[PS4] European GT3 Championship *spots available!*Taking Reserves!Thursday 23rd Race6 @ZolderOpen 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 934 comments

What is your preference regarding Cars?

• Keep the 4 cars we have, 4 max of each but switch out SLS for RUF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the 4 cars we have no Max limit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish I could join you mate, thanks for tagging me. Schedule is Friday 5am for me and leave for work around then so won't be able to make any of these unfortunately :(. Hope it goes well mate!

Also, Karsten where are you from? I'm going to say Germany

Italy, "karsten" is my battle name of old :D

I wish I could join you mate, thanks for tagging me. Schedule is Friday 5am for me and leave for work around then so won't be able to make any of these unfortunately :(. Hope it goes well mate!

Crap!

Thanks oz, when dose this series start?

We're on drafting board and looking to get more people in; as soon as we get around 12-14 we can choose the starting day.

Talking about it, who would be available for a "Race day simulation" at around 8:30BST tonight?

I think it's time to test the two race format and to test the Race 2 with pit stops so that eventual tire wear issues for Aston and SLS can be exposed.

I would go for BRNO since most drivers does not seem to know the track :D

Please state if you'll be in:

@Zakspeed_TV @ozwheels @priesty_lfc @ErnstJ @xkubunt @Skaankypuppy @RodeRuner1967 @killerramsay @Over Active @Stephen Vann

Italy, "karsten" is my battle name of old :D

Crap!

We're on drafting board and looking to get more people in; as soon as we get around 12-14 we can choose the starting day.

Talking about it, who would be available for a "Race day simulation" at around 8:30BST tonight?

I think it's time to test the two race format and to test the Race 2 with pit stops so that eventual tire wear issues for Aston and SLS can be exposed.

I would go for BRNO since most drivers does not seem to know the track :D

Please state if you'll be in:

@Zakspeed_TV @ozwheels @priesty_lfc @ErnstJ @xkubunt @Skaankypuppy @RodeRuner1967 @killerramsay @Over Active @Stephen Vann
I should make it, but you should know there are a lot of pit stop bugs right now and most of them will ruin your race. If you look at the 1.4 patch notes you'll see all of the bugs are being fixed but the patch isn't out yet. I'm all for pitstops, just giving you a heads up.

I should make it, but you should know there are a lot of pit stop bugs right now and most of them will ruin your race. If you look at the 1.4 patch notes you'll see all of the bugs are being fixed but the patch isn't out yet. I'm all for pitstops, just giving you a heads up.

Well race 1 is supposedly without stop, what haPpens in race 2 we'll see; in the worst case we'll all quit room :D

Race 1 dry, race 2 will go cloudy, heavy rain, cloudy so, we'll have a test of dry, wet and drying up track.

Sounds good?

Well race 1 is supposedly without stop, what haPpens in race 2 we'll see; in the worst case we'll all quit room :D

Race 1 dry, race 2 will go cloudy, heavy rain, cloudy so, we'll have a test of dry, wet and drying up track.

Sounds good?

I'll try and make it, got a few things to do after work but I will probably have them done before.

Not been on the game for over a week boys couldn't go back to using a pad new wheel should be hear Monday according to amazon so fingers crossed haha

@azidahaka im down for tonight, pit stops are messed up tho.

Edit: Good chance to see how clean the racing is before i say yes :D

Double Edit :D my friend kie will race tonight too

Last edited:
I will join tonight :).
What time is the room open for practice?

I plan to be ready to start at 8:30 BST, i'll try to open room earlier to give all drivers some extra time.

@azidahaka im down for tonight, pit stops are messed up tho.

Edit: Good chance to see how clean the racing is before i say yes :D

Double Edit :D my friend kie will race tonight too

You are welcome as is your friend; in the races we had all was pretty smooth beside a couple hiccups due to a driver being on a track he never drove before, or testing which car to pick.

So far i'm pretty confident in all guys that signed up.

Oh and while racing please mics off! ;)

I'm in for the series, pretty busy with GT Academy atm but count me in!

GTP ID - xChris93_
PSN - xChris93_
Car - BMW Z4 GT3
Experience - FGTA champion (Constructors F1 and Driver GT300) and GTPES race winner (LMP1).

I'm in for the series, pretty busy with GT Academy atm but count me in!

GTP ID - xChris93_
PSN - xChris93_
Car - BMW Z4 GT3
Experience - FGTA champion (Constructors F1 and Driver GT300) and GTPES race winner (LMP1).

Welcome in mate! :) are you going to join tonight? Just a friendly racing

I will be about tonight, but only until about 21:30 BST, but if I can get in the first race in that time I will. I may not be able to get in the second one.

Everything is currently in draft stage, so i'll welcome all interest and suggestions that will come from all sources.

x9rYxKt.jpg

Welcome to The European GT3 Serie!

Welcome, drivers! After many years of committement to GT6 it's finally time to move forward, aiming at the future and this is the reason i'm giving birth to this serie.
About, me the organizer;

I'm azidahaka here on GTP, karsten_beoulve on PSN. I've been racing on GT5 and GT6, being a seasoned driver in the BTCC Serie that were run by @geeky and @rolo912011 , then i started my own pretty successful Endurance serie with the FGTA GT300 serie, and then the sponsored by @stephen_vann STORAGETRUNKS.co.uk series that had some outstanding drivers joining in like @xChris93_ @SkengD @ozwheels .... Along the time i had the Chance to partecipate in the GTP 6 Hours of Nurburgring GP/F - And i was one of the winners of GT Cup Class {With @NinjaEvo & @Storm_SP17} in the #74 GTORacing Lotus Elise 111R '04

All the drivers that raced along can be asked about my race behaviour and how seriously i take the Online Racing, i'm never one of the "Fast" guys, but i'm solid, fair and careful. And this are the drivers i wish will join up.

