[PS3]The Last of Us

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 1,504 comments
My favorite part of the trailer....

Joel: Alright, I got this

(Molotov cocktail to the enemy, enemy roasted.)

Ellie: (surprised)Holy s### Joel.

Joel: Keep it together.

The whole running dialogue between them as they went was pretty impressive actually. If they do that for an entire game it'll be an amazing experience.

I guess you could say

*puts on glasses*

He's on fire!

The game looks amazing. I probably only have the budget to get two games at the end of the year, either gonna be this, AC3 or BF3 Premium.

Gameplay Trailer.

Wow.

And what a refreshing change that Nolan North isn't doing the main voice acting.

Looks awesome.

Will pick this up day one, really liked the dialogue as well, lots of swearing but it seemed natural and not just used because people think its cool.

Looked amazing.

The gunplay looks to be a lot more serious and heavy. Guns have proper sound/recoil, and ammo is hopefully limited.

Inventory system? Check!

No regenerative health? Check!

And as always, Naughty Dog delivers outstanding graphics. Voice acting also sounds good, though am I the only one who thought the girl sounded older than she looked? It is, however, nice to see a side character that you don't have to babysit, and who actually helps out.

Another great indicator is that the AI seems to be genuinely aware of their surrounding. They communicate, and not all of them are carrying guns. My god I can't wait for this game!

Last edited:
This looks just astonishing, I hope they deliver what this game promises so far - real art, The Road rather then I am Legend! I really wonder how those fungus people will fit in there, though. And whats the story... Anyway, colour me very, very interested!

This sums it up.

The Road (Character Interaction) + I Am Legend (Environment) + The Walking Dead (Gameplay) = The Last of Us. ;)

That was some neat gameplay, great visuals and the voiceovers and interaction were not bad either. :D

Game looked amazing and something a lot more towards my taste in games compared to the uncharted series.

My only small concern is how slow ellie is to follow the main character (forget his name) now i know it's a slow paced game but AI partners are some of the most annoying things in adventure/action games especially when you clear a section and then have to wait 20/30 seconds up the road for them.

Only a minor observation tho and i'm sure since it's NaughtyDog making the game it won't be such a problem, and for the rest of the demo ellie was great constantly helping out, be it by throwing a brick at someones face or stabbing them in the back when needed.

Overall it looks amazing can't wait, shame there's no realease date.

Can't wait to play this, everything looks great from the gameplay to the graphics. I hope that the story mode is longer than Uncharted and it might be interesting if it is openworld.

One thing I'm interested in, is whether they'll use the same Uncharted kind of platforming. However, instead of being liniar platforming, you'd use it to explore buildings and the like for ressources. Be it health packs, ammo or what not.

One thing I'm interested in, is whether they'll use the same Uncharted kind of platforming. However, instead of being liniar platforming, you'd use it to explore buildings and the like for ressources. Be it health packs, ammo or what not.

I'm guessing that you'll find most resources from the bodies of those infected and other survivors. will have to wait and see if they release any more info or gameplay.

My only small concern is how slow ellie is to follow the main character (forget his name) now i know it's a slow paced game but AI partners are some of the most annoying things in adventure/action games especially when you clear a section and then have to wait 20/30 seconds up the road for them.

I'm hoping that Ellie can either be controlled by a second player or you can alternate between to two characters because if neither are the case she's kind of a dead weight. Its fine in an exploration game but this seems to have lots of combat so speed is the name of the game.

That gameplay trailer is fantastic.

Though Joel doesn't negociate, bad ass...

Everything said agreed, interaction, mood, sound, dialogue,... all spot on

I'm hoping that Ellie can either be controlled by a second player or you can alternate between to two characters because if neither are the case she's kind of a dead weight. Its fine in an exploration game but this seems to have lots of combat so speed is the name of the game.

I dunno, it sort of looked like speed was NOT the name of the game to me. Even the combat looked controlled and tactical, limited ammo being the primary driver of this. You can't just run in guns blazing, you need to make every shot count and think if you can possibly take out guys without ammo.

That's just on a short gameplay segment, the rest of the game may be different, but I'm not seeing it as massive frenetic UC3 style gun battles.

From what i have read Ellie is not controllable... I was watching the Naughty Dog interview on G4 live today and the game is not so much about speed as it is about ultimate choice.

The demo they kept showing at E3 was all about the interactivity of these different paths, the way they are playing it has a great scene where Ellie picks up a brick off the ground in live time, as the main character is fighting a room full of people, throwing heads into walls etc. Ellie flanks them and when she realizes that the main character has no ammo, so she beans this guy in the head from behind... now what would happen if they had sneaked through with stealth, or not gone into the brick room or skipped the area entirely... the huge variety of different paths is what makes it cool, that and the BRUTUAL hand to hand system....

You have to weigh the risk of taking on a group of people... okay i have 2 revolver bullets, and a Molotov... should i skip these guys or shrug it out... they don't know that you only have two bullets until you pull the trigger....CLICK.... the melee guys turn around and charge your butt..... From what Naughty Dog were saying today its going to have great AI....

So between Last of Us, Black Opps II, F1 2012, Assassins Creed 3, and BORDERLANDS 2, its going to be a very busy upcoming year.

Pirates-ECU

Thought I would put this here. It's a Realtime Tech Demo of Agni's Philosophy by Square Enix, they say it represents next gen hardware and the kind of graphics they will be pushing. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.

THE LAST OF US looks phenomenal. It's everything the survival horror genre has been crying out for for years. Watching the E3 play-through, it quite literally felt like every decision the player made could result in Joel or Ellie's death if the player mad the wrong choice. It feels like there are real stakes involved, that making the wrong choice in the heat of the moment could cost the player dearly. Bravo Naughty Dog for injecting some much-needed tension back into the genre.

No 2012 launch for The Last of Us, confirms Yoshida

Yoshida confirmed the news when talking about the company’s line-up for next year, confirming the near-future focus was providing growth and investing respectively in PlayStation Vita.

“We are not ready to talk about 2013. But some of the games we showed like God of War and The Last of Us are not coming out this year,” he said in an E3 interview due to go live shortly.

These is no need to rush it out, so 2013 is fine with me. It will give me a chance to finish off some if my backlog. Hopefully, The Last Of Us is a strong single player game, as I felt Uncharted 3 was watered down to promote the multiplayer side of it.

No 2012 launch for The Last of Us, confirms Yoshida

Yoshida confirmed the news when talking about the company’s line-up for next year, confirming the near-future focus was providing growth and investing respectively in PlayStation Vita.

“We are not ready to talk about 2013. But some of the games we showed like God of War and The Last of Us are not coming out this year,” he said in an E3 interview due to go live shortly.

Q1 2013 then. I guess somewhere between February or March 2013.

NaughyDog wants their next IP game to be perfect, so that means no stress for the team who's currently developing it. 👍 ;)

Oh by the way, if your from NZ we can pre-order online by clicking this link here:
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/The-Last-of-Us/20367717/

Last edited:
When I first look at the gameplay for The Last of Us at E3, I can't wait to get my hands on that game. The gameplay looked awesome.

Its a shame it's not out this year but I'm happy with them taking as much time as they need to get it to a near perfect game. I'd much prefer smooth flowing gameplay than buggy frustrating gameplay. No matter how good the graphics, storyline etc. is, if the game is buggy you would not bother buying it.

11hf6ew.jpg

2qbt2pw.jpg

E3 2012 Day 2: The Last of Us - Voice Actors

E3 2012 Day 1: The Last of Us with Jacob Minkoff

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back