Prologue Expansion Data

England
England / UK
GTP_Grim_Reaper
Just had the latest addition to the series. It has downloaded a new intro video and new start up screen background. Must admit the new video looks fantastic.

Does anyone know what other things we may get with these expansion downloads?

i didn't recognise the video to be new, but i see the new startup background. surely there must be more to it than just that??

No thats just it. Its expansion data, and i assume this will continue to grow and expand as time goes on. But its just nifty bite size updates that don't do anything for the game, just enhances the front end and does cool stuff. Wouldnt suprise me to see later down the track more locations for the weather, different themes for the main menu, different calender styles etc. Things like that, option downloads. You can turn them off in the options menu or delete any on your system from the options menu under the network settings. doesnt affect gameplay nor does it affect whether you can play online or not.

i didn't recognise the video to be new, but i see the new startup background. surely there must be more to it than just that??

I think its just a test for Expansion Data. Background is an example of content to be downloaded. Thats just my guess.

Is this another one of those - I don't get to play online til it downloads the update - deals? :nervous:

The download took seconds

The new vid was two Audi's going round a mutli storey car park

Try rebooting your game and see if it comes on or try GT TV

You need to read the information text from the options menu. I remember reading that a new track might be included in the Expansion Data.

Isn't expansion data basically anything non fundamental, i.e when they update the physics, everyone must be update for online use. Not everyone needs say an optional track to race on, or a certain car, they just won't be able to access the track or whatever.

It's not video, it's graphics like the DB9 one...
They're experimenting with expansion data so i think we will have things like this more often until some major update :)

They Fixed original SPEC II intro so now it is possible to view INTRO as well :) woot
Nice R8 intro too *drools*

PS. Anyone noticed difference in INTRO. Seems bit different, I am not talking about the R8... I am talking about SPEC II intro.

They Fixed original SPEC II intro so now it is possible to view INTRO as well :) woot
Nice R8 intro too *drools*

PS. Anyone noticed difference in INTRO. Seems bit different, I am not talking about the R8... I am talking about SPEC II intro.

What difference NoxNoctis??....tell us...:)

spyrrari.

what does the new background look like? i've downloaded the expansion data and restarted the game. but haven't noticed any new backgrounds.

It's a parking garage.

Luke

i still have the old backgrounds, when i load the game it brings it to My Page. also it didn't update automatically, i went to options and checked for expansion data and downloaded it from there. then restarted but still same backgrounds. any suggestions?

i still have the old backgrounds, when i load the game it brings it to My Page. also it didn't update automatically, i went to options and checked for expansion data and downloaded it from there. then restarted but still same backgrounds. any suggestions?

Hey do you have the opening movie turned on? That might help, I have mine turned on, and the first My Page background to come up was the parking garage.

Luke

I typically have the opening movie turned off, either way, I went to the options menu, downloaded the expansion data and turned the intro movie on.

I then restarted the game, and it played the R8 intro in the parking garage, then brought up My Page with the parking garage background.

I'd assume that this perhaps only comes up after the intro movie, as it's clearly directly related to it.

I expect we'll be getting lots of little things like this, as the manufacturers pay PD huge sums of money to have their cars advertised to a captive audience, just like the XK8 in the background after the last update...

Oh and yes, I agree, Eddie Jordan.

Whilst typing this, the original intro has come back on, and it seems pretty similar to me, didn't notice any differences, despite looking for them, although as I said earlier, I don't have the intro movie on, so haven't watched it much recently...

Happy with this new thing about the Expansion Data.

Only a restart is needed, check the options & news for more details. It also says that new Demo videos could come as Expansion Data too.... maybe they are talking about Intros... I don't know if the one we've now has changed since I havent checked it deeply. Unfortunately that Audi demo video doesn't come with FX, I would like to hear the reving with the reverb of that parking. Nice backscreen for the cars now on the menu =]

Last edited:
Back