The serie in a nutshell

Every Thursday, at BST 8:00PM, we would have a race day.

The race day will be made of Practice sessions, Qualifying sessions and Races.

Room will be open early with practice, when time reaches 7:50PM we'll have a 10 minutes Q session that will decide the grid for Race 1.

Race 1 will be a "sprint" race. It'll be around 30 minutes long and there won't be any pit stop required. Pit lane will be opened in case drivers will need repairs.

After Race 1 ends we'll have a second Q session of 10 minutes for sorting Race 2 Grid. This will be changed if SMS will give us a reverse grid option in the future.

Race 2 will be Main Race and will last 60 minutes.

Room Details and weather

We'll use the most real settings available for both races concerning weather. Weather will be based on real weather forecasts this way all drivers will be able to test their setup with enough time and know what will happen. For what concerns time of the day we'll consider Race 1 to be held at 11:30 and Race 2 at 14:30.

We'll use http://www.myweather2.com/

Example of Real weather forecast translated to Ingame:

ifzsGyr.png

Race 1 Weather would be cloudy start moving to light rain

Race 2 weather would be light rain moving to cloudy

We'll race with REAL DAMAGES this should make clear enough by itself that contacts should be avoided as much as possible and that careful driving and respect are a MUST for this serie. Tire degradation and fuel usage will too be setted as Real as possible. ONLY DRIVING AID allowed will be ABS! So make sure you can manage yourself around the tracks safely with no aids.

CARS
Amongst the GT3 cars it seems there's too much differences in performance for allowing all choices, so after using a good amount of time testing the cars i made up my mind that for a good sport and exciting races some cars have to left out.

The available cars are:

BMW Z4 GT3
Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Mercedes SLS GT3

There will be 4 available of each cars so people signing up should state their preferences.

Championship, Points and Teams.

Drivers are encouraged to team up, if possible a veteran player or good tuner with a "newbie" or "average" one so that beinga team they might share their knowledge and help. The drivers in the same team must choose same car and same livery.

Points for race 1 will go from 16 for first down to 1 for last driver. In race 2 Points will go from 32 to 2 points for 16th classified.

In case of retires due to excessive damages standings will be completed by the lap the driver quitted.
1 point will be awarded for pole in each of the 2 sessions.

Balance of performance
Sadly SMS have been lazy giving us options so unless something changes there will be no success penalties.

TIERS?
I doubt this will be the case, but if there's an excessive amount of interest we might start different tiers.

How to signup or show interest
To signup just give

GTPlanetID/PSNID/Car of choice/driving experiences and in case you already have an idea of whom to team up with and the Team Name feel free to add it as an example:

azidahaka/karsten_beoulve/Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3/experienced-slow Team Scuderia Fronzini

After that just Befriend me on PSN and join me up anytime i'm around for some racing,and testing

The tracks
We'll focus on european tracks+ one extra europe round! The list is obviously not final, an i'll listen to suggestions from other drivers that signed up.

Imola
Spa
Nurburgring GP
Catalunya GP
Brno
Zolder
Silverstone

Extra european: Dubai GP

This would make up for a good start for the "Season Zero"

Driver's connections
Drivers can obviously connect here, but at race time we'll use a textual chat with all users racing in it (until SMS will give us room chat like in GT6 that is >_> ) Do No Use Mics! They cause all kind of lag and not all drivers will be able to hear you well if they do not have a headset.

PSN bajny
BMW z4
put me down if any slots left

IIRC a lap at Brno is a little over 2 mins, so i guess race one will be 14 Laps and race 2 will sit at 28?

Might only be able to make the first race today but I'll try and stick around. Depends on whether the other half doesn't mind putting up with it!

Also, I'll be using the Nvidia livery on the Z4 for the series.

Talking about z4s, they are the first sold out car! So BMW guys pair up forming the very first 2 teams! :) (remember same team same livery if possible)

Might only be able to make the first race today but I'll try and stick around. Depends on whether the other half doesn't mind putting up with it!

Also, I'll be using the Nvidia livery on the Z4 for the series.

Fancy teaming up?

I know the Nvidia livery as 2 schemes, what one do you run?

If you want to team up I'll just run the other one as I think one is black and one is white?

Fancy teaming up?

I know the Nvidia livery as 2 schemes, what one do you run?

If you want to team up I'll just run the other one as I think one is black and one is white?

Sure man, I like the black one but to be honest both the liveries look great so I don't mind.

Black one is #82 so I would guess the white is #83, if you have any preference that's all good.

Ok put us down mate:tup:

Zakspeed_TV
Z4
Clean racer

Kie25
Z4
Clean racer

We will team up not sure on livery yet

Ok put us down mate:tup:

Zakspeed_TV
Z4
Clean racer

Kie25
Z4
Clean racer

We will team up not sure on livery yet
I think the Z4 is sold out but i'm from my cellphone... There should be 3 Audis and 1 or 2 Astons available along 4 SLSs

The SLS might be quite unpopular with its naff brakes.
Really? I tested it along with all the other cars, but didn't had much issues with brakes?

Do you guys think i should drop the SLS and open extra slots on other cars? I wouldn't want to have a "all of the same" grid if possible, but i do not want people unhappy with the choices they have...

we'll have a vote about car limits, would hate to lose drivers to it as much having just 2 different cars on track..

Really? I tested it along with all the other cars, but didn't had much issues with brakes?

Do you guys think i should drop the SLS and open extra slots on other cars? I wouldn't want to have a "all of the same" grid if possible, but i do not want people unhappy with the choices they have...

I found it was bad on the brakes but it is a heavy car.

I've found pretty much all the GT3's are fairly even over a whole lap, the faster ones tend to be worse in the corners and vice versa.

Latest Posts

Back