Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
It's clear release dates are now to push pre-orders and generate thoeretical 'guaranteed' cash in their eyes. This isn't a pop at SMS, I believe Bamco might have actually put the tentative release date.
I thought by now, they learned NOT to announce the release date, if the game has not yet gone gold. Only release the fixed date when the game is ready to be packed and distributed.

It's clear release dates are now to push pre-orders and generate thoeretical 'guaranteed' cash in their eyes. This isn't a pop at SMS, I believe Bamco might have actually put the tentative release date.
I have just cancelled my pre-order...I will get the game eventually but I don't my pre order to show in their stats.....

My recation to pCARS delay.

0f94836549faa1b35421ac7f09ba506f.jpg

I'm all cool with it being delayed again. Because, you know, I rather have a complete game that works well (buggy and glitchly free), has all the content it promises to deliver at day one etc. At least that's lot better than rushing it out the door, countless updates that ends up adding more bugs, glitches and breaking online mode for everyone, promising features to the WHOLE WORLD they will come in "future updates" (only to have piece by piece of them added two to five months later, and going through ANOTHER 15 months wait to only be given a half-assed feature that's even worse than the last one).

Please SMS and its community. Deliver the best (complete) racing game the world has ever waited for. Cheers to your hard work and care for the title, you still have my respect that's been building up lately. :cheers:

My recation to pCARS delay.

0f94836549faa1b35421ac7f09ba506f.jpg

I'm all cool with it being delayed again. Because, you know, I rather have a complete game that works well (buggy and glitchly free), has all the content it promises to deliver at day one etc. At least that's lot better than rushing it out the door, countless updates that ends up adding more bugs, glitches and breaking online mode for everyone, promising features to the WHOLE WORLD they will come in "future updates" (only to have piece by piece of them added two to five months later, and going through ANOTHER 15 months wait to only be given a half-assed feature that's even worse than the last one).

Please SMS and its community. Deliver the best (complete) racing game the world has ever waited for. Cheers to your hard work and care for the title, you still have my respect that's been building up lately. :cheers:
+1. I just want a great racing game. Unless the delay pushes past May, it really doesn't bother me at all. And even if it did, what would I do? I pre-ordered the game through Steam for PC, so as long as I get to play it in all its glory one day, I don't really care a whole lot. Gaming/sim racing takes up a very, very small percentage of my life and this delay isn't going to throw anything out of whack.

Once again, in situations such as these, Gran Turismo fans are conditioned for this kind of thing. We are, perhaps, the easiest to please and most patient fans in gaming today.

May huh? Fine, just don't announce when in may you are going to release it until you are 100% sure the game is ready. May is when school ends for me so at least there is that.

swg
...I understand that they might not be able to disclose details due to disclosure agreements etc but certainly they could get away with giving people some idea whats going on...
No they couldn't. That's why there are NDAs.

There probably only a few people in the WMD up higher on the food chain that know the real reason for the delay, issues with the consoles might be the reason, PC seem to be far enough along, could be licensing that that still to be hammered out, bugs, at the moment don't really know.

Dear WMD and SMS,

Just release Project CARS on June 3 2015, the day I finish my exams

P.S Mid May is when I start :crazy:

Well now, can we stop complaining about GT6 delays for a while. They are not the only ones. At least they got us a game to play on time.

Yeah, and get bitched by everyone for releasing an unfinished game...
Players will find glitches and issues regardless of how finished the developers think it is, there comes a point when you have to accept that nothing is ever finished and 99.9% sounds close enough!

Cancelling my preoder going to get this game when it comes down in price not worth the full price tag. Why dont they just say the games delayed and not put another date on it ffs? Im done with this uncertanty of release dates. I dont care if you guys can wait with the excuse "Id rather play a full game when its out." This just shows its not even close to being done. Id rather buy a game from a company which can meets its deadlines so far theyve missed 2 whats the bet they push it back? Going to get hate for this comment but this is only an opinion from me.

Blargh a week after I finally decide to pre-order the PS4 version its delayed again. :grumpy: I can live with the delay, will just end up being an early christmas present at this point. :lol:

Judging by the fact that the Wii U isn't mentioned, im starting to get the vaporware vibe as well, and thats the one I most want to try, so I actually get to use my Wii U. :nervous:

Yeah plus one. But there is no game that is perfekt at release. Some Nintendo titles from the past maybe. When there was cartridges and such....
Get your mind right. This is an f'in project. Project!!! The name is concept!!!
Keep that I mind. It'll all be good! Even if it takes some time to release it. And even after release!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project

Well at least the delay will eliminate the need for a day 1 patch. But even after this and it STILL needs one...

Cancelling my preoder going to get this game when it comes down in price not worth the full price tag. Why dont they just say the games delayed and not put another date on it ffs? Im done with this uncertanty of release dates. I dont care if you guys can wait with the excuse "Id rather play a full game when its out." This just shows its not even close to being done. Id rather buy a game from a company which can meets its deadlines so far theyve missed 2 whats the bet they push it back? Going to get hate for this comment but this is only an opinion from me.

You re not going to get hate, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. I would just like to remind you that there might be more elements at play than SMS finishing the game. Its not like they make 50 copies, print out booklets on their office printer and send an intern with a wheelcart to deliver it.

Back