Prologue Expansion Data

Would it not be great if this carpark will become our- in game- garage?
Like when you want to change your car,you firtually fly thru this carpark,and on different levels there will be the different classes of cars??
Than you go into the car of choise,and drive it out the carpark...:crazy:

Or do i need another cup of coffee to wake up and stop dreaming...lol.

spyrrari.

That sounds like a great idea to me :D

wahhhhhh i cant see it till Monday Morning when the courier arrives with my PS3 :( please may someone be kind enough to film it and put it on here pweety pwease :)

Just booted the game up, went to get a beer from the fridge and when I got back it said download complete on the screen. Now every time I load the game, my car always appears in a parking lot!!! Can this be changed.
Yeah sure, simply go into your options and delete the expansion data.;)

@Spyrrari: I totally agree!!!💡
I would love something like that, more realism when selecting your car, driving out of the car park is really good idea....the car park could be a test track for license tests as well!!:dopey:
Although I'm not too worried if that didn't get put into GT5, in the grand scheme I am MOST INTERESTED in a much better "GT World", like driving in afternoon...goes to night time with lights on circuit and car lights on, Fine weather goes to Rain or whatever. These ideas are something I would more than love to see in GT5, I really hope PD can implement this. I say PD take your time, if it takes them longer to get this incorporated, take the time to make it happen.;)
On the whole, I like the expansion data, I think its great to have these 'mini updates'.:D
:):tup:Power to PD!!:)👍
Peace out,
OnlineGT

So this update was a glorified advert then? Oh well at least all this is paying for the free Prologue updates we keep receiving.... I still havent got the previous update yet, the one which had some Jaguar thingy..

It would be great if all future updates for this and the full GT5 were free subsidised by auto manufacturers paying PD to put their cars in game... novel way of doing it rather than charging people for car packs.

Robin

If you're talking about "the infamous big fall update" I don't think it's really fall yet :) I think that update will be released sometime after the tokyo game show, where they will probably have a big presentation of it.

guys,read this thread thru please,there are many posts to tell you how to get the expansion update working....

spyrrari.

I tried it 10+ times now and it still doens't work, and i am not a computer/PS dummy ;)

I even don't see the normal intro anymore, it's turned on in the settings :confused:

Like when you want to change your car,you firtually fly thru this carpark,and on different levels there will be the different classes of cars??

spyrrari.

I've been shouting this one in the Home forums on the sony forums for the last year! I'd love it if not only you could buzz through your garage, but you could also fully take advantage of the level of detail PD has created: pop the hood, get in the driver's seat and take a look around, etc. What would be awesome about Home integration is that it could be an actual garage attached to your place, and we could potentially invite each other over to check out our new cars. Maybe even let each other take them for a test drive. The possibilities are endless.

spyrrari.

I dig that idea. BTW, is your handle in reference to the Stepneygate saga that took place last season in F1?

little things like these make me proud to be a GT Fan haha ooo that made me cream my pants! lmao, This intro reminds me back to the Gran Turismo Concept intro with the SL55 lol, thanks v much for filming it! cant wait till Monday to get back into the races and hype!

is it possible to watch this new intro more than once? after download I have seen it one and only ONE time! same thing with parking lot on My Page.. I can't find it in GTTV or if I push "back" button (with activated INTRO & SHOWCASE in OPTIONS-> DEMO) or if I restart the game (also with INTRO ON in options it only shows default intro)??
someone knows where I can find it?

I can only see it when I restart the game, and I only ever see the carpark location on Mypage once, then it goes to other scenes and never returns until I restart the game.

Edit, just watching again I think the guy in the Silver R8 (not the Eddie Jordan look a-like) is the same guy driving the Ferrari California on Nurburgring in GTTV, lucky guy! :P

Also I just read the signs in the car park at it appears to be a airport carpark, Narita maybe (I do remember multi story carparks at Narita).

Last edited:
Really liked the new intro and garage..
Took me 2 days after downloading it to actually appear but I think it's nice:)

Is it surprising that with the fall update having to occur sometime in the next 3 months for it to be fall that we haven't seen any new footage?

Would have thought if weather or new tracks were coming soon we'd have seen them?

Would have thought if weather or new tracks were coming soon we'd have seen them?

Considering KY said it might be late at E3, TGS October 9-11 sounds like a perfect time and place for them to reveal the update.

spyrrari.

At first it would be crazy but after a little bit you wouldn't care much for it load times would be horrible it already takes a while to get anything done in a GT5p menu.

I've been shouting this one in the Home forums on the sony forums for the last year! I'd love it if not only you could buzz through your garage, but you could also fully take advantage of the level of detail PD has created: pop the hood, get in the driver's seat and take a look around, etc. What would be awesome about Home integration is that it could be an actual garage attached to your place, and we could potentially invite each other over to check out our new cars. Maybe even let each other take them for a test drive. The possibilities are endless.

that would be so good its not even funny. Being able to walk through your friends garage and see his cars and rim set ups. Wow that would be a GT fans dream.

