Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
my first gaming experience was also on an Acorn Electron. loved that thing! I also don't think it's in any way sad to book time off to play videogames, unfortunately my holidays these days have to coincide with my kids' school hols but, man, I'd love nothing more than to sit at home in peace and quiet and appreciate a new game that I'd been waiting months for.
+1 You old git!:lol:

my first gaming experience was also on an Acorn Electron. loved that thing! I also don't think it's in any way sad to book time off to play videogames, unfortunately my holidays these days have to coincide with my kids' school hols but, man, I'd love nothing more than to sit at home in peace and quiet and appreciate a new game that I'd been waiting months for.
Me too, however, I'd never take the chance on wasting a weeks holiday if the game was delayed late in the day.

im not surprised or disappointed, I told my mate back in january not to expect it in march as fromw the things i was reading it didnt seam like it was ready to be released so early. I guess this delay is good for the people who planned on buying Ride

im not surprised or disappointed, I told my mate back in january not to expect it in march as fromw the things i was reading it didnt seam like it was ready to be released so early. I guess this delay is good for the people who planned on buying Ride
Hopefully the delay is better for us all. Hopefully we get a better game at release as a result.

Me too, however, I'd never take the chance on wasting a weeks holiday if the game was delayed late in the day.
funny thing is Project CARS was due to be released just as Easter hols started but I'd hardly be able to play it anyway cos I'd have 2 kids to look after all day! perhaps the May release is a good thing. for me. actually, no. I want it now!

Very curious about this free gift to compensate for the delay. Extra month = more time to add content. So to start, there should be more content with the extra month. Then on top of that, the "free gift." My not-in-the-gaming-development-industry opinion.

I'm sorta fine with this.

Sucks that I can't play it soon, but hopefully this means it will be a lot more stable on release.

The videos I've seen from a couple months ago from PC seem rather unfinished and occasionally unstable.

They will give us a date when they'll release the answers and then delay it again... ;)

I got a couple of dates, mate. Which one would you like? :lol:

dates-1.jpg

The most dissapointing part in all this though, is the noncommittal ''mid-May'' target - which frankly screams another delay down the line. I could understand the delay from November to March, hell, even the two weeks which they announced not so long ago, but this third one is hard to swallow. I'm obviously still very excited to get my hands on the game but this news is a bummer.

On a positive note, I now have a lot more time over for RIDE (which was also delayed by a week today).

GT all over again....

Ooh, really? Let's compare:

Gt5
-delayed for years
-dropped promised features
-released buggy and half arsed

Pcars
-has been delayed for less than a year
-has not dropped any features
-can't predict the future but pretty sure the delay is so the last bullet point doesn't apply

Besides, isn't everything getting delayed at the moment?

yes, everything is! :)

:D man... my english is bad! i know! release dates that is!

Your English is fine. I just had to throw in a good laugh among the sad news, and you just happened to hold the door open for a nice pun. :P

Your English is fine, logi just trapped you into a dodgy pun lol

I honestly stole it... from Ronnie Corbett that is. :)

Your English is fine. I just had to throw in a good laugh among the sad news, and you just happened to hold the door open for a nice pun. :P

I honestly stole it... from Ronnie Corbett that is. :)

:bowdown::lol: man, thats the first time i was seeing something to laugh about in this forum today! :D

thx. you made my day!

it will all be good, pcars wise!! lets just look forward people! its coming 2015!!

edit: just cant get that grin off my face! will show it to my friends at work tomorow! :D

The only thing that comes to my mind right now is a big **** you SMS which I will share with a bunch of other developers for being incapable of stick with their release dates. This has to stop! This looks like pure incompetence to me. Someone within the development team should be able to determine the amount of time required to complete a video game. I can accept one delay....but this is freaking 5 months after the first delay and only God knows if Project Cars will come out in May, no I no longer trust this developer and publisher. Devs and publishers have to stop announcing dates and later on delay their games.....it isn't positive marketing, on the contrary....I would love to buy PC half price or at least heavily discounted. This would be a way for me to show how unhappy I, as a consumer, am with this pathetic situation.

Gt5
-delayed for years

Pcars
-can't predict the future but pretty sure the delay is so the last bullet point doesn't apply

Its not out yet....

Gt5
-delayed for years

Pcars

well so maybe they should delay Project Cars another year to make 'the perfect game'.....and you know what? I really think that Project Cars will have many issues when it comes out......which will make this delay situation even more ridiculous......

Gt5
-delayed for years

Pcars

GT5 wasn't delayed for years.

Because you're taking it literally. The principal stands.

First came the trailer for GT Vision. Then, GT HD. Then, came GT5 Prologue.

Then FINALLY it was announced that GT5 would release in 2010 Q1 or Q2? I believe it was announced to release in March 2010? Then, it was delayed for November 2nd. Then, https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-missed-production-window-by-only-3-days-sony-determines-new-dates/.

Two delays. The first delay was a biggy, but nothing like pCARS.

I find it a bit odd that they delayed it what, 2 weeks? Now we get an additional 1+ months officially indeterminate delay. What was it that they thought would be resolved in 2 weeks and how on earth did it not only end up being too much for 2 weeks but ends up becoming what is essentially a "coming soon" release date? I'm not saying the sky is falling but I am however a big fan of transparency... the real kind not "Transparency" that politicians always talk about. Just SAY it. I understand that they might not be able to disclose details due to disclosure agreements etc but certainly they could get away with giving people some idea whats going on. At least that would put an end to some of the speculation and apocalyptic feelings. "Just a little more polish..." just doesn't seem plausible nor does it cut it. At this rate you're gonna polish that thing down to a nub son.

Friends on my other forum told me that sms had similar problems with nfs and such in the past. So it's not that surprising. I did not know that. But I know, we hoped for the best and it did not worked out.
So let's all calm down and just wait.
Everyone made their point on the delay.
Now it's time to wait and see how they deliver!
And for God sake, they will!!
Please forgive me my positive thinking!! I'm that way. Try!

GT5 wasn't delayed for years.

First came the trailer for GT Vision. Then, GT HD. Then, came GT5 Prologue.

Then FINALLY it was announced that GT5 would release in 2010 Q1 or Q2? I believe it was announced to release in March 2010? Then, it was delayed for November 2nd. Then, https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-missed-production-window-by-only-3-days-sony-determines-new-dates/.

Two delays. The first delay was a biggy, but nothing like pCARS.
It still took 5 years to release and was a disappointment when it did.

Latest Posts

Back