Project Sti(need FEED BACK)

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 137 comments
i use that set up on all my cars. the brakes break the rear traction so the drift initiates better, and the ride height enables you to hold it better. it is probably my drift style, plus some of the drifts have to be started with the hand brake because otherwise the car seems more like a grip racer, IMO that is balanced
Hmmm, I will try it out on the 22b and the GD8 but I want a pure drifter settings that are balanced ,its going to be hard to get since this isn't GT3.

to get the tyre set-up, pit and select the set of tyres you want and you should have them.
you must have sports/normal tyres selected to mix the the two types.

i know this is off the drifting topic, but it sounds like you guys know your stuff. so what would be the best full road race set up suspension wise?

i know this is off the drifting topic, but it sounds like you guys know your stuff. so what would be the best full road race set up suspension wise?

I don't really know that much bout tuning in Grip racing but try here and I just want to add, go with your feeling when you test drive it.

I'll give this a try now that I'm (partially) back in the saddle.. I always liked the looks of that car but it was very tight compared to the older WRX models so I just went with the coupe instead...

I did make one of these drift pretty good, I'll dig it up and see if it's anything to work with ;)

Time to hop on the band wagon.
ad for AWD, i drift audis and lancers, but i've never really tried the Sti.
I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Update:Nov. 16 2006:
with the up coming Competition, hopefully I can understand AWD with the MR

whoops sorry, totally forgot about this thread... I'll sit down with it next opportunity. (should be this weekend)

...so I finally remembered the Spec C... and man do I wish I didn't.

I found 1 cure for it: N3/N1 stagger makes it ok. Anything else is just not worth it... you can drift it with the ebrake on 50% of the time but it's just not very fun.

If you decide 2 steps of stagger is ok, then don't worry about the settings.. just keep everything default-ish and adjust the VCD to your liking. I seem to like 50/50 distribution.

I did find some settings with just the normal N2/N1 setup that were slightly BETTER, but still not good...

------------------------------------------

Springs: 10/6 (hard to say which settings I liked here, it was rubbish anyway)
Height: 100/120
Bound: 3/2
Rebound: 7/5
Camber: 2.5/2.0
Toe: whatever, doesn't seem to matter...I was hoping this could be the solution
Stabilizer: 2/5

LSD front: 25/25/10
LSD rear: 10/40/20

VCD: 50%
Ballast.. a lot, all the way back.
Brake balance: 1/20 (yea i know, I was getting angry at this point)

-----------------------------------------------

Biggest problem areas:
- Engine. It feels weak and choked like it has a tiny torqueband, even though it doesn't
- ABS?... Every AWD in GT4 has a tendency to understeer, but this one just will not kick the rear out when braking. It'll change direction quickly when e-braking, but the foot brake just makes it plow.

If you can sort out those two issues, then this car may have some potential. I wasn't able to.

I have an STI which is a decent drift..

Subaru IMPREZA coupe R STi VER. VI '99

276bhp/6500rpm
352.79 nm/4000rpm

2way LSD
fully custom susp
stage 2 turbo
brake controller
VCD controller
best of everything else.

spring 12.8/10.4
height 115/115
damper 8/8
camber 3.0/1.0
toe 0/0
stabs 5/5

brakes 2/4

tyres n2/n1

VCD 10/90

That model isn't that bad with a bit tuning but the Spec C is hard with its lowpower bandwith*in class now*

Back