Project Scorpio Forza 6 Tech Demo Runs at 4K/60FPS With Power To Spare

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 6' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 6, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

That's impressive. Power to spare.

mister dog likes this.
  3. CTstryk

CTstryk

Incredible!

4. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

So does this mean we can install Horizon 3 game with the new Scorpio console?

Or do we have to wait until Horizon 4 in 2018 to use with Scorpio?

5. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

As far as what I've read it will be able to play and upscale existing Xbox one games.

dozer76, bremics and JDMKING13 like this.
  6. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

Fantastic news!

7. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

This is very impressive, but reading this makes me even more scared about Forza 7 on Windows. They will obviously try to push the Scorpio to the max with FM7.

I can see it coming...

"GPU minimum requirement for Very Low settings: Nvidia GeForce Titan X..." :lol:

Tajima likes this.
  8. deththrasher

deththrasher

It's cool, but not incredible considering a RX 480 can easily run FM6 Apex game at 4k 60fps, which is a $180 GPU.

It's about what I expected.

Moglet and Dopplegagger like this.
  9. deththrasher

deththrasher

FM6 Apex was very well optimised tbh, It was only playground who royally screwed up their port.

I have faith in T10!

10. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Hopefully they have learned stuff from Horizon 3. I don't want to spend more money on a Scorpio that I will probably just use a few months, or computer upgrades!

11. MockngBrd

MockngBrd

What no video? BWATAHHAHAHAAGHAGAHHHH

12. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

is there going to be a Gran Turismo on the Scorpio? Cuz I don't see a point in buying it then :confused::sly:

TomBrady likes this.
  13. Luminis

Luminis

So, you're still on PS3, huh? :D

From what I know, it's still supposed to run on the regular, ol' XBOne as well. And as @deththrasher said, it's not like Apex was as bad, optimisation wise, as FH3. Probably comes with the territory of on-track vs. open world. Found a YT video of the Apex running at 4k and it's managing ~ 120 FPS or thereabouts on a Titan X. That's four times the resolution and twice the framerate I'm aiming for. Essentially, if FM7 is supposed to run at 4k/60 on anything, it can't be that hard to run it at somewhat decent settings at 1080/60 with decent-ish hardware.

That's what I like to think, at least :lol:

UKMikey, Imari, dozer76 and 3 others like this.
  14. mrPetros

mrPetros

Even more impressive is the fact that with full pc ultra settings + dynamic weather, this tech demo reaches mid80's on resources at 4k/60hz.
    And tools are still months away from final release.

haha nope!
    It can't run at ULTRA settings at a constant locked 60hz. not even gtx1070 can.

rx 480 ultra 4k video :

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    TomBrady and CTstryk like this.
  15. jm79

jm79

Pretty cool they used a driving game to show off the new console.

The genre is not dying!

Dresden, Losco, FT-1 and 1 other person like this.
  16. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Well that's fairly obvious, isn't it? Not even sure why that would need a question.

17. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

My goal is at least a solid 72fps at 1080p with High settings. It's how I run Horizon 3.

18. deththrasher

deththrasher

8x MSAA at ****ing 4k? That's ridiculous, the Scorpio demo was running 2x.

The RX 480 can do 4k 60fps at ultra on Apex at reasonable AA level, same as scorpio.

And yes a 1070 GTX can, although AMD performs better in this game.

19. mrPetros

mrPetros

Read his report. its per I say above directly above your quotation ;)
    (full pc ultra + dynamic weather (not availble on apex) = 88% resources)
    looks to be a good machine

20. deththrasher

deththrasher

Of course it's a good machine, all I was saying was it's about what I expected due to it pretty much having an RX 480 (a great card in the first place).

Really though 8x MSAA at 4k is insane so not sure why he chose that on a 480. You will always need at least a GTX 1080 to get that running good frames tbh.

21. deththrasher

deththrasher

oops double post

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  22. bremics

bremics

Stray thought, if my guess that FM7 won't have dynamic time of day because of cross play issues between Xbone and Scorpio versions, how much better would it run without having to simulate DToD and DW?

23. willbsn13

willbsn13

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-motorsport-on-project-scorpio-the-full-story

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Imari, JDMKING13 and Fat Tyre like this.
  24. KRATOS8MS

KRATOS8MS

Fat Tyre likes this.
  25. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

26. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

There's a likely reason for them not being able to show us anything other than B-roll...

27. queleuleu

queleuleu

Black magic if they can add dynamic TOD/weather on Xbox one.

mrPetros and bremics like this.
  28. bremics

bremics

I hope they manage to pull it out of their asses, only way I see dynamic TOD/Weather coming to Forza 7.

They whole "just because we are showing features possible doesn't mean they'll actually happen" seems to imply "just because we're showing dynamic TOD/Weather doesn't mean you're going to get it".

The whole backwards compatible thing didn't really bother me until I realized after they did this report that Forza 7 could easily have dynamic TOD/Weather and possibly a 32 car grid with that extra power but because of the original Xbone we'll likely get the same grid size and no dynamic TOD/Weather.

Fat Tyre, queleuleu and Dsavage27 like this.
  29. queleuleu

queleuleu

My main criticism against the Pro and now the Scorpio. Because it's not a new gen they can't add new features in order to keep the platform unity (same servers for all the Xbox players : One, S and Scorpio, same features...)

bremics likes this.
  30. Luminis

Luminis

72 FPS? That's quite specific :lol: Well, we'll see how it goes. I'll be building a new computer in early 2018 anyway, so if FM7 is gonna run my current rig into the ground, I'll be sure to come back with a vengeance :tup:
    To be fair, we wouldn't be getting any extra features if there was no Scorpio, so it's not like we're losing out. And, well... That's what playing the PC port of multi platform titles has been like since forever :lol: That said, who knows... Might be possible for T10 to sneak a few Scorpio only features into it. Y'know, might add a little incentive for XBOne owners to get the Scorpio, beyond the draw of 4k.

ImaRobot and bremics like this.