Project CARS track list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 828 comments
What saddened me with the Race Driver series was that each time they built a game, Winton motor raceway wasn't on the V8 calendar, its a challenging little circuit,
I've always love the Australian circuits more then any others in the world, my favorite was Phillip Island. Had such good races at that track.
One of my favorite movies is LOVE THE BEAST, and I think Phillip Island is one of the first tracks they show.

What saddened me with the Race Driver series was that each time they built a game, Winton motor raceway wasn't on the V8 calendar, its a challenging little circuit,

Agree, but what's really sad is that if they made another game, they wouldn't have Oran Park. That was an amazing circuit, one of the best on the old V8 Supercars games. I can't believe they ripped it up and replaced it with houses :(

I've always love the Australian circuits more then any others in the world, my favorite was Phillip Island. Had such good races at that track.
One of my favorite movies is LOVE THE BEAST, and I think Phillip Island is one of the first tracks they show.

Love the Beast is a cool flick. It's also one of the few things to help put Tasmania on the map. I'm a proud Tasmanian, we have some of the best driving roads in the world down here. We basically only have one highway that goes around the state and past the main cities, and the rest of the roads are crazy windy roads that follow the mountainous terrain.

My car (Group A Celica in my avatar) competed in Targa Tasmania back in the 90's. It obviously came out of it a bit better than Eric Bana's Falcon lol.

Agree, but what's really sad is that if they made another game, they wouldn't have Oran Park. That was an amazing circuit, one of the best on the old V8 Supercars games. I can't believe they ripped it up and replaced it with houses :(

Love the Beast is a cool flick. It's also one of the few things to help put Tasmania on the map. I'm a proud Tasmanian, we have some of the best driving roads in the world down here. We basically only have one highway that goes around the state and past the main cities, and the rest of the roads are crazy windy roads that follow the mountainous terrain.

My car (Group A Celica in my avatar) competed in Targa Tasmania back in the 90's. It obviously came out of it a bit better than Eric Bana's Falcon lol.
Hey don't worry, there's also the mighty fine death metal band from Tasmania, Psycroptic. Check em out!

Hey don't worry, there's also the mighty fine death metal band from Tasmania, Psycroptic. Check em out!

Ah, a fellow metal head! I have most of Psycroptic's albums mate 👍, been listening to them since before they got big. A friend of mine knows their first lead singer Chalky. Did you know their first album, "The Isle of Disenchantment", was funded entirely by a tiny Tasmanian state government arts grant? It was mixed on archaic hardware, and somehow turned out really clear and quite professional sounding.

I saw them live once back when I used to live in Hobart. They did a small pub gig back then, these days they play enormous gigs worldwide, so I doubt I'll ever see them that close up again lol.

Hard to believe it's been 15 years since I first heard Psycroptic :eek: I feel old now!

Ah, a fellow metal head! I have most of Psycroptic's albums mate 👍, been listening to them since before they got big. A friend of mine knows their first lead singer Chalky. Did you know their first album, "The Isle of Disenchantment", was funded entirely by a tiny Tasmanian state government arts grant? It was mixed on archaic hardware, and somehow turned out really clear and quite professional sounding.

I saw them live once back when I used to live in Hobart. They did a small pub gig back then, these days they play enormous gigs worldwide, so I doubt I'll ever see them that close up again lol.

Hard to believe it's been 15 years since I first heard Psycroptic :eek: I feel old now!
Nice info there! I've been listening to them since someone gave me a copy of the excellent 'The Scepter of the Ancients' soon after it came out - truly one of the best DM albums ever recorded, and Chalky's vocals are insane on that one. None of their later work is as good as 'Scepter' IMO but they are pretty consistent though.

I had the chance to see them a couple of years ago but didn't make it out for whatever reason. Good to find someone on here with similar tastes, mate \m/

Now something, something, something cars... :P

Nice info there! I've been listening to them since someone gave me a copy of the excellent 'The Scepter of the Ancients' soon after it came out - truly one of the best DM albums ever recorded, and Chalky's vocals are insane on that one. None of their later work is as good as 'Scepter' IMO but they are pretty consistent though.

I had the chance to see them a couple of years ago but didn't make it out for whatever reason. Good to find someone on here with similar tastes, mate \m/

Now something, something, something cars... :P

Scepter is a kick arse album, but I still prefer Isle, it just has a more raw round. I also like the later stuff with the singer from Born Headless, like (Ob)Servant.

But yeah, that's enough off topic I think lol. PM me if you wanna talk music, I have a very wide variety of tastes, but love metal and rock. I have over 6,500 songs on my hdd :D

The Bannochbrae track is playing a major part in me wanting to get this game again. It does two things I wish T10 could do with fantasy tracks; set it in Britain and make the roads narrow. They have an obsession with wide Tarmac, even in Horizon.

FS7
Macau & Mugello are not coming to PCars1 due to licensing issues. Indy & Daytona are possibilities.

Macau was probably the biggest selling point in me getting the first game :(

Licensing issue? Mmm... after all the BS from SMS, one can only suspect they either exhausted their budget/resources or simply can't be stuffed since they're likely saving them for PCARS2.

