Project CARS track list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 828 comments
Is Azure Circuit exactly as it is in real life? And if so, as of when? I know Sakitto is not exactly like Suzuka. Just wanna know if I'm racing the real track or not, thanks.

Yes, since it is all public roads they could replicate it correctly (possible inaccurancies left aside). They only couldnt use the name because of licensing.

Is Azure Circuit exactly as it is in real life? And if so, as of when? I know Sakitto is not exactly like Suzuka. Just wanna know if I'm racing the real track or not, thanks.
Azure Circuit is very accurate to the real life Monaco GP circuit, as of 2014 I believe. As of 2015, the apex at Tabac has been tightened, while the second half of the Swimming pool chicanes has been made more open (the wall on the right side of the second right/left has been moved back away from the apex). Other than than, it's accurate. Watch a real life onboard lap to confirm this.

Sakito, on the other hand, is less than 1/2 accurate to real life Suzuka. More than 1/2 of Sakito is fantasy. Turns 1 and 2 are fairly accurate, Dunlop Curve is pretty close, Degna 1 & 2 are pretty close, and Spoon Curve is pretty close as well. 130R is less accurate, but still gives a similar feel. The rest is completely made up.

Azure Circuit is very accurate to the real life Monaco GP circuit, as of 2014 I believe. As of 2015, the apex at Tabac has been tightened, while the second half of the Swimming pool chicanes has been made more open (the wall on the right side of the second right/left has been moved back away from the apex). Other than than, it's accurate. Watch a real life onboard lap to confirm this.

Sakito, on the other hand, is less than 1/2 accurate to real life Suzuka. More than 1/2 of Sakito is fantasy. Turns 1 and 2 are fairly accurate, Dunlop Curve is pretty close, Degna 1 & 2 are pretty close, and Spoon Curve is pretty close as well. 130R is less accurate, but still gives a similar feel. The rest is completely made up.

There isn't enough camber and elevation for Sakitto to remotely replicate Suzuka, birds eye view maybe, but that's it,

Azure Circuit still has the issue of the proper pit exit giving corner cutting penalties, so it's not 100% accurate, but is better than any other version of Monaco I've seen on console.

There isn't enough camber and elevation for Sakitto to remotely replicate Suzuka, birds eye view maybe, but that's it,
??? Huh? Not sure what you're getting at?

There are parts of Sakitto which are very accurate to Suzuka. That's what Sakitto was originally going to be before licensing issues.

Like I said, Dunlop, Degna 1&2, and Spoon are all quite accurately replicated in the game. Turns 1&2 are lacking in camber, I'll give you that. The rest of the track is fantasy.

Silverstone Classic is such a good circuit. A shame it can only run 18 cars. Tons of fun racing GroupA and the Sauber C9.

I think my favourite aspect of the track list is the variety of era - there's all the modern tracks for the modern cars, but then between the Nordeschlief, classic Hockenheim, Classic Silverstone, Bannochbrae, Brands Hatch, Donnington, Oulton, Bathurst, Watkins Glen, Leguna Seca, Road America, and my favourite Rouen Les Essarts, there's enough tracks which don't feel ultra modern, so cars like Group A, Group 5, Historic TC2, etc. feel right at home. Of course, it's fun to mix and match as well, but I like being OCD too :P

One thing I do wish is that we could have a version of Oulton Park without the chicanes - it's in the game, all they have to do is move a couple barriers. Same thing with the MotoGP layout for Catalunya. Those are both easily missed opportunities.

I was watching F3 from Pau last night, and would absolutely love to see a street circuit like that, or maybe Montejuic in pCARS too, as well as an American street circuit like maybe Longbeach, Toronto, or St Pete.

Would also love to see the newly expanded Redbull Ring :)

Is not Donnington National, the best track? :D

No matter what other tracks I use, Donnington has awesome replay cameras, the lap is quick yet, long enough to get some good bumper to bumper racing. I love the rhythm I have to maintain for the flow of the track. It's technical and fun. Maybe it's the ToCA memories.

All the tracks and point to point roads are great. Donington is the stand out circuit to me, like Lime Rock or Tsukuba.

I'm getting used to Ruapuna, using the Falcon(seems like the closest in style to Winton this weekend).

I agree with using the vintage cars for vintage circuits. Love it.

Is not Donnington National, the best track? :D

No matter what other tracks I use, Donnington has awesome replay cameras, the lap is quick yet, long enough to get some good bumper to bumper racing. I love the rhythm I have to maintain for the flow of the track. It's technical and fun. Maybe it's the ToCA memories.

All the tracks and point to point roads are great. Donington is the stand out circuit to me, like Lime Rock or Tsukuba.

I'm getting used to Ruapuna, using the Falcon(seems like the closest in style to Winton this weekend).

I agree with using the vintage cars for vintage circuits. Love it.

From a driver´s POV, Ruapuna is a dangerous race track.

I wish there was a Indianapolis Road Road course circuit like the ones in gran turismo gt5/gt6.

What's the customization and tuning going to be like in this game. And could we set up cars for drag racing?

The new layout is much better. A very tight curve has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back