PS3 General Discussion

When it comes to multi-platform games, the Wii numbers are almost always well below everyone else, even the PS2.

You can extrapolate a few reasonable ideas from this.

First is that of the 20+ million Wii's out there, many are bought by parents for their young children to use. After all, it's the least expensive console for this gen, and the vast majority of the games are VERY kid/family friendly... which is not the case with the 360 and PS3.
Multiplatform games on the Wii have a couple weaknesses. The first is that if you are looking for something really pushing the tech boundary it will be more at the same level as the PS2 version. Then, since most Wii games do not require standing and moving to play it is basically learning a new control scheme that adds nothing but carpal tunnel to the experience (I'm looking at you Mario). So, a multiplatform game, even if just a PS2 and Wii game, can actually be more enjoyable with a traditional controller. Those don't have a "you should take a break to avoid injury" warning. While Wii SPorts and Toger Woods gives me sore muscles and joints where I expect them if I played those sports in real-life finding it hard to type at work the day after beating Bowser in SMG was a tad annoying.

And as I mentioned the Wii/PS2 releases, I believe Sony owes Nintendo a small thanks. As new games for the Wii make an almost perfect graphical port to the PS2 third-party support seems much stronger for teh older system than it was for PS1 after PS2 came out. If Nintendo had built a tech juggernaut as well I think PS2 development would basically be PSP ports after a littel time. I clearly remember when new PS1 games became the $9.99-$19.99 specials and all were almost always panned by critics and gamers alike.

Wii is helping the continued life of the PS2 by keeping it relevant and giving casual game designers a huge boost when a generation back they were telling critics to rate their games on value, not quality. Now, they are telling critics they just don't understand casual gamers and that is obvious by the wads of cash flowing in for Super Mini-Game Gonna Make You Learn Something While Playing a Digital Board Game 5.

Secondly, for more casual, but adult market, the Wii has proven to be an excellent "party" game, and thus has really opened up a new market for Nintendo with casual social gamers who treat the Wii like a board game and have "Wii parties" with friends... although it remains to see if this is a fad, like so many board games.
I basically back this up with my previous paragraph. This is amazing me as my best friend, the guy who got me into Gran Turismo a decade ago, is just now looking at finding a Wii because he and his wife love playing Mario Party. He is lost. I tried explaining to him that in the time he found a Wii he could save up the $150 difference for a 40gb and then he and I could be racing each other online. When I mentioned I couldn't get into Mario Party he said how they liked playing it with this other couple. This would be the same couple that brought Karaoke Revolution to New Years. Fortunately I learned how to play drunk drums in Rock Band that night and a microphone never neared my mouth.

back on track......

Thirdly, of the adult regular to hardcore gamers, they may very well own a PS3 and or 360 as well as their Wii, so naturally when it comes to multi-platform games, they are most likely going to buy it for their 360 or PS3 so they can enjoy it in High Def, with superior surround sound, better graphics, and possibly additional features.
Honestly, the Wii has mostly become a nostalgia generator with the VC and a sports simulator for me. This may change as their exclusive games aimed at traditional gamers (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc) are really good. But anything else where I have a choice goes on my PS3, and then with the online capabilities and weekly offerings from my PS3 even when I get attracted by something good on the Wii my PS3 calls me back the next Thursday. Yes, this means I put in way too much time beating the storyline section of Super Mario Galaxy so I would be free last night. :guilty:

I don't know about this. You have to also consider the number of households that still don't have an HDTV. If you track HDTV sales over the years, and they are growing at an unbelievable pace right now, you can see the effect it has had on HD related products, like HD camcorders, HD DVR, HD subscriptions through cable and satellite providers, etc.

When someone buys their first HDTV, the first thing they want to do is watch HD stuff, if nothing more than to see what their TV is capable of, and seeing as 1080p displays are dominating the HDTV market now, many of these new buyers are going to be looking for devices that will show off each and every one of those two million pixels.

Let us not forget, the Wii can only offer less than 400,000 pixels of native resolution, six times less than the PS3 and 360.

This is also why one can see a correlation between HDTV sales and Blu-ray sales, despite the format war.

In addition, with consoles like the PS3 that offer one of the best Blu-ray players on the market, and are capable of many home entertainment options besides playing video games, I suspect in the coming years, we will see a significant spike in PS3 sales among consumers who have never really been interested in gaming at all.

