Project CARS Revolution is "200% Better Already" Than Project CARS 2

@IanBell While Developing PC Revolution, Please Give us a Update on Pc2 to make it 150%, To make the wait more bearable.:cheers:
Oh, 100 would be fine. I mean if the whole game ran as with the lovely first series with the Ginetta, it would have been trully awesome.
On the topic above - not sure if it is due to the multi p2p nature, I have not seen cars jumping randomly as in GTS, the issue is more with framedrops in full lobbies. As the frames drop, it seems the car gets more... Jiggly with random steering. At least those were my impressions from a Nurb lobby last week. Smaller number of drivers gave more consistent racing, but an emptier track.
I know I keep banging on the whole unfinished thing, but it is what most people were dissapointed with - lots of potential that got spoiled by issues or limitations.
Easier said than done, but some matchmaking and consistent gameplay can go a long way. Won't buy until confirmed it's released ready.

For me you guys more or less nailed the pad controls in PC2, though I'd turn down the speed sensitivity a bit overall personally. I have to say I'm a little concerned that it will move too far away from what I enjoy so much at the moment. A 'just like PC2' option might be worth doing...

Have you tried PC2? It's night and day better than 1 on a pad.

'Three' is a revolution on pads. I'm not exaggerating. Even my wife agrees.

Edit, and she's never wrong, she told me to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Bringing fun back to sim racing" I hope this isn't a knock on Simulation physics or a gimmick that takes away from simulation fun developing time like the snow track I never used. PS. I did enjoy PC and PC2.
PS. Motorcycle would be a great Revolution..

I highly doubt SMS steps away from the sim part, Ian mentioned before that it would remain a sim, but that they want to add more fun. It remains to be seen how they vision this and I'm sure there are going to be people who think that should have been done differently. I trust them that they will make a fine game and I can only hope they make the changes I'd prefer to see compared to PC2.

There are also some big tracks in Europe that aren't in the game

I think there will always be big tracks missing and while I certainly would love to see those tracks you listed included, their absence isn't the end of the world either since the European track roster is already really good (as is the non-European one).

As well as Iowa and Gateway, I'd recommend Pocono, Bristol, Charlotte, Dover, Homestead-Miami and Kansas.

The only change I would make to this is swapping Charlotte with Las Vegas as that has a proper road course next to the track as well as a more interesting (in my opinion) roval layout. Granted the Vegas road course doesn't offer much in terms of elevation change or scenery, but it's an option.

JUNK DEVELOPER.

SMS games are worthless junk that’s they simply don’t support post launch.

Project cars 2 is glitch nirvana.

We're allocating 4.2% of that percentage to getting us to perfection.

Well, since I got this unexpected reply, I got to ask: is there at least a new batch of community events planned for pCARS? I mean, the first one? I ask because it so happens that I'm just the Community Ambassador trophy away form getting the platinum trophy :D (just four new events would do).

About the new game. I enjoyed pCARS2, but two huge let downs left me disappointed:

- I got the whole idea of simplifying the campaign so people can just jump in whatever they like. But I think you guys left it waaay too open so it lost the great sense of actual progression that the first game had. I missed that.

- I don't know if this was eventually fixed or not on pCARS2, but the time of day scalling on endurance races was so comically wrong that it ruined the endurance and multiclass racing for me, something that I really liked on both games. It got to the bizarre, really, like the night falling two times on the same Le Mans 24H.

"Bringing fun back to sim racing" I hope this isn't a knock on Simulation physics or a gimmick that takes away from simulation fun developing time like the snow track I never used. PS. I did enjoy PC and PC2.
PS. Motorcycle would be a great Revolution..
One man's gimmick is another man's valuable weather option for a good time with rallycross cars and other AWD cars. :)

Well, since I got this unexpected reply, I got to ask: is there at least a new batch of community events planned for pCARS? I mean, the first one? I ask because it so happens that I'm just the Community Ambassador trophy away form getting the platinum trophy :D (just four new events would do).

About the new game. I enjoyed pCARS2, but two huge let downs left me disappointed:

- I got the whole idea of simplifying the campaign so people can just jump in whatever they like. But I think you guys left it waaay too open so it lost the great sense of actual progression that the first game had. I missed that.

- I don't know if this was eventually fixed or not on pCARS2, but the time of day scalling on endurance races was so comically wrong that it ruined the endurance and multiclass racing for me, something that I really liked on both games. It got to the bizarre, really, like the night falling two times on the same Le Mans 24H.

On the first point, agreed it was too open.

On the second point. If you start and night, and end at night, you'll have two nights... We left that open also. Maybe too much so.

Original Project Cars has better lighting & sound so...where your 200% now?
project-cars-16-1.jpg

Hi @IanBell

Have you and the team had recent talks with Virgin Australia Supercars or TCR Australia, in regards to cars and tracks for Project Cars Revolution?

I like Level 42.

