see myself getting involved in another Codemasters F1 game unless they've made great strides with the IP. I was never really impressed with their last games.
licences make a difference for me, project cars is good but i won't be interested in its formula A league. i want real f1.

pCars all day over F1 2015
it depends, two different games. there is not actual f1 in pcars. the right choce for me is both and i won't play formula A in pcars enjoying all the rest. simple as that. Moreover i can't miss tracks like sepang, melbourne, canada etc. I'm really an f1 fan i can't stand a fake f1 championship when playing.

If you want wonky physics:lol:
i enjoyed driveclub... the important thing is being fun, it's a videogame. Otherwise i would have moved to pc and assetto corsa.

As i said i will buy both and play formula 1 in f1 game and pcars for the rest.

Back