So while I agree that maybe the PS3 was a little ahead of its time, certainly as far as having a wide appeal like the Wiii has, I'm glad Sony didn't wait another gen to release it, as that would mean us early adopters who have been waiting for a device like this for quite some time to use with our HDTVs would be stuck with lousy upscaled video. :ouch:
You know, with less than 60 weeks until the HD switchover in the US (February 2009) I see HDTV sales shooting up this next year and the still undecided gamer will possibly go for a PS3 if they are also looking for the next HD format now that BD has all but given an acceptance speech.

Of course, the unknown is who will opt for a converter box and say they are happy with their current image quality. But I think that will only last so long.

That said, one must also congratulate Sony for having the foresight not to drop support for the PS2, in recognition that many consumers are not ready to take full advantage of what the PS3 has to offer, and thus they continue to purchase PS2's and PS2 games.

Bottom line, I suspect the Wii will live in harmony with its big brothers, as it and the games that sell well for it, are truly unique.
Yeah, keeping the PS2 going has kept Sony in the black through this launch and with the PS3 itself expected to turn profit in the next fiscal year, which would be quickler than the 360, Sony has done themselves well.

Renting is not really an option for me, there's nowhere near me to rent from! and I know no-one with a PS3 nearby that i can borrow either game from. I do hope to get AC tomorrow if this pans out that COD will not work well online for me, otherwise, im back at square 1.
Can you get Gamefly?

Or at all, as in the case of the most interesting Nintendo game in years: Wii Sports. It's impossible to replicate that type of interaction on any other platform, and thus pointless to port.
You mean Go! Sports Bowling doesn't do it?

I think if you asked a few other gamers on the PS3 forum you'd find a lot of them wouldn't have heard of them either. ;)
Which is why I spend my lunch break reading Joystiq. If nothing else I get an idea of what all my options are.

Yeah good on Sony for getting rid of backwards compatibility in their 40GB PS3 based on customer demand! A good corporate decision sure (more monies), but it doesn't really say much to customers of the company.
The US still has a BC option, and so I have to assume in other markets that BC is not cost efefctive. Or Sony made a mistake.

But come on, how is it worse than Microsft offering online XBox games and then announcing less than a month later that they do not forsee anymore BC support updates? I predicted that would happen somewhere on these here boards.

Yeah I don't really get much stuff from the PSN store, my download quota (or rather lack of one) would probably be the main contributor towards that.
Quota? As in you have a limit to how much you can DL? Is that through the ISP or some kind of weird household rule? I haven't had an ISP DL limit in over a decade.

I like using metacritic as a reference for many games (if I can't try them) since it represents a good average (as compared to user ratings which tend to be over or under representative of the game's quality) since it has a lot more than just 'a handful' of reviews compiled within the average...but I guess like you said, different people prefer different things.
MC makes a great quick reference but when something catches my eye I will find user reviews and then only check the ones with a comprehensive explanation of what they did and didn't like. I guess I just feel like doing some in-depth reasearch before plopping down $60. I also rent almost everything first.

Yeah not really my style...besides I wasn't making a comment on its quality when I first posted about it, I was merely saying that I just hadn't heard of it. Then I researched it a little bit.
People that like the genre love it. I personally don't, but from the demo(s) I can see it is a well done game.

To be fair you can buy a play and charge kit with a wireless 360 controller and it'll come to the current price of a Dualshock 3. :P
Do you have DS3s on your store shelves or are you quoting import prices? Honestly, that is not a fair comparison if it isn't on the shelf in your region yet.

Really? I've never noticed you can see the front label from the back of a DVD
Hold it up to the light.

You can't on a DVD but you can on a Blu Ray disc...
It depends on how the DVD is labelled. If light can pass through the label then you can see through it. I notice it because my DVD player has a clear plastic tray is backlit in blue and unless the label is a dark color then I can make out the tray beneath it. With some brands of DVD-R you can practically make out shapes on the other side with no more lighting than just a well lit room.

I think the labelling on Blu-Ray is just a bit more opaque in design than DVDs.

Since you people are so ****ing slow when it comes to delivering ****ing awesome news to the masses, I'll do your job for you all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226865

Resistance 2 revealed.

8 player co-op.

60 player online play.

And a bunch of other absolutely spectacular features.

I don't even have a PS3 anymore, and I know this game is going to be the best game of this year, on all platforms. Please take notice.

seriously gtp is the geriatric of the internet

i would've thought everyone would've commented on the good news i have brought, but noooooo.

:(

you would laugh too if a large water fowl ran into the room cursing at everyone ranting about a new game

Since you people are so ****ing slow when it comes to delivering ****ing awesome news to the masses, I'll do your job for you all.

