Project Sti(need FEED BACK)

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 137 comments
well after reading this again i just had to test my luck. I already have car setup which you may or may not have seen in one of my videos. It seems to work pretty well but for some reason gives me a little understeer ( or oversteer, whatever one makes your front go towards the outside, i always get the two mixed up. )

anyways im going to go the route of a limited slip :yuck:. its helped me in the past trying to drift FR's ( i just cant, seriously, im an awd guy ) and i wanna see what improvements it may give me in my setup to try to help you out on the project.

well after reading this again i just had to test my luck. I already have car setup which you may or may not have seen in one of my videos. It seems to work pretty well but for some reason gives me a little understeer ( or oversteer, whatever one makes your front go towards the outside, i always get the two mixed up. )

anyways im going to go the route of a limited slip :yuck:. its helped me in the past trying to drift FR's ( i just cant, seriously, im an awd guy ) and i wanna see what improvements it may give me in my setup to try to help you out on the project.
Well, to help you on your FR problem, look at the Drifting Guide made by BL

well i looked at the guide you sent me for the limited slip and it worked out fairly well. I still haven't got the full hang of it but for now its allowing me to keep my drift going for longer and gives me a sense of control at the end of a drift instead of " come on, keep it going :scared: "

the only thing i've found thats different is that i now need a higher angle of entry to get the initial drift started. i will have to experiment with this some more later. thanks for your help though.

I tried to drift that Scooby and I think I was pretty sucsessful

Here is the video:

Ain't perfect I know but I had not so much time to practice.

I don't have my ps2 with me right know so I'll post the set later, if needed

Well my friend, you've created s great thing. An entire comunity working together to acomplish a common goal.

Dude i knew you were cool when i asked to be your friend. Oh and btw ive never drifted YOUR version of the STI but i have an older model that is ok but needs improvement, do you think these settings for the newer subaru will make it better, worse, or not do much at all?

your bud, BLITZ

hey guys have any of you drifted the '03 impreza rally car(the one you dont have to unlock.)? i did and i worked fine.long,smooth drifts.i was just wondering what the difference is between the rally car and the street car. cus the settings dont work on the normal sti.

hey guys have any of you drifted the '03 impreza rally car(the one you dont have to unlock.)? i did and i worked fine.long,smooth drifts.i was just wondering what the difference is between the rally car and the street car. cus the settings dont work on the normal sti.

Mainly, all Rally cars are going to be different than their Normal counterparts.

The main goal of drifting or at least setting up a car is to have that balance like in a normal driving car. Everything has to work together, an imbalance car is like a cheat car. You don't see D1 cars having less grip in the rear and more grip in the front, that is the challenge of settings up cars and the challenge of this community project.

The main goal of drifting or at least setting up a car is to have that balance like in a normal driving car. Everything has to work together, an imbalance car is like a cheat car. You don't see D1 cars having less grip in the rear and more grip in the front, that is the challenge of settings up cars and the challenge of this community project.

Good and obvious Point Pointed out. 👍

as for that scoody vid someone did (the most recent one), Nice angles but i knew it was staggering tires.. Good control of it though.

Back