PS4: Can I select color/livery for free run or race weekend?PS4 

When selecting car and the list comes up press triangle and it should take you to your garage, from there go to select car and then once you've found the car you want to use you can use left or right to select livery.

Would also like to know this. Every time I choose a livery, it defaults back to some random one before the race starts. Quite annoying

When you select the car in the garage with the livery you want and have pressed X to choose it. Don't select the car again from the list. Just back out and then it will stick. Reseclecting the car from the list defaults it to random.

When you select the car in the garage with the livery you want and have pressed X to choose it. Don't select the car again from the list. Just back out and then it will stick. Reseclecting the car from the list defaults it to random.

tried this and still nothing :(

That's because the livery is set by the team you sign for !
So if I play offline always I can only ever use one livery (which I may not like). Again, that sucks. And when I choose team I can't see which livery I will receive !
I should be able to choose team/livery visually. They could have arranged livery to be related to sponsors only, so you would select a team and then select sponsors/livery.
Ultimately, I couldn't care less about which team I drive for, but I do care about livery and so will many others.

So if I play offline always I can only ever use one livery (which I may not like). Again, that sucks. And when I choose team I can't see which livery I will receive !
I should be able to choose team/livery visually. They could have arranged livery to be related to sponsors only, so you would select a team and then select sponsors/livery.
Ultimately, I couldn't care less about which team I drive for, but I do care about livery and so will many others.

(PS4)If you just want to chose a quick race or time trial or practice and want a certain Livery i.e GTPlanet etc..go into your garage select the car you want- then left or right on the d-pad for designs-press X to save and leave and select car for the offline race and it lets you use the colour/livery you have chosen..Is that what you mean? 👍

(PS4)If you just want to chose a quick race or time trial or practice and want a certain Livery i.e GTPlanet etc..go into your garage select the car you want- then left or right on the d-pad for designs-press X to save and leave and select car for the offline race and it lets you use the colour/livery you have chosen..Is that what you mean? 👍

No, I wanted the same option for career.
Thanks anyway : )

It's not keeping it real because Pcars is a game!
And the letter from the team inviting us to drive for them is make believe!
So what if the letter was instead from your manager and said, " Hey, these are the teams lining up to employ you for next season. We gotta choose one dude". You then scroll through all the liveries visually and choose the one you want. What's so non-real about that?

So what if the letter was instead from your manager and said, " Hey, these are the teams lining up to employ you for next season. We gotta choose one dude". You then scroll through all the liveries visually and choose the one you want. What's so non-real about that?
Yes you're right it is a game, But It is a Simulation, So It has to be within the realms of reality, I'm not trying to be rude bro, just trying to give information to those looking for it, Peace out.

Yes you're right it is a game, But It is a Simulation, So It has to be within the realms of reality, I'm not trying to be rude bro, just trying to give information to those looking for it, Peace out.
And my proposition is also within the realms of reality whilst allowing free choice of livery. A win : win !
Peace out.

And all the cars are just pixels on a screen, and so are the tracks, and so are the people standing around the tracks... What is your point?

That keeping it real is a poor attempt to justify less choice ( in selection of liveries ).
You're still on this???? The Fact is real bro, drivers don't change team liveries, owners do, that is what's being simulated, If that little limitation is so unbearable, develop a Project Jules283, that way you will be the owner, and you can simulate a minority situation where the driver owns the team, by the way "Keeping It Real" simply means being honest with you, Not Virtual Is Reality LOL!

You're still on this???? The Fact is real bro, drivers don't change team liveries, owners do, that is what's being simulated, If that little limitation is so unbearable, develop a Project Jules283, that way you will be the owner, and you can simulate a minority situation where the driver owns the team, by the way "Keeping It Real" simply means being honest with you, Not Virtual Is Reality LOL!
I think my proposition would negate the need for a Project jules283, don't you? Or did you not bother reading it?
You mention keeping it real and that's what sim is all about in the same sentence. And you maintain it was reference to honesty?
Regardless, the game would be workable in the way I suggest.

I think my proposition would negate the need for a Project jules283, don't you?
Come On Jules283 Project CARS heard the Sim Racing community, that's what makes it so good, What you suggested is not in the realms of reality for the majority of Race Drivers, That's why it's not in career mode only, but everywhere else you will find the option available, even though there may be somewhere A rich guy that owns the team and drives, and my have the power to choose liveries for the Race team, but that is not the norm, so it isn't in the realms of reality for the majority, so it's not in the game, And lastly "Keeping It Real" is An Urban American expression, you don't have to take my word for it, here is a link for the meaning: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keeping+it+real Peace Out.

Last edited:
I didn't say my idea was in the realms of reality, but that it might be a useful in-game option.
Regarding the "keeping it real" thing, I repeat again that you made other comments relating to "reality" within the context of discussing a game. Specifically, "...but it is a simulation, so it has to be within the realms of reality...".
If SMS implemented my idea, then surely we would both be happy. Because none of it is real anyway, and if PCars could satisfy both our beliefs on how reality and a game may "crossover" then...why not?

Last edited:
Um, so how do I select livery for solo practice? :rolleyes:

If you wish to continue this debate, there is dedicated career thread in the main Pcars forum on GTP. Please ensure you don't cross the AUP line and force the mods to act.

As you pointed out in another it's a game... a game where you go and drive for a team. You'll just have to get over the fact that drivers don't stipulate liveries. Added to that you don't see the livery except in replays (unless you drive the Mario-Kart-Chair-in-the-Air view).

Scenario 1:

Driver: Hi Mr Dennis, thanks for the McLaren offer, I'd love to drive but I need to get my Xerox sponsor logo on the car if that's okay?

Ron Dennis: Sure, we'll look at our sponsor package and see if we can incorporate it contractually.

Scenario 2:

Driver: Hi Mr Dennis, thanks for the McLaren offer, I need the car to be red with a big yellow shield and Italian flags.

Ron Dennis: ...disconnect tone...

I can see Scenario 1 being ultimately do-able, a driver attracts sponsors who can appear in a livery... but PCars has no financial simulation so it would just be pointless. Can you think of a racing game that signed you to a team and then let you change the livery?

It doesn't have to follow reality.
I can't be any clearer.
It is a simulator, so it must follow the realms of reality, so say the developer, and the entire Project CARS community: C.A.R.S (Community Assisted Racing Simulator). I think the name couldn't be any clearer, LOL, Peace Out Jules283

Latest Posts

Back