Resistance 2 revealed.

8 player co-op.

60 player online play.

Sweetness!

I don't even have a PS3 anymore, and I know this game is going to be the best game of this year, on all platforms. Please take notice.
Is it posible to highlight a post for future access?

you would laugh too if a large water fowl ran into the room cursing at everyone ranting about a new game
that he cannot play.

You describe it like some odd Aflac ad.

UEQNqbbiD.jpg

blDbikjmj.jpg

SrlwixGXl.jpg

utLWTzpro.jpg

pwzCTPmHi.jpg

I wasn't impressed with the Resistance demo, is the actual game any better?
As is almost always the case with demos, yes.

Wait, Lego Indy details?! srhsggfcrtesjhsdffrfetd
I saw "What to Play on Wii" and then the picture of R2 and went, WTF?

This fall. I'm not sure how Sony's releasing it with Killzone, but I'm thinking they'll release KZ2 in August or September and release Resistance 2 in November.
If they say Fall nwo then it means spring. They won't have to try too hard to figure out how to keep from having competing IPs.

Holy crap!! 60 players online!?

Thank goodness! I was so scared that the PS3 would be forever doomed to online servers of 20 or fewer people, after playing games like Motorstorm, Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty 4, etc.

Resistance:Fall of Man already supports 40 people online now, I guess the next progression from that is 60. :lol:

Well, I guess we know where the story is heading. The Chimera have crossed both oceans to invade North America.

Warhawk is 32 players. When games are built from the ground up on the console they have far fewer limits than multiplatform games. Multiplaform games generally take pc sourced game code and make it run on ps3. Another reason Sony made and published games run better than multiplatform.

Eight player Co-OP, lets see how long before they change it to 6 or even 4. But its nice to see them try to upstage Halo3's 4 player CO-OP.

And don't forget online play with the 360, or even access to some content on XBL. That's another £70 or $50 a year. After just four years, that's already an additional £280 or $200 added to the cost. Basically with the 360 you have an a la carte menu, which while initially can be less expensive. Even without any add-ons, and just a subscription to Gold to play online for only a few years takes the 360 price above and beyond the PS3.

And those "Microsoft Points" pricing is also a clever way Microsoft uses to disguise the actual cost of content that on the PS3 is often free, like themes, wallpapers, and many game add-ons.

Keep in mind, I'm not a critic of Microsoft's decision to charge for much of their online service, even when they don't provide their own servers, and have a lot of product placement ads, or the use of their clever "MS Points" payment system. The fact is they are smart to do it, as the customers have clearly been willing to use it and pay for it.

These companies are not non-profits, and if the market is willing to pay, it's actually their responsibility, especially to the stock holders to get that money! It's the responsibility of the consumer to properly and accurately asses the value they get from a service, and if they feel it's not worth it, then vote with your wallets by not paying for it.

Granted, I understand why so many 360 owners begrudgingly pony up the cash for XBL, as I'm sure many have no other choice. They already spent quite a bit on the console and games, so justifying another $50 a year to play online is probably an easy choice to make.

Personally though, seeing as I myself use nearly a dozen different PSN accounts, I'm glad I'm not using XBL, as it would be costing me over $500 a year just to have them. :eek:

I'm pretty sure it's not 70 pounds a year, as that is a lot more than 50 USD a year. But yes I agree, MS should definitely go with the free service now...there is definitely the incentive there. There are also some free wallpapers/themes on XBL (I have at least 6-7 themes I have gotten off XBL) in addition to the ones you can pay for (and are not forced to pay for) from third party sources.

Many 'game add ons' are not free for the PS3 either, I don't know what world you're living in but all the DLC (with the exception of 'holiday themed' paintjobs) I've seen on the PSN is not free, it costs money just like the DLC on XBL...and often it takes a bit longer for the PSN to get certain DLC which has been on XBL for a while.

Also on XBL you wouldn't need more than the one account anyway (since you live in the US), and why would you need to pay for XBL gold for all of them? Are you that lazy you wouldn't have one account for playing online and just use the other ones for content?

Personally I find XBL a lot better set out and easier to use than the PSN, but definitely not worth the $70 AUD a year.

Quota? As in you have a limit to how much you can DL? Is that through the ISP or some kind of weird household rule? I haven't had an ISP DL limit in over a decade.

Yeah in Australia we have download limits. Some ISPs even count uploads!

