Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
Then why on earth are you saying what you're saying?
Ah, you see, because i'm a gaming geek I've got a load of other games to play until PCars releases, as I'm pretty sure most people in here have. Do I wish I could play it sooner? Yes but I'm not going to react like it some big meaningful issue because it's just not.

swg
Glad you feel that way. Unfortunately though for every person who see's it the way you do another probably see's it as slippery slope leading to another year of delays when they could have used the money on something that might have been more important or certainly more useful for that year.

This. Though I don't necessarily think it's the case, others are certainly going to start thinking so.
Priorities! I sold some stuff just for this. So it was like "free money", you get me?!
You called it though:
trophy-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png
Yeah, kill the messenger. ;) I didnt wanted it to be true. Just give this community a news as fast as possible.

Ah, you see, because i'm a gaming geek I've got a load of other games to play until PCars releases, as I'm pretty sure most people in here have. Do I wish I could play it sooner? Yes but I'm not going to react like it some big meaningful issue because it's just not.
This isn't about the moaning, it's about taking time off work for a set game release date apparently being "dumb"

VBR
I wonder if they'll actually answer the questions, or if they'll just organize it then remain silent forever more.

:sly:
They will give us a date when they'll release the answers and then delay it again... ;)

This isn't about the moaning, it's about taking time off work for a set game release date apparently being "dumb"
You don't think it's dumb to take time off work for the future release of a computer game full in the knowledge that it's been delayed before and could be in the future?

No it's not dumb. Respect people who want to play several hours straight or maybe a day or two. It's their hobby!

People are different! You might like playing 1 hour after work, others want more.

I want some free time too. if I'm having fun with it, I don't want to Be forced to go to sleep cause I need to get up early to work.

Last edited:
You don't think it's dumb to take time off work for the future release of a computer game full in the knowledge that it's been delayed before and could be in the future?
I could book a holiday in the south of France in July only to get there and it's pissing down with rain for the whole week. Does that mean I never book a holiday as it would be "dumb"?

This game is going to be buggy regardless, because every game is. At this point, give me the buggy game in April ffs. Last time I schedule time off of work for a game though, learned my lesson the hard way. Why keep announcing dates if you can't stick to them? Same thing goes for GTA on PC.
GT6 already cornered the buggy game market I'm afraid, best on waiting.

I could book a holiday in the south of France in July only to get there and it's pissing down with rain for the whole week. Does that mean I never book a holiday as it would be "dumb"?
Why? Rain doesn't stop you from having a holiday. I've been on plenty of holidays were it's rained all week and had a great time. The two situations are not comparable.

Your initial point didn't specify anything about the release date, you just 'wow'd at the idea of taking time off work for a video game. :lol:

I m as disappointed as anyone here, not the least because that delay might mean money being taken out of my pocket due to less sales because of people being frustrated. But some of you people are seriously overreacting. Without knowing specific reasons for the delay, you might wanna keep in mind that this project is not like SMS are selling boxes of self baked cookies in the neighborhood. There are several parties involved and various elements at play that might not be SMS' fault as well. Just saying.

What's "dumb" is thinking everyone who isn't you is "dumb". That everyone that doesn't come to the same conclusion for every decision as you do is "dumb". Then insulting them for it.

Your initial point didn't specify anything about the release date, you just 'wow'd at the idea of taking time off work for a video game. :lol:
I think the clue is in 'Your initial point didn't specify'. You're right it didn't, however, when challenged on it I did. So what's your point?

I think the clue is in 'Your initial point didn't specify'. You're right it didn't, however, when challenged on it I did. So what's your point?
His point is taking time off for a video game isn't dumb

They are comparable. The principal is we can't predict the future, so we just go with what we can, in other words booking time off on the date of a game release, or picking a typically hot month and location to go on holiday.

swg
What's "dumb" is thinking everyone who isn't you is "dumb". That everyone that doesn't come to the same conclusion for every decision as you do is "dumb". Then insulting them for it.
Where did I say any of that? How does me thinking one thing is dumb become 'every decision'. I think you may be misrepresenting me there.

Don't ever think you are in a position to decide what my point is. Next time I will read your mind and think what damage control you will come up with when you are challenged on a point, better? 👍
I disagree.

Don't ever think you are in a position to decide what my point is. Next time I will read your mind and think what damage control you will come up with when you are challenged on a point, better? 👍
I wouldn't dream of it 👍

I'm probably a bigger gaming geek than the majority of you, have been since I first spent 20 mins loading a game from tape on an acorn electron (I wonder how some carrying on like they are in here would react back then when 20% of the time the game wouldn't load and you'd have to do it all again). However, taking time of work when you know there is a chance of a delay, especially considering the game has been delayed before, it just plain dumb.
my first gaming experience was also on an Acorn Electron. loved that thing! I also don't think it's in any way sad to book time off to play videogames, unfortunately my holidays these days have to coincide with my kids' school hols but, man, I'd love nothing more than to sit at home in peace and quiet and appreciate a new game that I'd been waiting months for.

Back