Licensing issue? Mmm... after all the BS from SMS, one can only suspect they either exhausted their budget/resources or simply can't be stuffed since they're likely saving them for PCARS2.
Ian says they had license issue in the forum re macau for pc1.. but may get sorted out in time for pc2 LOL....im pretty sure they are taking alot of content to pc2.. SAD SET UP, they should just release DLC and support the game like driveclub

Ian says they had license issue in the forum re macau for pc1.. but may get sorted out in time for pc2 LOL....im pretty sure they are taking alot of content to pc2.. SAD SET UP, they should just release DLC and support the game like driveclub

I think SMS upset a lot of fans like me who waited patiently delays after delays and then within just a short few months after release without addressing all the issues on current game, announced another round of Kickstarter funding for PCARS2. Enough said and excuse the pun, back on track. ;)

Last edited:
VXR
The Bannochbrae track is playing a major part in me wanting to get this game again. It does two things I wish T10 could do with fantasy tracks; set it in Britain and make the roads narrow. They have an obsession with wide Tarmac, even in Horizon.
The best Fantasy track i have played in years upon years! Easily up there with the best tracks in PGR! It's the kinda of track Driveclub should of been full of.

The best Fantasy track i have played in years upon years! Easily up there with the best tracks in PGR! It's the kinda of track Driveclub should of been full of.

Reminds me of the old ToCA game track, think that was Scottish as well. Codies are daft the most talked about and asked for game is 'another ToCA'. yet they keep on churning out F1 games yearly.

Nobody is more disappointed by the lack of Macau than me...i spent a fair bit of money and time gathering reference for the track, nowhere near as much as FLX with Solitude however (but i fully know it was my choice and i took the risks, don't take this as me complaining!)

But i'm still hopeful that one day Macau may rise and appear in PCars 2.....although again i fully accept it may never happen....we will see.

Nobody is more disappointed by the lack of Macau than me...i spent a fair bit of money and time gathering reference for the track, nowhere near as much as FLX with Solitude however (but i fully know it was my choice and i took the risks, don't take this as me complaining!)

But i'm still hopeful that one day Macau may rise and appear in PCars 2.....although again i fully accept it may never happen....we will see.

It will come to PCars 2, hasn't it been hinted at? The licencing issue is a red herring. Be funny if you put all that time and money into it for PCars 1 then they go and add it to PCars 2... lol.

It will come to PCars 2, hasn't it been hinted at? The licencing issue is a red herring. Be funny if you put all that time and money into it for PCars 1 then they go and add it to PCars 2... lol.

Not really hinted....just confirmation of some "interesting" licensing issues for PCars1....i'm just living in hope honestly, i hope it will appear at one time, and i hope they can get these issues sorted. But ultimately if it never appears there's not a lot i can do about it and so be it.

Not really hinted....just confirmation of some "interesting" licensing issues for PCars1....i'm just living in hope honestly, i hope it will appear at one time, and i hope they can get these issues sorted. But ultimately if it never appears there's not a lot i can do about it and so be it.

It most likely will appear and the reason for it not to now is due to a new game coming out, so if and when it does you can rest assured that they won't give you any credit or money for your efforts.

Reminds me of the old ToCA game track, think that was Scottish as well. Codies are daft the most talked about and asked for game is 'another ToCA'. yet they keep on churning out F1 games yearly.
ToCA 2 had the track Loch Rannoch which was amazing too. I remember taking ages to perfect the braking after the huge straight followed by the tight chicane at the little tower or wall. Classic circuit.

ToCA 2 had the track Loch Rannoch which was amazing too. I remember taking ages to perfect the braking after the huge straight followed by the tight chicane at the little tower or wall. Classic circuit.

Being a massive fan of that game (ToCA 2) IMO i'm sure its not just coincidence how similar PCars is to it. OK stop laughing at the back... I don't mean graphics / physics, obviously , but the general flavor of the grass roots Motorsport and attention to UK racing, you know before Codemasters started to go all "A'murica Y'all" on us (which in turn had an effect on Shift 2's general atmosphere funnily enough).
As soon as I drove Bannochbrae track I just thought ToCA 2.

Dude, dont believe the hype. What licensing issues should that be regarding the facts that a) Ian himself said that tracks that are 100% public roads dont need to be licensed and b) the track is in several games with a much smaller budget. What the track is, is massive amounts of work. That is the reason why it wasnt done and frankly, I doubt it will be in pcars 2 therefor. Especially with all this useless offroad crap they are planning, they just dont have enough track artists for all that stuff.

The last comment is somewhat of a general comment too. They are still so far from nailing circuit racing that they should imho focus on making that as good as it can be before putting in even more and more and moar random stuff that will all just be half baked and scratch the surface. PD at least waited until GT3 before introducing rally and GT2 was much better for its time than pcars1. Seems SMS still hasnt learned they lesson about biting off more that they can chew.

Dude, dont believe the hype. What licensing issues should that be regarding the facts that a) Ian himself said that tracks that are 100% public roads dont need to be licensed and b) the track is in several games with a much smaller budget. What the track is, is massive amounts of work. That is the reason why it wasnt done and frankly, I doubt it will be in pcars 2 therefor. Especially with all this useless offroad crap they are planning, they just dont have enough track artists for all that stuff.

The last comment is somewhat of a general comment too. They are still so far from nailing circuit racing that they should imho focus on making that as good as it can be before putting in even more and more and moar random stuff that will all just be half baked and scratch the surface. PD at least waited until GT3 before introducing rally and GT2 was much better for its time than pcars1. Seems SMS still hasnt learned they lesson about biting off more that they can chew.

You've really got it in for them haven't you, theres a whining and crying thread for this...

You've really got it in for them haven't you, theres a whining and crying thread for this...
My understanding is that FLX has solid reason to be bitter, if I understand properly if it were me you would all be reading about the real life Rambo in the SMS studio...

My understanding is that FLX has solid reason to be bitter, if I understand properly if it were me you would all be reading about the real life Rambo in the SMS studio...

Sorry yes, i know he has, he had a go at me the other day for doing what he has just done, I found it strange.

Back