Is this a little sign of drivers without helmets? Btw. If the game engine really renders this, I find it extraordinary quality, much better than in races. And it would be good to hear some tyre screeching on that smooth floor with echo. I find prologue echoes in tunnels not so convincing.

At first it would be crazy but after a little bit you wouldn't care much for it load times would be horrible it already takes a while to get anything done in a GT5p menu.

well,i would not care about the little bit longer load times...if what i whas thinking about would really happen,i would take the little wait as eagerly as the cold beer i am having now:sly:

spyrrari.

spyrrari.

That is a great Idea (along with the PS Home intergration) and I have thought of it before many times but the problems besides load time would be PD could only load up a max of say 20 cars at a time. I suppose they could have 16-20 cars a floor but it would tedious.

I was always thing this sort of thing for car dealers where you would have new in the showroom (like TDU) then you also could have used car dealers. Maybe a certified used dealer (say Chevrolet showroom has new and outside has used) which had low km (miles) standard examples of used cars, including current models that are now used. And a private sort of dealers where you would find older higher km (miles) used cars that may or maynot have been modified or painted etc.

For example You could find the C4 corvette in the colour you wanted in this dealer but some idiot put crappy wheels on it.

I just took a look at the list of companies going to TGS08 and PD is not there.
Polyphony Digital not present at the Tokyo Game Show? Very and highly unlikely! I'd like to know what list that is. If Kaz will present a fall update of Prologue, it surely will be announced at the TGS.
Just my $0.02.

* Academy of Art University
* ACQUIRE CORPORATION
* ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
* Beijing Tidemark Consulting Co., Ltd.
* bushiroad
* CANADA GAMES
* Bug-Tracker
* Complex Games Inc.
* D-Box Technologies Inc.
* Deep Fried Entertainment Inc.
* Di-O-Matic, Inc.
* DTI Software Inc.
* Enzyme Testing Labs
* Fugitive Interactive Inc.
* GestureTek Inc.
* Hothead Games, Inc.
* Q8ISMobile Inc.
* Quazal Technologies Inc.
* Sarbakan Game Studio
* Side Effects Software Inc.
* Studio X Labs
* Wave Generation
* Wicked Studios Inc.
* CAPCOM CO., LTD.
* CNET Networks Japan K.K.
* costy
* D3PUBLISHER INC.
* DeNA Co., Ltd.
* ELECTRONIC ARTS K.K.
* ENTERBRAIN, INC.
* FromSoftware, Inc.
* G DATA Software K.K.
* GAMETECH CO., LTD.
* Geisha Tokyo Entertainment, Inc.
* HOLLAND PAVILION
* BGIn
* Control / Het Redactielokaal
* Dutch Game Garden
* Elements Interactive Mobile
* Ex Machina
* Grendel Games
* Khaeon Games
* Netherlands Foreign Trade Agency EVD
* NHL University
* NLGD Foundation
* Province of Fryslan
* Province of Utrecht
* Streamline Studios BV
* Triangle Studios
* Utrecht School of the Arts
* White Bear Holding BV Imma Games
* HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD.
* INTERCHANNEL
* IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.
* ITPIA CO., LTD.
* JAPAN e-SPORTS ASSOCIATION PREPARATORY COMMITTEE
* KDDI CORPORATION
* KOEI CO., LTD.
* KONAMI
* Koubou Inazumagumi
* LEVEL-5 Inc.
* Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
* MATCHINGWORLD, Inc.
* Microsoft Co., Ltd.
* MORI GAMES CO., LTD.
* NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
* Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.
* NTT DOCOMO, Inc.
* PLANEX COMMUNICATIONS INC.
* PRIME SENSE
* Prometech Software, Inc.
* SEGA CORPORATION
* Silver Star Japan
* SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION
* Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
* SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
* TAITO CORPORATION
* Taiwan Game Pavilion
* FunTown World Limited
* Gemmy Planet, Inc.
* Goldrock Inc.
* Insrea Game Center Corporation
* Joymaster Inc.
* Lager Network Technologies Inc.
* Mega Net&Tech Co., Ltd.
* M-etel Co., Ltd.
* Winking Entertainment Corporation
* XPEC Entertainment Inc.
* Zeroplus Technology Co., Ltd.
* Taipei Hsien Computer Association
* Taiwan External Trade Development Council
* TATA ELXSI LIMITED
* TECMO, LTD.
* TGL PLANNING INC.
* The Behemoth
* TOMY COMPANY, LTD.
* Transcosmos Inc
* Vuzix Corporation
* Yudo Inc.

I see no Polyphony in that list, maybe they'll assist as part of SCE, but I doubt so.

Source: http://www.vidaextra.com/2008/08/28-tgs-08-lista-de-companias-asistentes-al-tokyo-game-show-2008

Last edited:
Back