Project CARS Revolution is "200% Better Already" Than Project CARS 2

point is.

Industry needs:

More pepople like Bell. Reason?, I will fail him for not saying It's just his balls. But I won't fail him never again. It's of course that, but the bravery too of running a business. I already feel I have just said why we racing fans need an Ian Bell. That's it. People whio push forward, because they are alive. Props Mr. Bell always, seriously.

The next should be someone like Aris, form ssetto corsa. Aris I'm sure is one of the brightest /more open minds in the sim game creation/development. And know you get it. That guy gotta be the most intelligentm, smart, sentient guy in what it comes to physcis recreation. And yes this is the negative, but of course the positive. too. He's supposed to be the one mastermind at applying equations and mathematical stuff at the simulationl BUt mean this is the kicker I just dont get the hang of it. I know te should be the one and the only, but I still prefewr Project Cars 2 physics in most ot the clsses. That would it all, in this sate of mine. I should oprefer Aris model because of the mathematical approach, but I still prefer Bell's warcry at tyres. Man street cars rock in pc2.Period. Aris, yours..., just some of tyhem. Why?

And then there would be raveroom. I lov4 its simplistic almost non existent tyre model but the game still feels good right?, of course i'm not even menaning anything towards the €€€. Racerrom is good right. Yeah that's it i hate ac/acc tyre model, when Mr Aris is behind of that. Why do I hate It and always return to PC2?

I hope this is the ultimate peace united sim community.

Just remeber. Even GT spot is good.

Bell I'm sure you're gonna rovk it man.

Lookking forward best sales ever.

We need more people like you and Aris and MrBell. That is the truth

A bit of trivia for you. Ian and Aris once worked on the same game. The original GTR. Ian was head of studio and Aris was beta tester. listed as Aris "Human force-feedback (tm)" Vasilakos in game credits.

Aris has good leadership skills too. I worked with him for years on the Power & Glory mod for GTR2. And incredibly hard working on what was a spare time hobby. Pleased its paid off for him.

I can't give you real light sorry. We're shipping this on computers... Aside from that I think you'll be happy :)

@IanBell
I hope that these features will be in the game :cheers:
(I sadly remember the promises of the driver_swap, a very good AI, a very good FFB, a big change on gamepad, etc. i'm too realistic sorry)

In order to check all these features, do you expect access in beta (by steam or more likely epic (more interesting economically)? maybe do as ACC who took advantage of the studio in terms of money by offering a small price at the start of the beta.

The other aspect is the Esport, what do you expect as infrastructure and as championship ? maybe a new partner to have a solid infrastructure? we know that the current servers are creating disconnections.

Maybe CODEMASTERS (no !) and EPIC will be focus with your plan. :)

Last edited:
A bit of trivia for you. Ian and Aris once worked on the same game. The original GTR. Ian was head of studio and Aris was beta tester. listed as Aris "Human force-feedback (tm)" Vasilakos in game credits.

Aris has good leadership skills too. I worked with him for years on the Power & Glory mod for GTR2. And incredibly hard working on what was a spare time hobby. Pleased its paid off for him.

I can confirm that Aris is one of life's great people. Met him in the flesh only the once at Imola a long time ago but yes we worked together in the early days and a more solid decent skilled guy you could not meet.

No its not out yet. Corsa has the placebo factor set pretty high ;)

No doubt when it does come out, ACC will be 500% improved.

Correct 1.07 big update coming in "weeks" the AI have been kept on 1 point model.

Getting off topic and I hope we'll see some screenshots or a proper trailer for Revolution soon.

Had a heart pounding race last night @spa in a random PC2 lobby.

I had Project Cars and PC2 before any of the others because it was first to PS4. I thought its was fine until I tried the others. rFactor wasn't terrible but I didn't play it for long. Assetto Corsa was OK, but was a little too active with the road feedback, and had a weird understeer feedback. The physics were good, but I'd call them a little exaggerated. PC2's FFB is just very vague, but most of all, I don't like the slip indication (its onset is too quick and abrupt). I have noticed that the more I play it, the more I just accepted it, but as soon as I get on GT Sport I again realize how far behind in communication PC2 is. The FFB on GT Sport is clear, communicative, and very direct. No muddy road feedback like the other two. GT Sport may give you a little too clear of a feedback signal as the road feedback may be a filtered too much, but that's not all bad. GT Sport's physics are very predictable and do everything I expect, but I would say AC and PC2 have a little more advanced physics model even if I prefer GT Sport's.

Are you using a wheel? Gt sport might play better with a pad

I can confirm that Aris is one of life's great people. Met him in the flesh only the once at Imola a long time ago but yes we worked together in the early days and a more solid decent skilled guy you could not meet.
Yet with those maths ac tyre model continues to be pretty terrible imo, and the no lift-oversteer thingy so iconic to that game too is a deal breaker.

