PS3 General Discussion

I could find a use for 60GB IF I put all my CD's on there, which I would'nt. But my 20GB on my 360 is getting smaller and smaller. Only have 6GB left.

Blue-Ray is a big deal though. That alone makes the PS3 attractive considering the cheapest HD-DVD player is $500. However, we've yet to see how good PS3 Blue-Ray is so it's not over yet.

Also I seen the PS3 joypad in action, since I watched the conference live on Hi-Res 700k. I,m just glad I have a HDTV, which displays 1080i.

VIPERGTSR01
Anyone have a video link to the Press conference?
As a Total Access member on GameSpot, there is no videos up to download from them of yet. Because they have to edit the vids. But I have to wait until the 9th before I can watch the better HD version from GS of the conference.

Also I have to wait until June, before i can get my copy of E3 2006 unleashed from GameSpot.

KENJIusa
1. yeah, it's not, but the 360 doesn't have the damn HD-DVD drive, and if MS decides to add HD-DVD to the 360, it's gonna be for viewing movies only, so happy playing games on DVD.
2. By the time the PS3 comes out, there will be plenty of HDTVs that capable of display 1080p,
2. how about saying that PS3 only costs $100 more, and it comes with blueray, 1080p, and capability of handling seven wireless controllers with MOTION SENSOR:idea:
1. The war still isn't over.

2. I'm not going to buy a new TV just for 1080p, nor will all the other HDTV owners (well, maybe they might, I don't know).

3. $100 is a lot. And who plays their games with 7 other people?

tehehehe...Sony has you all in their grips with hype. Silly silly silly.

Can't wait though, I'm definately buying the big package, no doubt about it.

2. I'm not going to buy a new TV just for 1080p, nor will all the other HDTV owners (well, maybe they might, I don't know).

You better start saving then, but it does help out a lot when you have a job working for money. Did anyone watch the press conference live on GameSpot.

It hasn't even started yet, but I'd say HD-DVD is an clear underdog.

Me neither............ unless it breaks down. :D I have an older Panasonic 47" Widescreen with just 480p and 1080i.

Actually, that could be fun for sports games, etc. Baseball, soccer/football, Monopoly(this is not a joke), etc. Obviously, you don't want to play Gran Turismo type racing game on one TV with seven other people. :D

tha_con
tehehehe...Sony has you all in their grips with hype. Silly silly silly.

Can't wait though, I'm definately buying the big package, no doubt about it.
Is that the 80GB package, or the 60? Somebody said there's an 80, but officially, I read only about the 20 and 60.

I think us UK people will be able to start pre-ordering this week hopfully. But I be ordering the black one.

One reason I be uppering from 1080i HDTV to 1080p HDTV next year hopfully, is well PS3. But everyone is most likely going to buy 60GB, remember Blu-Ray runs mainly by HDMI.

And remember a dual layer Blu-Ray disc is 100GB, but some companies are working on 200GB versions. Also I do not have to worry about the 20GB version, since i am buying 60GB version, two more things Apple is supporting Blu-Ray.

But we bound to see some unhappy people in the UK, due to the amount of PS3's which will ship.

LaBounti
Why do i feel slight rectal pressure from sony.....
Its a bit of old fasion PR most likely, but Sony are doing a MS. And trying to get all of us to buy the 60GB version over the 20GB.

But the reason people will buy a PS3 aswell is well, the Blu-Ray player. And the fact some of the top games from PC are coming out on the PS3.

@Duck The fact is there is 50GB single layer Blu-Ray discs out there, and 100GB dual layer. But the 200GB I think involves quard layers or triple layers.

Crap... I just know they're going to have more 20GB PS3s than 60GB, and I'm going to go from store to store trying to find a 60GB with a bunch of 20GB staring me in the face... If that happens, I wont buy a 20GB PS3. I want the 60GB, and only the 60GB.

I'm also now forced you purcahse a black PS3 at launch, too. Sucks, and sucks.

Isn't a dual layer blu-ray disc 50 GB?
Yes it is. Some companies are working on 8 layer 200GB discs.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Blue-Ray does'nt need HDMI (or another HDCP compliant connection). Right? Wrong?

I'm too tired. Bye!

slackbladder

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Blue-Ray does'nt need HDMI (or another HDCP compliant connection). Right? Wrong?

I'm too tired. Bye!
Blu-Ray has HDCP on it, HD-DVD does not. But Slack why you say Blue-Ray, the fact is its called Blu-Ray buddy.

And to prove it check that link to the 200GB story, or check here:

http://www.tdk.com/consumer/bluray/index.html

Plus the price for a TDK 25GB BD-RE is $24.99, and a 25GB BD-R costs about $19.99.

slackbladder

I'm too tired. Bye!
Yes, it could need one, for some BD movies, but most likely not. It's still unknown, but a lot of movie makers have now said they wont activate ICT (image Constraint Token) on their BD movies. At one time, over half the movie stuidios said they would.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I made a mistake Duck, sorry about this ok 27GB single. 54GB dual, and well 100GB quad. But there are ways of getting more storage on Blu-Ray discs

And news on the 200GB version:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/04/12/tdk_preps_200gb_bd/
Ok, thanks.

But really, I'd probably buy several at launch, sell them for double their price, and bam, there's my money for a car. It'd be even better if it was a Blu-ray player, game player, AND Foreman grill. :D

Ok, thanks.

But really, I'd probably buy several at launch, sell them for double their price, and bam, there's my money for a car. It'd be even better if it was a Blu-ray player, game player, AND Foreman grill. :D

And if there is plenty of PS3's to go around, you are stuck with several PS3's :lol:

Ok, thanks.

I think no one will full for the Ebay trick again, but your so crual Duck. Yet you should not sink so low to what those Ebay sellers did with the 360.

And if anyone wants to watch the press conference which they missed, well GameSpot are streaming it again but not on demand buds.

Latest Posts

Back