[PS4] European GT3 Championship *spots available!*Taking Reserves!Thursday 23rd Race6 @ZolderOpen 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 934 comments

What is your preference regarding Cars?

• Keep the 4 cars we have, 4 max of each but switch out SLS for RUF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the 4 cars we have no Max limit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure man, I like the black one but to be honest both the liveries look great so I don't mind.

Black one is #82 so I would guess the white is #83, if you have any preference that's all good.

Cool,

Just pick yours and I'll be the other.

Will be back in the UK late weekend so will try and get on Sunday evening, if not I'm off Monday so will be about then too.

GTP - SkaankyPuppy
PSN - SkaankyPuppy
Car - Still deciding which one suits me the best
Experience: Moderate speed, clean as I can be.

I'll team up with you. You pick what car suits you.
GTPlanet- STALLIONO
PSN- STaLLiOnO_-
Car-
Experience- Clean Driver, can Race well in packs. Avg Speed

Last edited:
Cool,

Just pick yours and I'll be the other.

Will be back in the UK late weekend so will try and get on Sunday evening, if not I'm off Monday so will be about then too.

Sounds good, I'll be away for a few days next week so might not be around to practice past Sunday.

sorry i had to quit but i need to dine i'll be back in one hour or so. Btw i'm either the slowest guy ever at brno or zackspeed has a godly tune with his z4!

in 90 mins race starts. before we have q session and practice. I didn't had time to calc fuel... any help?
I meant time of day in game. On gt3 cars it gives you an average fuel usage if you look at the dash in cockpit can. You have to assign a button to scroll through the dash menus.

i stated it somewhere.... iirc race 1 at 1100 and race 2 at 14:30 or 15. on cellphone right now can't check

Worst race ever for me. Spun into the wall. After pitstop i got wet tyres :confused:. 2nd pitstop again wet tyres and crashed again. After the last pitstop i got soft tyres but was just too pissed off and quit.
Sorry for that.

Any chance i can change cars? Aston Martin was hard to drive. Just couldnt get a corner right:(.

Sorry about that last race Oz, lost a wheel on the SLS and zoned out while struggling back to the pits, logged off cause I was so tired.

Good few races there, I was doing ok at Brno until it rained and I pitted and got screwed by the pressures. Had a decent battle or two - I lost all of them in the end!

Thanks to all that were in for the test!

Been thinking about yesterday's test and i've got a lot of things to think about

The good
We have good drivers in, and that is precious. Fast and clean.

The bad
Altought we have lots of good fast drivers it won't matter at all for tuning alone can mean 5 or more secopnds gap. This means the grid will split in 2 or 3 parts seconds or minutes afar. Didn't see this coming, honestly for in the earlier test with untuned cars all drivers were within half a second.

The ugly
No way this issue can be fixed since sms didn't gave us any way to enforce success penalty or force stock setup, so we have to live with it. Only thing i can do to lessen this issue is asking some tuners to provide a base setup that will be mildly competitive on most tracks and make it available for all drivers. Wouldn't want to have the series drivers drop out or leave due to being completely off pace; if one wants to race alone he'll time trial or race with ai. That would be a massive failure for we love racing with humans :D

So i'll listen to all suggestions ideas etc etc...

Also shall we drop sls and bring on ruf?

Fixed that for you! ;)

The SLS is a bit of a beast, plus it lacks final gear tuning so it's a bit limited.

I'd be happy with either, from the tests and practice races in the other GT3 championship they seem to be fairly well matched to the Z4, Audi and Aston.

The mclaren is way too fast, all would switch or want to switch to it.

I have to disagree. All cars have there strengths and weakness. Every player has a different driving style's. Some are good on corner entry or exit, while others players are good on brakes and race awareness and others are just very good on tuning.

Players choose cars which suite there driving style. The Mclaren is my favorite car in game not because its the fastest, Its not. Yes its stronger on some tracks and very weak at others, but I do not know were you are getting your terminology from without backing it up with facts.

Anyway man I understand its your race series you can choose rules were you see fit. I didn't realize the series was limited to cars when I signed up. When you see GT3 you just presume its all cars.

I'm going to drop out more to do with having the time to turn up. Wish you all the best in the series.

The mclaren is way too fast, all would switch or want to switch to it.

I probably wouldn't. I found it too crashy over bumps and it does not ride the kerbs well, meaning I always end up sticking it off the road at times.

Don't pull out McGerty, hopefully this can be sorted.

I have to disagree. All cars have there strengths and weakness. Every player has a different driving style's. Some are good on corner entry or exit, while others players are good on brakes and race awareness and others are just very good on tuning.

Players choose cars which suite there driving style. The Mclaren is my favorite car in game not because its the fastest, Its not. Yes its stronger on some tracks and very weak at others, but I do not know were you are getting your terminology from without backing it up with facts.

Anyway man I understand its your race series you can choose rules were you see fit. I didn't realize the series was limited to cars when I signed up. When you see GT3 you just presume its all cars.

I'm going to drop out more to do with having the time to turn up. Wish you all the best in the series.

I run all the cars for hours on 3/4 tracks and the mclaren was the fastest by 0.8 up to 1.2 seconds on all of them. Do you have different evidence of it? If so bring them out. Certainly there must be a reason the car is that popular.

Concerning car choices i stated that we might open more car slots along in the topic and asked for feedback. Only feed i got was suggestion to take out sls for ruf. Also ypou said when you read gt3 you do not think there's limitation in choices... That is the reason all series have a first topic to be read :D and again i never stated i would not listen to suggestions.

So in the end what is the issue? That you can't have mclaren? ?_?

I probably wouldn't. I found it too crashy over bumps and it does not ride the kerbs well, meaning I always end up sticking it off the road at times.

Don't pull out McGerty, hopefully this can be sorted.

In my test you have no reasons to get on kerbs for the cars is that much faster.

In any case as i stated nothing is final, show me i'm wrong.

I went for just 4 cars because in my hours of tests were the only 4 that had comparable pace everywhere, and my main reason for the limits was creating as much close and varied racing as possible.

Since this seems an issue for some drivers that have a fave car, or one with a setup they do not want to surrender i'll create a poll for people to vote into.

If to keep the 4 we have with 4 each
If allowing all cars any number
If allowing all cars max 4 of each

I have also tested for Stalliono series. I have to say I have tested Austin Martin and Mclaren on three particular tracks in his series. On one track alone I was 0.8xx quicker in the Austin with same setup. Overall I was 2 to 3 tents quicker in the Austin on those three tracks. In Stalliono series I'm still picking the McLaren. Why! Because its a car I feel more comfortable in when you are racing for up to 1 to 2 hours. The way I race I look for consistency and error free and if you do that racing is more enjoyable not when your in a car that you feel nervous in and unpredictable.

Karsten there is no issue. I signed up in hast as a friend told me about the series before I looked at the rules.
As i said before its your series and best of luck. Its just not for me.

In my opinion you may need more than one person testing the cars to see how equal they are as some cars will suit some peoples driving styles while other cars will suit others better. In my experience with the GT3 cars so far I've found them all pretty equal, some are stronger on certain tracks, but this highlights the need to have varied styles of tracks rather than dropping cars. I believe you need a mix of circuits with tight twisty tracks and others with longer straights etc. It has been highlighted that a good tune can make a significant difference in terms of lap time so maybe the cars are more equal than they first appear?
Anyway just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents as it might provide some food for thought. I could of course be completely wrong. Good luck with your series. :cheers:

Pool added. This will close the matter.

Cast your votes, i won't partecipate in voting, being the organizer.

Back