Do you have DS3s on your store shelves or are you quoting import prices? Honestly, that is not a fair comparison if it isn't on the shelf in your region yet.

The SixAxis costs $80 AUD retail here, if you import a DS3 it'll come to about $80-85 (from play-asia). When it retails here it'll probably be $90+. A 360 controller can be had for about $60 and play-and-charge kit for $20-30 (generally they're on sale as retailers tend to overstock them).

Comparing what it can be had for to its retail price of $79.99AUD retail is not fair at all. a 360 controller here in the us is $49.99 plus the charge kit is now $69.98 US. DS3 will not sell well for more than $60. Also the 360 controller does not feature six degrees of motion for comparative sake.

PSN is not the same as XBL. Sony's online structure is far different than Microsoft's. Sony's is open ended and consists of basically the Playstation Store and web browser. When Live goes down everything online goes down. If the PSN went down you still have internet access. The XMB is the bread and butter of the PS3's operating system. It's easy to navigate and has many new features lined up for it. Custom backgrounds and icons are also a plus. PS Home is really going to be interesting.

Bioshock isn't really referred to as an FPS by most places,
Huh? I'm not sure what sites you visit, but try Googling FPS and Bioshock, or look up the Wiki listing for Bioshock and read what it says under Genre. Heck, just visit 2K Games official website... or for that matter just play it. It is in fact a First Person Shooter.

I suspect what you are referring to is the theme, which unlike many FPS games, is not a military style game, but FPS has nothing to do with the theme, it has to do with the gameplay mechanics.

Also, action/adventure games are hardly a newly created genre. In fact, I played action adventure games on my Apple II over 20 years ago. Keep in mind, this isn't a dig at Bioshock, as I have said I think it was a brilliant game, and I recommend it all the time. It just seems you are making it sound like 2K Games invented the wheel with Bioshock, which is hardly the case. In fact, many elements in Bioshock have been around in various games for many years. They just did it a heck of a lot better IMO.

Not in Australia (and other PAL territories I think), they've completely axed the 60gb and there has never been an 80gb. :\
The same was true here in the states, and yet the 80GB soon followed, and in the meantime, it was very easy to get 60GB models. I'm sure I could do a quick search on the net and find several sites selling brand new 60GB PS3 available for someone in Australia.

I'm pretty sure it's not 70 pounds a year, as that is a lot more than 50 USD a year.
Yes, sorry, that was supposed to be $70, but actually it's a little more. It's €50 ($75) and £40 ($80).

But yes I agree, MS should definitely go with the free service now...there is definitely the incentive there. There are also some free wallpapers/themes on XBL (I have at least 6-7 themes I have gotten off XBL) in addition to the ones you can pay for (and are not forced to pay for) from third party sources.
Some maybe free, but far more you must pay for. You wont find any wallpaper or theme on the PS3 that costs you anything, and in fact thanks to the free Theme editor, in addition to all the official themes, there are hundreds of user generated themes.

Many 'game add ons' are not free for the PS3 either, I don't know what world you're living in but all the DLC (with the exception of 'holiday themed' paintjobs) I've seen on the PSN is not free, it costs money just like the DLC on XBL...and often it takes a bit longer for the PSN to get certain DLC which has been on XBL for a while.
You really have your facts mixed up, or at the very least quite exaggerated in favor of the 360 and XBL. Granted, you admitted you don't use the PSN much based on limited access (then again, if true, this likely means you don’t use XBL for content very much either right?). However, then maybe you should not make such comments comparing XBL and PSN if you don't.

I will say that if you did use PSN more often, or frankly just took a look now, you'll find dozens of free add-ons, far too many to list, but easily found. Some free add-ons are quite significant as well, like the Time Attack Mode for MotorStorm, which added a huge amount of replay value to the game, and allowing a sim-like mode to the game.

Also on XBL you wouldn't need more than the one account anyway (since you live in the US), and why would you need to pay for XBL gold for all of them? Are you that lazy you wouldn't have one account for playing online and just use the other ones for content?
Other than insulting, I'm not sure what you are getting at, but if you need to understand why many people use multiple online accounts you may want to search this thread as well as the Got a PS3? Care to share your username? which is stickied in this forum.

That topic as well as lists of many of the free DLC on PSN stores is also available in the Official Playstation Store Thread which is also very easy to find in this forum.

To save you some time though, for me at least, I started using multiple accounts for getting access to exclusive PSN content from different regions. I then added additional accounts for family members and guests that visit. This allows them to have their own online stats, rankings, game saves, etc.