Mighty Aris and the Great Stephano continue to mistake artificial difficulty for simulation, unless the thing is they conitnue going down that road to keep many sim users form the past who still remain hooked to that simulation=very hard fallacy. Perhaps they don't want to lose that part of the already very niche market scene.

And things didn't unwrapped as expected with acc as well. Physics are soo much better than those of ac1 and the representation of the electronic aids such as traction control is unlike anything seen before, yet that terrible power understeer effect combined with AC® phylosophy of tyres load passed some point =you're insta dead continue to put me off that franchise.

I didn't know you both worked together once. Enriching experience for granted.

Are you using a wheel? Gt sport might play better with a pad

I'm on a Fanatec CSL, both games work fine, I just prefer the feedback from GT Sport. After that post I went back and revisited the FFB settings and got it a little better, but its still a little disjointed on P-Cars.

It has the potential to be 200% better @IanBell and 1000% up on the fun factor if you include Legends! Ian undoubtedly knows this, but for anyone less knowledgable - Legends is a series run in virtually every country of the world on road circuits and ovals for enclosed single seat cars which are clad in 5/8ths scale replicas of 1930's American car bodies (a choice of 4 bodies I think). The series have been running for over 25 years. The cars are powered by Yamaha motorcycle engines which provide more power than traction so driver skill shines through. Great motorsport for drivers and spectators alike - and it could make for even funner gaming!

Watch this clip! NB this car has a 4 cylinder - the latest cars use a 3 cylinder Yamaha FZ09 motor.

It has the potential to be 200% better @IanBell and 1000% up on the fun factor if you include Legends! Ian undoubtedly knows this, but for anyone less knowledgable - Legends is a series run in virtually every country of the world on road circuits and ovals for enclosed single seat cars which are clad in 5/8ths scale replicas of 1930's American car bodies (a choice of 4 bodies I think). The series have been running for over 25 years. The cars are powered by Yamaha motorcycle engines which provide more power than traction so driver skill shines through. Great motorsport for drivers and spectators alike - and it could make for even funner gaming!

Watch this clip! NB this car has a 4 cylinder - the latest cars use a 3 cylinder Yamaha FZ09 motor.

We have a Legends series in the UK as well. It's more road course based here though. I'd love to see these things come in.

We also have Legends here in Denmark. They are crazy good fun to watch - and yes - include those and the fun factor would go by a reasonable factor ( : And judging from real life - the griefers would have to go somewhere else as it as often as not ends in chaos anyway :D

I had a chat with a young(ish) Legends racer recently - he was switching to legends after years of karting and a couple of seasons of Ginetta Junior racing - he said the car was very challenging to drive and the high power to weight ratio compared to his Ginetta was forcing him improve his throttle control.

I find it interesting that in the USA the Legends seem to be mainly raced by youngsters, whereas in the UK they are mostly driven by older guys. In the UK youngsters seem to go into Ginetta Junior or Formula 4 after karting.

I would definitely like to see the game tackling more low to medium power series - at the moment we have Ginetta Junior, Formula Rookie and Renault Clio. A Caterham race series (or Formula Locost) plus perhaps a Mazda MX5 series would ramp up the fun factor!

Below - Formula Locost (looks similar to Caterham, but a much cheaper series)

@Wolfe

I think I've sorted the input lag issue. I've discovered that having low steering sensitivity actually makes the car worse instead of better. I was running it at 7 but the game said that 50 would provide 1:1 movement essentially. I did that but that didn't really change much UNTIL I touched the steering rack. Turns out my steering rack settings were over reacting to my input causing the car to become unstable. I dialed it back from 9:5:1 to 12:5:1 in the Mercedes AMG GT GT3 and it was a revelation. I drove the car in a COMPLETELY different way to what I was used to - steering is no longer an issue and throttle control seems to be my biggest concern now:lol: Which is good, because I can control the power really easily. The car had a hint of understeer similar to GT Sport, but it wasn't ridiculous. I've also adjusted the speed sensitivity from 90 to 80.

@Wolfe

I think I've sorted the input lag issue. I've discovered that having low steering sensitivity actually makes the car worse instead of better. I was running it at 7 but the game said that 50 would provide 1:1 movement essentially. I did that but that didn't really change much UNTIL I touched the steering rack. Turns out my steering rack settings were over reacting to my input causing the car to become unstable. I dialed it back from 9:5:1 to 12:5:1 in the Mercedes AMG GT GT3 and it was a revelation. I drove the car in a COMPLETELY different way to what I was used to - steering is no longer an issue and throttle control seems to be my biggest concern now:lol: Which is good, because I can control the power really easily. The car had a hint of understeer similar to GT Sport, but it wasn't ridiculous. I've also adjusted the speed sensitivity from 90 to 80.
Turn controller damping down to 0, trust me.

It's not as bad as you might think, gives you 1:1 with control, flick through chicanes & recover slides.

Might be a little sensitive at 1st but once you've got used to it you won't go back.

