Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
I'm a little confused on these editions. I know us chumps in the US don't get the Limited Edition because [insert lamest excuse of all time here]. I just want all the cars in the game, since I pre-ordered at BestBuy, I get one car pack. Can I just buy the other cars that I'll be missing as DLC?

Jerome
no one knows if we can get the LE car pack as DLC yet. I bet they won't give any details until after the release.

no one knows if we can get the LE car pack as DLC yet. I bet they won't give any details until after the release.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Jerome

Does anyone happen to know if the PSN pre-order of Project Cars if for a 'lite' version or early access? 07/05/15 is stated, and it says 'digital edition' which could imply that it is different somehow to the other editions. Wondered if we could expect to see the disc version around the same time. Or not?

I might still stick with a hard copy as I want to have the box for this bad boy as a mark of triumph. :P

I have the same addiction with music, I need the cd. With games I usually get the disk simply because I can sell the game on later. Not sure I'll be doing that with this game though as it'll be worth buttons by the time I'm finished with it.

Had my pre-order on Amazon UK since beginning of DEC last year they still havent out a new date up( yeh I know there isnt an offficial release date yet) So ive cancelled and pre-ordered the digital LE version of PNS only £3 more no brainer really

I have the same addiction with music, I need the cd. With games I usually get the disk simply because I can sell the game on later. Not sure I'll be doing that with this game though as it'll be worth buttons by the time I'm finished with it.
Yeah I'll most likely be using this game probably for the rest of my life. :lol:

On my German board I get bashed all the time I when have so much faith in a title. Mostly because I whine about when it sucks after release. :D
driveclub is a pretty good example of that. I was fooled by Sony, promising a arcade/sim title... My fault.

But I just want to believe what they are saying. I want it to come true. Don't let me down SMS, dare you... :)

On my German board I get bashed all the time I when have so much faith in a title. Mostly because I whine about when it sucks after release. :D
driveclub is a pretty good example of that. I was fooled by Sony, promising a arcade/sim title... My fault.

But I just want to believe what they are saying. I want it to come true. Don't let me down SMS, dare you... :)
Well to be fair DC (I just bought it as a backup plan...paranoid now about PCARS lol) is a very good game. They've fixed 99% of its issues and it is a good sim-cade mountain road stormer.

I'm already thinking of my first PCARS race...LMP1's and GT3's at Monza with a day/night cycle set for an hour driving a BMW Z4 GT3. :D

Its a very good game, but not what I wanted (even burnout on PS3 is more fun to me). I was in need for some good sim action on my ps4! And so my hopes went down...
Now I put all my faith into Pcars cause GT is years away. I don't want to get disappointed again. I just wanna race, man!

Does anyone happen to know if the PSN pre-order of Project Cars if for a 'lite' version or early access? 07/05/15 is stated, and it says 'digital edition' which could imply that it is different somehow to the other editions. Wondered if we could expect to see the disc version around the same time. Or not?
I'd say there's zero chance of a digital version coming out at any time other than when the physical game releases.

Having pre ordered my limited edition last year on ps4 I'm very tempted to go with the digital download , Although I want the BMW M1 etc and unsure just what you get when pre ordering the digital edition :-/

Having pre ordered my limited edition last year on ps4 I'm very tempted to go with the digital download , Although I want the BMW M1 etc and unsure just what you get when pre ordering the digital edition :-/

You get all 8 extra cars that come with the LE. I Just preordered on psn and my download queue looks exactly like the one I have on steam, 3 packs: Game, preorder bonus, limited edition

You get all 8 extra cars that come with the LE. I Just preordered on psn and my download queue looks exactly like the one I have on steam, 3 packs: Game, preorder bonus, limited edition
I wish SONY would get its act together and put a proper description up then, because it still only lists the 3 preorder cars, nothing about the LE & I don't want to preorder until I'm sure the LE is included as well. I'm a bit sceptical now about the release date being accurate too. There still hasn't been any official release date mentioned & PSN is still the only place quoting 7 May as far as I know.