As I joined various online racing leagues for F1:CE, MotorStorm, GT5:P, and Dirt, as well as other non racing games, having multiple accounts allows me to do a much better job managing my friends list for those specific games. This way, when I'm online with the intent of playing a specific game, I'm only alerted of the online presence of friends/league members who also play that specific game.

For all of these reasons, I have found the ability to have multiple online accounts extremely useful.

Yeah, keeping the PS2 going has kept Sony in the black through this launch and with the PS3 itself expected to turn profit in the next fiscal year, which would be quickler than the 360, Sony has done themselves well.
Besides, operational profitability, Sony's gaming division has always been profitable over the last sevaral years, where as Microsoft has already lost over $8 billion dollars on their Xbox & Game Division, so even if they can finally turn profitable sometime in 2008, it would take many years of even decent profits to pay off all those previous losses. :eek:

Besides the myth about how poorly the PS3 has sold compared to the 360 and PS2, which of course is not at all the case, the other thing many 360 fans have a hard time believeing is that over the last two years, the PS2 has outsold the 360 nearly every week, as well as the PS3 this last year:

20080108_weekly.jpg

20080108_weekly2.jpg

You made some excellent points about how the Wii may very well have helped keep PS2 sales as strong as ever.

Resistance 2 revealed.

8 player co-op.

60 player online play.

Grrrr... Resistance 1, Warhawk, COD4, and UT3 are bad enough in terms of tempting me to give FPS military games a "shot", but seeing all the latest info on MGS4 (which is really looking insanely good now!), Killzone 2, and now Resistance 2, I'm feeling a ridiculous amount of pressure to turn to the Dark Side of gaming. :D

It would be nice if more developers would put the same kind of resources behind MYST/Uncharted style games as they do all these latest FPS military games.

you would laugh too if a large water fowl ran into the room cursing at everyone, and ranting raving about a new game
Fixed. :)

The same was true here in the states, and yet the 80GB soon followed, and in the meantime, it was very easy to get 60GB models. I'm sure I could do a quick search on the net and find several sites selling brand new 60GB PS3 available for someone in Australia.

Go for it.

We ran out of stock of PS3's in Australia completly back in August. Harvey Norman Australia (largest computer franchise in the country) couldnt get any PS3's for 1 - 1.5 months until the 40gb was launched in october?. Their is literally no 60gb available over the counter, only for sale on ebay (and going for 1200 - 1500AUD).

Go for it.

We ran out of stock of PS3's in Australia completly back in August. Harvey Norman Australia (largest computer franchise in the country) couldnt get any PS3's for 1 - 1.5 months until the 40gb was launched in october?. Their is literally no 60gb available over the counter, only for sale on ebay (and going for 1200 - 1500AUD).
Bummer. What about importing? And has Sony said anything as to when and if they will be releasing the 80GB edition? Seems odd they would not offer it unless they did some market research and found there wasn't enough demmand for it. Odd.

i dont know if we will be getting the 80gb version.

I personally dont see the point since you can just add external drives or buy a 2.5" laptop driver later down the track.

PAL wont get proper BC anyway so i dont think a 80gb would sell as strongly. Probably better to stick to the 40gb.

I saw Resistance, I saw game play of it, I rented it, I went online, I took it back immediately. Why, why does this game recieve so much hype? I mean, at least Killzone half lived up to it's hype.

I'm not even gonna waste my time on a sequel. I have however been waiting for Killzone 2 for... ev... er...

Europe gets a new £350 PS3 bundle. You get a 40GB PS3 and two games from this list:

Amazing deal, consider me jealous!

http://kotaku.com/344091/europe-gets-surprisingly-great-ps3-bundle
I don't know how that compares to UK deals, but that’s nearly $700, and yet here in the States you can get the following two bundles from Costco for a good deal less:

$515 40GB PS3 Bundle (+$300 in extras)
  • 40GB PS3
  • SIXAXIS Controller
  • Extra SIXAXIS Controller
  • Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction game
  • PS3 Blu-Ray Remote
  • Spider-Man 3 Blu-Ray Movie
  • Five Additional Blu-ray Movies
  • Costco Extended Warranty

$600 80GB Bundle (+$300 in extras):
  • 80GB PS3
  • SIXAXIS Controller
  • Extra SIXAXIS Controller
  • MotorStorm
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat
  • Five Additional Blu-ray Movies
  • Costco Extended Warranty

Makes the $700 I paid over a year ago for a 60GB bundle that only included an extra controller, one game I have never even played yet (Genji) and one mediocre Blu-ray movie (Talladega Nights) look like a bad deal. Ah, the price of being an early adopter. :)

That said, I have certainly gotten back my moneys worth long ago for all the Blu-ray movies and games I've enjoyed over the year. 👍

Currently we have a PS3 40gb + 1 game for $687 AUD (312 Pounds)

Formula One
Motorstorm
Resistance
Genji

and choose another 1 for only $60 or 27 pounds...