Have you and the team had recent talks with Virgin Australia Supercars or TCR Australia, in regards to cars and tracks for Project Cars Revolution?
I remember him saying that they did talk with them regarding PCARS2. However, unlike Forza, they required all the tracks to be scanned. I'm intrigued to know what the deal was between Forza and VASC as they're the official Esports Series but we'll never find out.

TCR Australia would be great. The tracks are good this season for that and talks of Adelaide would be a good evolution for Australian tracks such as The Bend, Sydney, Philip Island, Winton, Sandown and Queensland. The cars are a good representation of what's in other TCR series but I'd also like them to add the SEAT.

TCR Europe would be a good addition with their mass of cars and things like that. Just the difference is a Peugeot instead of the Subaru and liveries of course. Since PWC is now a Blancpain Series, I doubt that would be likely as Kunos have the Blancpain license. Whether that extends to America, I don't know. But if it does, International GT Open could replace as a licensed GT3 series which has TCR Europe as a support series which might be a good link.

I think there will always be big tracks missing and while I certainly would love to see those tracks you listed included, their absence isn't the end of the world either since the European track roster is already really good (as is the non-European one).
Of course. They're just the main ones I think are missing really. Big F1 Grade 1 tracks are possibly what's going to bring some people in and a lot of series use Paul Ricard and the Hungaoring.

The only change I would make to this is swapping Charlotte with Las Vegas as that has a proper road course next to the track as well as a more interesting (in my opinion) roval layout. Granted the Vegas road course doesn't offer much in terms of elevation change or scenery, but it's an option.

Fair enough, I didn't choose Charlotte over Vegas because of the Road Course. It was more of a not wanting to send IndyCars to Vegas which isn't that big for a racing game. Charlotte is one of the main NASCAR races and I remember seeing it in early builds of PCARS1.

I'm ready to preorder as soon as it's available.

I hear the controller behavior will be better, that's great to hear for when I don't feel like mounting the wheel.

I'm hoping sounds have been fixed, I mean, the cars sound wonderful (favorite is the TransAm Camaro and that grunty V8 - I'd love more old cars like this one, such as the De Tomaso Pantera if possible! :bowdown:) but some cars sound a bit too distorted, especially in chase cam. Replays didn't quite sound right either.

Apart from the above, PCARS2 was magnificent, and as such I have no doubts the successor will top all that. :gtpflag:

Patiently waiting for a trailer. :nervous:

@IanBell

Thank you for taking your time to checkout this community of car sim/games fans...

We truly wish you success and we only want the best from you...

Our criticisms here are meant to be constructive so that it may be a win-win-win situations...

In this light... What else can you please tell us so that we may be even more excited and eager to get our hands on your third PC installment?!

PS4 compatible I hope.... You will open yourself to a bigger fan base...

Edit: I don't think many people can afford to buy a second or third console just to play a "game" no matter how much better it is...
Personally I am stuck on Gran Turismo, therefore tied to the Sony environment...and Due to lack of time, it makes no financial sense for me to spend another $600 on top of the PS5 in order to play "another car game" (as seen from my wife's perspective)...

Ido want to contribute to your success and help your team, but I can only commit to buying the game from you on day one... But you gotta make it available on PS4... (Or worse case scenario PS5)... Otherwise, I am pretty sure I will just look at PSrevolution from afar...

I could buy pC2, but with no support from you, it makes no sense...

EDIT 2:

If you want us to buy into your game and own console environment...you not only have to be 200% better than yourself, but you gotta be as good if not better than the next GT game...
That is the truth at least as far as I am concerned...

Releasing pC3 before GT7 will not guarantee a purchase...
Personally I will compare between the two, and will only purchase one... I am pretty I wont have time to play both even if I can easily afford to buy both systems...

(Just like between Forza and GT... I have always picked GT...) That's how it is... And imagine that how it is for most people outside of the GTP community...

Edit3:
No matter what your market research says...
It is a very risky business decision to make us customers with limited resources to choose between two game environment...
Especially for people like us...(old (above 30) who likes car game...) but don't have much time to dedicate ourselves when we are the one who has to take care of our parents and children.

On the other who hand,People who tend tohave multiple consoles are the future generations,which I doubt will have any interest in cars, since the real automotive industry is already moving forward to autonomous cars... What is the excitement in that ? Little by little people will have no interest in driving or racing...

Which kind of customers do you want to cater to?

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
I remember him saying that they did talk with them regarding PCARS2. However, unlike Forza, they required all the tracks to be scanned. I'm intrigued to know what the deal was between Forza and VASC as they're the official Esports Series but we'll never find out.

TCR Australia would be great. The tracks are good this season for that and talks of Adelaide would be a good evolution for Australian tracks such as The Bend, Sydney, Philip Island, Winton, Sandown and Queensland. The cars are a good representation of what's in other TCR series but I'd also like them to add the SEAT.