So finally someone gimme an answer! The German Amazon LE version for 10 bucks more is just for the steelcase and booklet?!

I'd say there's zero chance of a digital version coming out at any time other than when the physical game releases.

So is this date backed up by SMS themselves? I was in GAME earlier picking up Hardline and I asked about PCars. They said 'May'. No date set according to those guys. PSN pricing seems low too, i wonder if that's retail? £44.99

So finally someone gimme an answer! The German Amazon LE version for 10 bucks more is just for the steelcase and booklet?!
Doesn't really matter. The LE ins't available on amazon.de anymore.
And where did you get that "10 bucks more" stuff from? I pre-ordered the LE for €79,99 and the standard version is €62,99 right now, so it's closer to "20 bucks more".

Doesn't really matter. The LE ins't available on amazon.de anymore.
And where did you get that "10 bucks more" stuff from? I pre-ordered the LE for €79,99 and the standard version is €62,99 right now, so it's closer to "20 bucks more".
So be it like 20...! I'm just asking for what to i get actually. If it was available... Can you answer my question or not?!

DLC stands for Downloadable Content, so yeah, to get LE you will have to go digital. I mean, you probably can buy a physical copy (standard edition) and then pay for those LE cars later on, but it's still a download.
I think you got lost in my wording, so allow me to reiterate. :)

I hope buying a digital copy of PCARS isn't the only way americans can access the LE car pack, because I would much rather buy a physical copy of the game. It's also not cool to lock away popular cars like the F1 or M1 with an exclusive DLC scheme, especially when it's unclear if they'll be available to everyone else as standard DLC later.

But hey, at least there aren't any damned "unicorns" requiring you to join in some fan community thing during a specific period of time, just for a chance to earn an access code for cars that are already in the game and appear as AI opponents...
Sorry that was actually for Wolfe
Thanks, but I still have longer to wait before I can even preorder the Wii U version.
Standing up can be tiring sometimes :D
My "entertainment stand" is an old computer desk, and I can reach all four consoles from my chair. :P Two of them reside on one of those sliding keyboard/mouse trays, which is actually pretty nifty.

So be it like 20...! I'm just asking for what to i get actually. If it was available... Can you answer my question or not?!

Software content in the boxed LE version is exactly the same as preordering digital on any platform. Steel Case and Behind the Scenes Booklet are exclusive to the boxed version ofc.

Software content in the boxed LE version is exactly the same as preordering digital on any platform. Steel Case and Behind the Scenes Booklet are exclusive to the boxed version ofc.
Thank you @blowfishrulez. Same goes for normal boxed version? The preorder cars and modded car pack is in too, if I preorder for 62,99€?! Thought I have to get the LE to get the M1 pro car and the others...

Again, any news on the booklet? How many pages? Sorry to ask again but it wasn't answered yet... I think. :)

Last edited:
Thank you @blowfishrulez. Same goes for normal boxed version? The preorder cars and modded car pack is in too, if I preorder for 62,99€?! Thought I have to get the LE to get the M1 pro car and the others...

Again, any news on the booklet? How many pages? Sorry to ask again but it wasn't answered yet... I think. :)

The normal boxed version will only have the modified car pack (Ariel Atom Mugen, RUF CTR3 SMS-R, Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster) as a bonus, should one choose to preoder this. It is all clearly listed on http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html.

Look and content of the Behind-the-scenes book has not been revealed and will probably remain a surprise until release.

Anyone here know why there has been no mention of the release change on the official website?
By not committing to a specific release date gives them the flexibility to move the date if needed, there probably hopeful for a release in May, but the date could move again.

Which is why I will be canceling my preorder tommorw and going back to gt6 until SMS get their mess together.

Considering that PSN store (and from what they're saying the Xbone store too) have it up now...I think it's almost safe to say it will come on the 7th.

Latest Posts

Back