Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
  • 564,715 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTchampion
What is the menu music like? is it better than GT3 ?

Ah I haven't talked about the music yet. It's very varied and there's something for all tastes. The menu music isn't so irritating that it's stuck n my yet, which is a good thing. But I remember it is kind of 'funky' like the rest of the series ...it's cool.

However, the best piece of music is for the intro, which is an orchestral rendition of the original GT score. It is absolutely phenomenol and it makes you weep - almost!
 
cobragt
chaser, go ahead and blow a engine on one of your cars :D 2jay said you could see the blow off from the pipes.

I did it once on a Mitsubishi GTO during License test, but havn't been able to pull it off again :sick:
 
It would be interesting to have to pay for engine repair after you messed it up. chaser, is there anything in the game that suggests day to night change? I remember reading about this but it would be in endurance races.
 
I like that about NFSU2 also. Sorry to post again but the last one was at the bottom of the page is the 80s camaro a say 86ish IROC? Thanks man great job!
 
cobragt
chaser, go ahead and blow a engine on one of your cars :D 2jay said you could see the blow off from the pipes.

Really? Wow, I should cut down on the laughing gas then! I'll try and blow the engine when I get home later tonight. With the memory cards out though!!!

That's another thing. The game autosaves a lot!
 
1twojay
I did it once on a Mitsubishi GTO during License test, but havn't been able to pull it off again :sick:
Interesting. Maybe they gave you a messed up gto then replaced it :D
 
chaser_fan
Ah I haven't talked about the music yet. It's very varied and there's something for all tastes. The menu music isn't so irritating that it's stuck n my yet, which is a good thing. But I remember it is kind of 'funky' like the rest of the series ...it's cool.

However, the best piece of music is for the intro, which is an orchestral rendition of the original GT score. It is absolutely phenomenol and it makes you weep - almost!

So the intro is Moon over the castle then and I thought they'd do a rock version like all the other games. Oh well, that song kicks much arse no matter how they make it.

chaser_fan
That's another thing. The game autosaves a lot!

I hope you can turn that off.
 
wow i never saw a thread growing like this one!! Thank you for all the informations!!!

relio
 
auto save? Sweet!
 
chaser_fan
Ah I haven't talked about the music yet. It's very varied and there's something for all tastes. The menu music isn't so irritating that it's stuck n my yet, which is a good thing. But I remember it is kind of 'funky' like the rest of the series ...it's cool.

However, the best piece of music is for the intro, which is an orchestral rendition of the original GT score. It is absolutely phenomenol and it makes you weep - almost!



Like the song from the Orignal Gran Turismo ? wow..Awsome! i liked the GT 1 music the best by far. thanks for answering.
 
Giancarlo
I have a question; with gear changes, do hear the lovely noise of the clutch popping? I think that's the only thing i love about NFS:U2.
This is indeed a good question.
 
Did you any chance see the new C6?
 
cobragt
This is indeed a good question.

Honestly I havn't been able to hear any clutch so far.... :sick:
 
Yeah the C6 and the 05 GT Mustang
 
Race Idiot
So the intro is Moon over the castle then and I thought they'd do a rock version like all the other games. Oh well, that song kicks much arse no matter how they make it.



I hope you can turn that off.

It starts off orchestral and then goes into a rock number, don't worry!
 
1twojay
Honestly I havn't been able to hear any clutch so far.... :sick:

You don't hear a kind of pop when the faster cars switch gears?
 
is GT4 really 9.7GiB like PD said? please check it in ur PC 👍
 
Kaniyodrift
is GT4 really 9.7GiB like PD said? please check it in ur PC 👍

Yes GT4 is DVD9
 
How many endurance races are there and are there lots of speical events like only 1 type of car can enter?
 
is GT4 really 9.7GiB like PD said? please check it in ur PC

that would mean him taking his gt4 disc out of his ps2.
thats asking a bit much.
 
mrchicken&fries
and there has been no AI questions answered yet?

I've touched on it. The AI seems more intelligent than in previous games, but it counts for nothing when your car is infinately faster than your opppnents'. I should reduce the power on my car to make racing closer and more fun, but I can't help myself! Let's see how I fair against more powerful opposition.
 
Nevermind, you just answered me. This thread is so damn fast.
 
chaser_fan
It starts off orchestral and then goes into a rock number, don't worry!

Sounds kinda like the Japanese Gt2 intro, it started off with a small piano solo and then launched (with engine noise and tyre squeel) into the rawwwwwwwwwwwwk!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back