Project CARS track list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 828 comments
I've been having a look around and seen that all planned DLC tracks bar Macau have a video. Is there a reason as to why they're not in the game. By the way, they aren't fully finished in these videos as it was very early in game.

I also said afterwards that these were very early versions in the game and most of the videos didn't use the HUD used currently which definitely meant there was time to improve them. There has to be another reason for it.

I also said afterwards that these were very early versions in the game and most of the videos didn't use the HUD used currently which definitely meant there was time to improve them. There has to be another reason for it.
Have you seen updated videos with them finished ?

I've been having a look around and seen that all planned DLC tracks bar Macau have a video. Is there a reason as to why they're not in the game. By the way, they aren't fully finished in these videos as it was very early in game.

Yep, they were always intended to be released as DLC. Early versions were made available to Beta testers but it was an SMS decision to not release them with the launch of the game. Some were very close to complete, others were ribbons of tarmac in a big blue sky. From the earliest days, SMS stated what cars/tracks would be available with the release, and what would come down the line as DLC.

While doing the early builds, SMS obviously wanted the input of the beta testers. If I recall all of the DLC stuff was removed from the early access game a couple of weeks before the actual release. I'm sure most of the DLC cars and tracks are done or nearly there by now --- but obviously SMS has a set DLC schedule they'll be keeping to.

I am disappointed that Macau is still not in. It's my most wanted track in any racing game. I have a feeling they will never do it.

I posted a big pleading thread on the early access forum begging for something like Targa Newfoundland. A road-rally based among fishing villages along the coast of a Canadian island chain. Would have been pretty fun. I'd have liked to see them offer a few more point to point tracks and offer a road-rally as an option for game play. Wouldn't take much.

Run a few tracks, combine the times to determine the winner. It wouldn't be a proper rally obviously, but a different challenge.

Every point to point track the size of Azure Coast or Cali Highway (which would be comically short for such a rally) costs 3 times more to make than your average circuit. So dont hold your breath.

Sort of a random question, but does anyone know why they chose to add Ruapuna Park instead of say Hampton Downs or Mansfield? Or Sydney Motorsport Park or Philip Island for that matter? Why Ruapuna?

I don't hate the track...it just seems like such an odd choice considering what else Auz and NZ have to offer.

Ruapuna was selected because someone on the original Beta forums knew the owner of the track and made it easy to get the license and roll on w/ minimal fuss.

Its a nice track, a little simple and short, but its better then 60% of the British roster,

Ruapuna was selected because someone on the original Beta forums knew the owner of the track and made it easy to get the license and roll on w/ minimal fuss.
Ahh that makes sense. Can't say no to easy access :)
Its a nice track, a little simple and short, but its better then 60% of the British roster,
Better than 60% of the British roster in the game? I would have to strongly strongly disagree with you there.

Silverstone
Brands Hatch
Donnington
Cadwell Park
Oulton Park
Snetterton

I guess I could understand someone preferring Ruapuna over Snetterton...but in my eyes, Ruapuna isn't even in the same league as those other circuits I listed.

It's better than Stowe, I'll give you that.

Ahh that makes sense. Can't say no to easy access :)

Better than 60% of the British roster in the game? I would have to strongly strongly disagree with you there.

Silverstone
Brands Hatch
Donnington
Cadwell Park
Oulton Park
Snetterton

I guess I could understand someone preferring Ruapuna over Snetterton...but in my eyes, Ruapuna isn't even in the same league as those other circuits I listed.

It's better than Stowe, I'll give you that.

It may not be the same league because it doesn't have a history, but Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Donnington have been milked to death by every other game maker, which for me makes that circuit boring in a game,

But at the same time I don't get the obsession with the tracks listed above, especially Silverstone, there's at least three tracks I can think of in the UK I would rather race on, Knockhill, Thruxton and Croft,

Out of the UK tracks I tend to just race Donnington and Oulton. Great circuits. Snetterton is also pretty good. I'd like to see some more US tracks, as the Glen and RA are both excellent. Some Sebring or Road Atlanta would be nice, and probably several others I don't even know.

It may not be the same league because it doesn't have a history, but Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Donnington have been milked to death by every other game maker, which for me makes that circuit boring in a game,
For me it's not the history, it's purely the ribbon of Tarmac and the challenge, and subsequent reward, which sets tracks like Silverstone, Donnington, and Brands Hatch apart from a track like Ruapuna. Variety of corners, elevation change, blind apexes...Ruapuna doesn't present the same challenge to me.

But at the same time I don't get the obsession with the tracks listed above, especially Silverstone, there's at least three tracks I can think of in the UK I would rather race on, Knockhill, Thruxton and Croft,
It depends what kind of cars you're talking about. I too like Knockhill, Thruxton, and Croft...but I not in Formula cars, LMPs, or even GT3s.

Silverstone, although rather flat, has a variety of corners not seen on most racetracks around the world. The layout also produces some fantastic wheel to wheel racing due to the passing opportunities and multiple lines through various sections.

This is the tack list in Toca 3. I think Project Cars did come close with the Varity of tracks, but I would much rather have all of these tracks, maybe in the future some developer will replicate Toca 3.
It just amazes me that the PS2 still owns the best racing sim ever.