Not that much into PC2, but it always feels like those 200 percent would be nothing but finished game. Like if you want to make a career mode, you do AI plays on equal rules, or if you make tuning, than I think all options should be available to change, etc. In case of PC2 unfinished assets count just a very big list. Or, otherwise, to set up this 200 percent of fun you need spent 200 minutes at least.

Unfortunately been caught into that SMS traps three times already. Here we go again...

Last edited:
Not that much into PC2, but it always feels like those 200 percent would be nothing but finished game. Like if you want to make a career mode, you do AI plays on equal rules, or if you make tuning, than I think all options should be available to change, etc. In case of PC2 unfinished assets count just a very big list.
Tuning options aren't locked out because those cars are somehow unfinished. SMS chose to only allow tuning options that are realistically plausible for each car, for the sake of authenticity. Not the choice I would make if I was in charge, perhaps, but that's what it is.

Online lobbies largely consist of GT3 races. Why? Because they behave and allow for the best races.

They are very popular, but they are also up to date and very numerous. Perhaps there is a lack of knowledge of motorsport history or maybe just a lack of interest amongst many players in anything other than GT3 - hence also why there is now a game such as ACC.

I think these people are missing out - GT1 and Group C are more enjoyable to race than GT3 - as are GT4 and GTE, but those latter two don't have sufficient numbers of car models (hopefully corrected in the next game).

But road cars races are basically non-existent. Here's to hoping the road car list expands and emphasis directed at their handling.

I don't have a problem with the handling of the road cars, but I don't normally race them because they don't have race numbers and therefore for me, don't produce an immersive and realistic race.

They are very popular, but they are also up to date and very numerous. Perhaps there is a lack of knowledge of motorsport history or maybe just a lack of interest amongst many players in anything other than GT3 - hence also why there is now a game such as ACC.

I think these people are missing out - GT1 and Group C are more enjoyable to race than GT3 - as are GT4 and GTE, but those latter two don't have sufficient numbers of car models (hopefully corrected in the next game).

I don't have a problem with the handling of the road cars, but I don't normally race them because they don't have race numbers and therefore for me, don't produce an immersive and realistic race.
Yeah a number on a car makes them more immersive and realistic. Please.:cheers::gtpflag:

The other aspect is the Esport, what do you expect as infrastructure and as championship ? maybe a new partner to have a solid infrastructure? we know that the current servers are creating disconnections.
Infrastructure? Don't think there is much in terms of how PC2 runs today. PC2 on console is peer to peer only and on PC you can create your own dedicated server or also run peer to peer.

The game is however without doubt the worst I've ever played on PS4 in terms of disconnects.

peer only and on PC you can create your own dedicated server
Which has from host migration too. I mean come on don't call that dedis. This is somethign I hope It's been finally dealt with in pcr, as It also happened in pc1, although It was rare for it to trigger.

Poject Cars Revolution might be 200% better, but still haven't seen anything. I mean when does the usual flow of cool gameplay videos begin. Growing impatient already

Which has from host migration too. I mean come on don't call that dedis. This is somethign I hope It's been finally dealt with in pcr, as It also happened in pc1, although It was rare for it to trigger.

Poject Cars Revolution might be 200% better, but still haven't seen anything. I mean when does the usual flow of cool gameplay videos begin. Growing impatient already

Its only 8 months into development. Given PC2 took over 2 years to develop and by common consent wasn't particularly polished on release, I don't think PC3/R release is any time soon. Hence we are unlikely to see gameplay videos. Hell, we are still waiting for official news on the Fast & Furious title and work on that started before PC2 was released.

They coming then saying it's better than pc2 for then not showing anything does butthurt. Well ok let's wait more, but next time please do it prior to soon release of material. Don't be that cruel. A lot of people out there like project cars, let alone aorund those circles where the game gets dismissed one way or another. Believe in yourselves

One thing I'd really like in the next installment is more information in general.
You have a nice selection of vintage race cars. Put a description of the cars for us to read and learn from. Put some track information in there. When it was built and what classes the track holds maybe.
Also more statistics after a race is done. In PC2, when a race is done. It's DONE. I want to see some numbers, some charts, some graphs even in custon races.

One thing I'd really like in the next installment is more information in general.
You have a nice selection of vintage race cars. Put a description of the cars for us to read and learn from. Put some track information in there. When it was built and what classes the track holds maybe.
Also more statistics after a race is done. In PC2, when a race is done. It's DONE. I want to see some numbers, some charts, some graphs even in custon races.
This would be really interesting. Even the modern cars as well. I'd like to see what notable things that car has done.

Agreed on more statistics too. Like an extra tab for personal statistics. Things like distance traveled, off track events, total pit time, fuel usage per lap would be great. And seeing the statistics for each track would be great. I can see how far I've traveled at some tracks. But some personal leaderboards too maybe including car/track layout combinations too.

Latest Posts

Back