TCR Europe would be a good addition with their mass of cars and things like that. Just the difference is a Peugeot instead of the Subaru and liveries of course. Since PWC is now a Blancpain Series, I doubt that would be likely as Kunos have the Blancpain license. Whether that extends to America, I don't know. But if it does, International GT Open could replace as a licensed GT3 series which has TCR Europe as a support series which might be a good link.

Of course. They're just the main ones I think are missing really. Big F1 Grade 1 tracks are possibly what's going to bring some people in and a lot of series use Paul Ricard and the Hungaoring.

Fair enough, I didn't choose Charlotte over Vegas because of the Road Course. It was more of a not wanting to send IndyCars to Vegas which isn't that big for a racing game. Charlotte is one of the main NASCAR races and I remember seeing it in early builds of PCARS1.
I wonder if anything has change, as VASC are partnered with iRacing for the new ESports events. The race schedule show global tracks. Not all the VASC locations. I'd have thought iRacing would have all the VASC tracks(shoot, they even have the old Oran Park circuit in the schedule).

Also, Codemasters looks to have an FG X II Falcon and ZB Commodore, in GRID '19. That game doesn't look to have all VASC tracks either(I'm not sure about future DLC).

I'd think some international tracks, in addition to Bathurst, such as Adelaide, Albert Park and Phillip Island, would make great additions to the Project Cars franchise.

Last edited:
@IanBell

Thank you for taking your time to checkout this community of car sim/games fans...

We truly wish you success and we only want the best from you...

Our criticisms here are meant to be constructive so that it may be a win-win-win situations...

In this light... What else can you please tell us so that we may be even more excited and eager to get our hands on your third PC installment?!

PS4 compatible I hope.... You will open yourself to a bigger fan base...

I hate to break it to you but there is 0 chance Project CARS Revolution comes out for current gen systems ;)

Better start saving for that next gen system 👍

Valid point here. We've never ever nailed controller input properly. We have now. The guys we got onboard from Evolution studios/Codemasters have been instrumental in getting this area nailed. Nailed to perfection in my pessimistic opinion :)
Sounds very promising. That has been my biggest gripe with both pCARS 1 & 2. (although it was much better the second time around).

I hope the are serious about the fun factor. They has been lacking in previous titles. If they let us build our cars like in nfs shift with the current physics that would be awesome

I hope the are serious about the fun factor. They has been lacking in previous titles. If they let us build our cars like in nfs shift with the current physics that would be awesome
I don't know i been having alot of fun driving the p1 gtr and still am even today :bowdown: but that's just me i'm a simple person i drive the gtr and i'm happy :embarrassed::)

PC1 was a fun experiment with some good sound, lighting and tracks. PC2 let down that whole future formula by making it feel incredibly "samey" and then UTTERLY BORING beyond believe, with no sense of progression, nothing to do other than race on tracks in a sandbox style mode, worse sound in some cases (better in others), no proper career mode, worst of all, no upgrading vehicles or visual upgrades it felt again like a complete waste. But what do i know, everyone loved it, right...?

I just want another Need for Speed: Shift. Shift 2 Unleashed was fantastic, imagine that with the current physics? I'd dig another game that detailed with it's car building up and many more racing disciplines.

PC1 was a fun experiment with some good sound, lighting and tracks. PC2 let down that whole future formula by making it feel incredibly "samey" and then UTTERLY BORING beyond believe, with no sense of progression, nothing to do other than race on tracks in a sandbox style mode, worse sound in some cases (better in others), no proper career mode, worst of all, no upgrading vehicles or visual upgrades it felt again like a complete waste. But what do i know, everyone loved it, right...?

I just want another Need for Speed: Shift. Shift 2 Unleashed was fantastic, imagine that with the current physics? I'd dig another game that detailed with it's car building up and many more racing disciplines.

Couldn't agree less.

Couldn't agree less.

To each their own I guess but to me they really were boring games, PC2 car list was also super safe, barely anything different or fun bar a few cars.

Whatever bell is on about, the only way to restore "fun" for me is to be able to more, in more detail. A sandbox racing simulator was not what I wanted, Assetto Corsa, even though it suffers a little from the same issues as PC is just more fun in general thanks to access to mods.

Improvement in gamepad controls sounds good to me, didn't put much as much time into pCARS 2 as pCARS 1 as the gamepad feeling felt inadequate in controlling the cars.

I don't think many people can afford to buy a second or third console just to play
If you're thinking of a "Madbox" only release it's been stated a little while back that the third iteration would be multi platform. So worry not. ;)
(Although on console I think it will be multi new platform)

I am 100% (or maybe the appropriate phrase to use is 200%?) behind this idea! I would love to see a return to a Shift-like career mode. I didn't play Shift 2, but even the first game has the sort of campaign mode I'm looking for.

From my perspective, linear progression and upgradable cars are a must for the next game if it is to live up to bringing "fun" back into sim racing.

Back