The full list, so you can have a look for your favourites:

Australia
  • Mount Panorama V8 circuit (Bathurst)
  • Barbagallo - Long, V8 and Short circuits
  • Eastern Creek - Grand Prix, V8, Short and Southern Loops circuits
  • Queensland Grand Prix circuit
  • Oran Park - Grand Prix, South and North circuits
  • Sandown Park V8 circuit
  • Gold Coast Indy 300 Grand Prix circuit
  • Symmons Plains Raceway V8 circuit
  • Philip Island Grand Prix circuit
  • Hidden Valley Raceway
  • Adelaide Street circuit
Bahrain
  • Bahrain - Grand Prix, Internal, and External circuits
Belgium
  • Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix circuit
China
  • Shanghai Grand Prix Circuit
Czech Republic
  • Brunn - Brno Grand Prix Circuit
Germany
  • Hockenheim - Grand Prix, National and Short circuits
  • Lausitzring EuroSpeedway - Grand Prix circuit
  • Norisring - Grand Prix circuit
  • Nurburgring - Short circuit
  • Motopark Oschersleben - Grand Prix, 'B' and 'C' circuits
Ireland
  • Mondello Park - International, National and Short circuits
Netherlands
  • Zandvoort - Grand Prix, National, Club and Oostelijk circuits
New Zealand
  • Pukekohe Park Raceway
Turkey
  • Istanbul Park Circuit
United Kingdom
  • Donnington Park - Grand Prix and National circuits
  • Oulton Park - International, Island and Foster circuits
  • Silverstone - Grand Prix, International, National, and South circuits
  • Brands Hatch - Grand Prix and Short Indy circuits, plus Rally Cross track
  • Bedford Autodrome - GT, North, East, South and West circuits
  • Snetterton
  • Castle Coombe
United States of America
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway Oval
  • Nashville Super Speedway
  • Dover International Raceway
  • Gateway International Raceway
  • Gateway International Raceway Road course
  • Laguna Seca Grand Prix circuit
Plus: Original circuits designed exclusively for the game
  • 3 UK Rally courses
  • 3 International Rallycross courses
  • 2 Go Kart circuits
  • 5 National Dirt Raceway circuits

This is the tack list in Toca 3. I think Project Cars did come close with the Varity of tracks, but I would much rather have all of these tracks, maybe in the future some developer will replicate Toca 3.
It just amazes me that the PS2 still owns the best racing sim ever.

The full list, so you can have a look for your favourites:

Australia
  • Mount Panorama V8 circuit (Bathurst)
  • Barbagallo - Long, V8 and Short circuits
  • Eastern Creek - Grand Prix, V8, Short and Southern Loops circuits
  • Queensland Grand Prix circuit
  • Oran Park - Grand Prix, South and North circuits
  • Sandown Park V8 circuit
  • Gold Coast Indy 300 Grand Prix circuit
  • Symmons Plains Raceway V8 circuit
  • Philip Island Grand Prix circuit
  • Hidden Valley Raceway
  • Adelaide Street circuit
Bahrain
  • Bahrain - Grand Prix, Internal, and External circuits
Belgium
  • Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix circuit
China
  • Shanghai Grand Prix Circuit
Czech Republic
  • Brunn - Brno Grand Prix Circuit
Germany
  • Hockenheim - Grand Prix, National and Short circuits
  • Lausitzring EuroSpeedway - Grand Prix circuit
  • Norisring - Grand Prix circuit
  • Nurburgring - Short circuit
  • Motopark Oschersleben - Grand Prix, 'B' and 'C' circuits
Ireland
  • Mondello Park - International, National and Short circuits
Netherlands
  • Zandvoort - Grand Prix, National, Club and Oostelijk circuits
New Zealand
  • Pukekohe Park Raceway
Turkey
  • Istanbul Park Circuit
United Kingdom
  • Donnington Park - Grand Prix and National circuits
  • Oulton Park - International, Island and Foster circuits
  • Silverstone - Grand Prix, International, National, and South circuits
  • Brands Hatch - Grand Prix and Short Indy circuits, plus Rally Cross track
  • Bedford Autodrome - GT, North, East, South and West circuits
  • Snetterton
  • Castle Coombe
United States of America
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway Oval
  • Nashville Super Speedway
  • Dover International Raceway
  • Gateway International Raceway
  • Gateway International Raceway Road course
  • Laguna Seca Grand Prix circuit
Plus: Original circuits designed exclusively for the game
  • 3 UK Rally courses
  • 3 International Rallycross courses
  • 2 Go Kart circuits
  • 5 National Dirt Raceway circuits

I loved that game. I'm still pissed that Codies replaced the amazing race driver series with Grid. Seeing Codies moving their games (F1 and Dirt) into a more realistic direction gives me hope that they may revive the old race driver series.

The V8 Supercars were great, and you could do a big season of V8s with all of those Aussie circuits. You could even do the full Bathurst 1000. Custom championships were also fully implemented in that game.

What saddened me with the Race Driver series was that each time they built a game, Winton motor raceway wasn't on the V8 calendar, its a challenging little circuit,

Back