Ps4 and hdr

• Thread starter Heath82
  • 17 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi guys i own a sony oled a1, a great tv! But project cars 2 looks weird..does anyone have the same issue? How did you fix it?

You might need to enable the hdmi uhd deep colour option for your selected hdmi port on your tv.

Or whatever it's called.
20180918_175130.jpg

Last edited:
Where is the enhanced resolution?
You'll find them in Options/Visual FX. At the top is a Graphics Bias option in which you can select one of 3 settings. Try them all to see if there's any improvement.
You might want to also try turning down the Exposure Compensation setting while you're in the FX menu.

There's a TV calibration screen in the options as well. Not sure if that's any use to you

I tried everything but the graphic was awful.. i ended up disabling hdr on ps4 graphic option. I forgot to mention that I don’t have ps4 pro, but this is the first time i got worse image in a game, i think it’s bugged

It's odd because I (1080p non hdr monitor) and many others don't have any problems with the graphics. I use the enhanced graphics setting and think it looks really good. However there are definitely others, like yourself, who seem to have a problem with the image quality. It seems to be mainly viewing the game on large 4k HDR TVs that cause it. Like I said, odd. Sorry I can't assist any further.

I know @Georgeagea had this trouble, maybe he can help you?

Yeah my tv is a oled 55’’, even though I don’t have a ps4 pro, i set hdr auto on ps4 graphic options, and i’ve never had problems with any games, but pc2 looks bad, especially when it’s sun, the shadows look ugly, almost annoying, in the cockpit view the speed looks like shaking, and sometimes i see some white dots during race like it’s raining!! I don’t know why..

in the cockpit view the speed looks like shaking,
You can turn that down or off in the camera options menu - high speed shake.
There's lots of options in there that affect the visuals. Try setting the post processing filter to off, it might help on your TV.

i see some white dots during race
Sparkly white dots? That could be the game representing gravel and dirt on the track.

Well I wish I can help. I learned to live with it.
I have a PS4 pro, a 55" 4k HDR TV. I ended up turning HDR off on my TV (coz of black crush; not game issue but TV issue) and chose "Enhanced resolution" as an option inside PC2. The 2 other remaining options just look horrendous!

Yeah my tv is a oled 55’’, even though I don’t have a ps4 pro, i set hdr auto on ps4 graphic options, and i’ve never had problems with any games, but pc2 looks bad, especially when it’s sun, the shadows look ugly, almost annoying, in the cockpit view the speed looks like shaking, and sometimes i see some white dots during race like it’s raining!! I don’t know why..

This is how the game is my friend. They had to sacrifice graphics for performance. There's a whole LiveTrack system running in the background which regular Xbox1 and PS4 will chuck on, if the graphics are kept at high fidelity.
The shadows and the overall resolution of the game is lacking! Sometimes words are blurred on billboards or even on cars on the track! At night and rain it can get pretty nasty.

Regarding this "in the cockpit view the speed looks like shaking, and sometimes i see some white dots during race like it’s raining!!", just like @IfAndOr said! I actually like that high speed shaking option and use it. If the white dots are on the track/asphalt, it's definitely some gravel/sand brought to the track by someone who re-entered the track.

Thank y’all guys, I could try to put off post processing filter.
Or in ps4 option i have 2 options: hdr and intense colors. They usually go together but i can try to turn on hdr without intense color. Do you think it’d help?

This is how the game is my friend. They had to sacrifice graphics for performance. There's a whole LiveTrack system running in the background which regular Xbox1 and PS4 will chuck on, if the graphics are kept at high fidelity.
The shadows and the overall resolution of the game is lacking! Sometimes words are blurred on billboards or even on cars on the track! At night and rain it can get pretty nasty.

Regarding this "in the cockpit view the speed looks like shaking, and sometimes i see some white dots during race like it’s raining!!", just like @IfAndOr said! I actually like that high speed shaking option and use it. If the white dots are on the track/asphalt, it's definitely some gravel/sand brought to the track by someone who re-entered the track.

I didn’t explain well, i’m sorry for my English!! I meant digital speedometer, what is written up (speed, gear) looks distorted

HI guys, I have the same issue. Last week I bought a Samsung 4k TV, and Pcars 2 looks horrible. Is there any update to fix it? I´m running the game in Ps4 Fat

HI guys, I have the same issue. Last week I bought a Samsung 4k TV, and Pcars 2 looks horrible. Is there any update to fix it? I´m running the game in Ps4 Fat
Not sure you can do anything about it in a regular PS4.
On the PS4 pro we can change the setting to "Enhanced Resolution" for best results.

Guys, you need to be a bit more descriptive than 'weird' or 'horrible'! Tough to offer anything more than generic advice with so little to go on...

BTW, FOG... could you add your PS4 rig info to your sig?

On the whole, I wouldn't recommend getting a 4K TV before you get a PS4Pro. It's a bit 'cart before the horse'. A Pro will make the game run a lot better on your 1080p, but 4K won't look much better with a PS4 regular. PC2 needs all the horsepower you can throw at it. HDR won't make stuttery graphics look better, or up your acceptable grid sizes. But a Pro will make all those issues fade, even in 1080p...

I totally agree with Sims here.
Getting a PS4 pro before a 4k TV is totally worth it. You will gain in FPS, stability of framerates, and AA option.
However, getting a 4k TV without a PS4 pro is kinda useless.

Back