Project Sti(need FEED BACK)

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 137 comments
i think it looks pretty good but i like how u puttin it down for us awd drifters cuz u know we need r props too

AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.
Yeah...again..its hard to read.

Powerband...I was talking about the power band with on how we need to make it go towards the rear wheels instead of all four. But the AYC might help in that department and a bit more power..but lets try to limit it to around 500hp and below.

I may give this a try later this weekend. I do racing setups that tend to drift slightly by default, as I am use to the oversteer of MR layout cars. And I hate mis matched tires.

I tend to work towards setting up the braking to allow massive oversteer from the second you get on the breaks, though I will probably dislike the amount of power this car has... to much for N tires I feel, you'll just succeed in making all 4 wheels burn out, and that will affect you ablitity to drift I think.

Last high output AWD car I setup was my 500+ HP Toyota Caldina, and before that was a nearly as powerful Celica GT-4. I actually beat the super car comp using the Caldina, so I got it to handle on its sport tires...

are your trying to make a racing drift setup? if not I dont see why this is a big deal. drifting an impreza is quite simple. ill give you my setup below. this setup may be hard for you guys, i dont really know. all i know is that you can throw it into the corner with no problem. check out my second vid if you wanna see how i drift.

1998 22b impreza 468hp ( no frikin lsd or wing, eeeww :yuck: )

- sports racing chip
- n2 tires ( on both ) id actually try n3's.
- original turbo
- racing intercooler
- racing brakes & controller ( mess with this however you like, i dont )
- racing suspension
- spring rate 3.8 / 3.1
- ride height 92 / 92
- bound 4 / 4
- rebound 6 / 6
- camber 2 / 3
- stabilizer 4 / 4
- full customize transmission
- auto 7
- triple plate clutch
- racing flywheel
- carbon driveshaft
- no aids
- variable control differential

and thats about it. pretty simple fun setup i use all the time. very easy to handle and very hard to mess up in for me anyways. hope i helped. happy drifting :)

Why don't you like the LSD? I've found I can completely change the way a car feels just by tweaking the LSD... and its pretty handy to setup.

Of course, this is more of an issue on cars that did not have an LSD stock.

are your trying to make a racing drift setup? if not I dont see why this is a big deal. drifting an impreza is quite simple. ill give you my setup below. this setup may be hard for you guys, i dont really know. all i know is that you can throw it into the corner with no problem. check out my second vid if you wanna see how i drift.

1998 22b impreza 468hp ( no frikin lsd or wing, eeeww :yuck: )

- sports racing chip
- n2 tires ( on both ) id actually try n3's.
- original turbo
- racing intercooler
- racing brakes & controller ( mess with this however you like, i dont )
- racing suspension
- spring rate 3.8 / 3.1
- ride height 92 / 92
- bound 4 / 4
- rebound 6 / 6
- camber 2 / 3
- stabilizer 4 / 4
- full customize transmission
- auto 7
- triple plate clutch
- racing flywheel
- carbon driveshaft
- no aids
- variable control differential

and thats about it. pretty simple fun setup i use all the time. very easy to handle and very hard to mess up in for me anyways. hope i helped. happy drifting :)

The problem is that its a Different STi, its a 2003 Subaru Impreza Spec C.

that setup is more or less a universal setup. i use it for all of my 4wd and even my mr cars for drifting. I just posted it as the 22b because that what i used to mess with to get the setup. just try it and see how you like it. :D

oh ya, and one more thing. you might not want to mess with the trans. the only reason i did on the 22b was because i was having a problem with the gears.

you also might want to install all 3 weight reductions. it might work better without them though. i havent tried it without weight reduction except on mr.

EDIT: i just put my setup in the subaru your talking about and im having pretty good luck with it. ill post a video later but i have to go over someones house for thanksgiving :grumpy:.

anyways, when testing my setup i found that the front likes to come back out in the middle of the drift sometimes but thats easily fixed with some ebrake, lol. my setup could use some rear downforce also.

Your setup is weird.... its good for Racing, well I got use to it a bit. But it didn't have too much oversteer.

00' subaru impreza wrx sti sportwagon.
power:456hp
parts to buy:
sport exhaust
sport chip
original turbine kit
racing intercooler
racing brakes
brake controler
original suspension
racing transmission
triple-plate clutch
racing flywheel
carbon driveshaft
limited slip 2 way

Setting:
suspension:
spring rate:7/6
ride height:100/100
camber angle:3/5
toe angle:0/-2
stabilizers;6/6

Brake balance:24/24
no driving aids
Vcd:45
ballast:40/40

what you think about mine

check out some of my videos on one of them im drifting with a 22b i dont really use AWD cars but i know how too. The thing is with an AWD if your trying to drift you cant let go of the gas you need to control the car useing the steering. Make sure you dont get too sideways with an AWD car well if your going for speed anyways. check out my videos.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=bunta19&search=Search

Do you even get what I am trying to get? A 22b is going to be different from the Impreza Spec C.

Do you even get what I am trying to get? A 22b is going to be different from the Impreza Spec C.

i recently put up those videos. After i saw this thread i tried the Spec-C for like 10 minutes and made a quick replay ill do some more stuff with it later when i have the time go check it out.

I forgot the settings i had on the replay because i tune the car and when im done i turn off my ps2.

but i tried it again today and im just messing around with the settings again and tried this. ill do some more messing around later.

exhaust-racing
racing chip-sports
n/a tuning-none
tires-F(n1)R(n1)
turbo-Original
Intercooler-racing
brakes-racing
B Controller-F(24)R(5)
Suspension-racing
spring rate-F(3.2)R(3.2)
ride Height-F(100)R(100)
Shock(bound)-F(10)R(10)
shock(rebound)-F(10)R(10)
Canber Angle-F(4.0)R(8.0)
Toe angle-F(0)R(0)
Stabilizers-F(7)R(7)
Transmission-Full
Clutch-Triple Plate
Flywheel-Racing
Driveshaft-Equip
Driving aids-(All Off)
Limited-Slip-Full
Initial Torque-F(5)R(60)
LS Acceleration-F(5)R(60)
LS Deceleration-F(5)R(5)
Variable Center Diff-Control
FW Distribution-(10)
Weight Balance
Ballast Weight-(50)
F/R Balance-(50)

check out some of my videos on one of them im drifting with a 22b i dont really use AWD cars but i know how too. The thing is with an AWD if your trying to drift you cant let go of the gas you need to control the car useing the steering. Make sure you dont get too sideways with an AWD car well if your going for speed anyways. check out my videos.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=bunta19&search=Search

Now I don't drift AWD cars pretty much ever but I thought you were supposed to do the zero countersteer thing and use the gas guide your way through the corner.

Now I don't drift AWD cars pretty much ever but I thought you were supposed to do the zero countersteer thing and use the gas guide your way through the corner.

I never saw a AWD in his videos, I may be blind

well after the big left circle you need to turn right so that means i have to counter steer.

I haven't seen your vid yet so I'm not sure if your talking about a part from it so if your saying that you need to change directions then yeah you need to countersteer to the direction you want to go but I'm pretty sure while holding a drift its a bad idea to countersteer because of AWD's massive snapback.

Damn, I wish I have a wheel but I need a car instead. Anyways,I just tried the settings and why did you slam everything? The shocks are bottoming out, what is making the car drift is the weight distribution. I am sorry but this isn't what I am looking for. I can drift it with heavy feinting but it sucks. The Sti itself is understeering.

You can't make any car perfect. I think that there is a trick or like a glitch to make some kind of extra for the Sti or other cars that has really strong understeer.

Latest Posts

Back