Huh? I'm not sure what sites you visit, but try Googling FPS and Bioshock, or look up the Wiki listing for Bioshock and read what it says under Genre. Heck, just visit 2K Games official website... or for that matter just play it. It is in fact a First Person Shooter.

I suspect what you are referring to is the theme, which unlike many FPS games, is not a military style game, but FPS has nothing to do with the theme, it has to do with the gameplay mechanics.

Also, action/adventure games are hardly a newly created genre. In fact, I played action adventure games on my Apple II over 20 years ago. Keep in mind, this isn't a dig at Bioshock, as I have said I think it was a brilliant game, and I recommend it all the time. It just seems you are making it sound like 2K Games invented the wheel with Bioshock, which is hardly the case. In fact, many elements in Bioshock have been around in various games for many years. They just did it a heck of a lot better IMO.

I didn't mean they created it, what I was trying to say was that there were a lot of newer games in the action/adventure genre and Bioshock was one of them. A poor choice of words I guess.

Sorry, you wouldn't unless it's over $1100 and on ebay. If you do (for less than $1000) I'm interested. :)

Some maybe free, but far more you must pay for. You wont find any wallpaper or theme on the PS3 that costs you anything, and in fact thanks to the free Theme editor, in addition to all the official themes, there are hundreds of user generated themes.

You can make themes for the Xbox dashboard too though right? (Or maybe it's just wallpapers).

You really have your facts mixed up, or at the very least quite exaggerated in favor of the 360 and XBL. Granted, you admitted you don't use the PSN much based on limited access (then again, if true, this likely means you don’t use XBL for content very much either right?). However, then maybe you should not make such comments comparing XBL and PSN if you don't.

I will say that if you did use PSN more often, or frankly just took a look now, you'll find dozens of free add-ons, far too many to list, but easily found. Some free add-ons are quite significant as well, like the Time Attack Mode for MotorStorm, which added a huge amount of replay value to the game, and allowing a sim-like mode to the game.

Oh yes sorry, the Time Attack Mode for Motorstorm...which could've easily been included in the retail game anyway, I don't think it was that big a download either so the framework for it was probably already there.

Other than insulting, I'm not sure what you are getting at, but if you need to understand why many people use multiple online accounts you may want to search this thread as well as the Got a PS3? Care to share your username? which is stickied in this forum.

That topic as well as lists of many of the free DLC on PSN stores is also available in the Official Playstation Store Thread which is also very easy to find in this forum.

To save you some time though, for me at least, I started using multiple accounts for getting access to exclusive PSN content from different regions. I then added additional accounts for family members and guests that visit. This allows them to have their own online stats, rankings, game saves, etc.

As I joined various online racing leagues for F1:CE, MotorStorm, GT5:P, and Dirt, as well as other non racing games, having multiple accounts allows me to do a much better job managing my friends list for those specific games. This way, when I'm online with the intent of playing a specific game, I'm only alerted of the online presence of friends/league members who also play that specific game.

For all of these reasons, I have found the ability to have multiple online accounts extremely useful.

I meant that for XBL you wouldn't need extra accounts. I understand why you would need them for the PSN, which is quite annoying don't you think...although I can see it being fairly hard to find which friends are playing which when you start acquiring a large list of friends.

I meant that for XBL you wouldn't need extra accounts.
Yes, I would, as already explained.

By all means, please share with me how you would be able to have complete seperate multiple accounts on XBL for different people in your household and guests (not just the associate account), and for different games such that each friends list isn't going to include each and every person you play with on every one of your games. Also, how are you going to have more than 100 friends on XBL without any additional accounts?

I understand why you would need them for the PSN
You don't need them, only for some like myself I want them.

which is quite annoying don't you think...
Not at all, why would it be?

although I can see it being fairly hard to find which friends are playing which when you start acquiring a large list of friends.
Not at all, as explained already. Changing from one account to another is a very quick process that takes a matter of seconds and offers a great deal more flexibility and management of your friends lists.

Back