[PS4] MONDAYS: Aston Martin DBR1/300 1959 - 20:30-21:30BST - Season 2 - Champion SimbaloraFinished 

Did some testing, at Oulton Park, in the Aston Martin, 6 lap race, full grid and in storm.
I was first time drove in the wet, on this game, looks very good. Boost was off.
Repeated with boost on, I could see the cars, a little clearer, through the spray.
Was quite hard work, driving in the rain, you have to concentrate.

If anyone has the boost mode, give it a test see what you think and lets know.

Picture 28.jpg

that was quite a race for me, thanks guys.

By the way: I keep my microphone off not because I don´t want to speak with you but it is very hard to understand everything just because english is not my mothers language, and you are speaking much too fast.

Cheers

Round 2 from Oulton Park

I really enjoyed the race - lots of small mistakes so plenty of potential to improve, but no major offs. After a good start from 6th and finding myself slipping into 4th, the inevitable pressure from faster drivers led to a mistake, slipping wide and dropping to 8th. It was very pleasing to be able to take back a couple of spots to finish 6th. Great pace from SimbaLora as usual and a big welcome to debut winner JayDiesle. Hopefully next week we will be joined by @jake2013guy

We had 5 AI cars on track which took us to a full grid of 16 cars. I am hoping to reduce the AI as we build the number of regular drivers. At this track I was able to stay ahead of the AI cars, but at the previous round I had some good battles with them, finding that I could pass them on the brakes, but was less brave at other parts of the track. The 5 minute Warmup worked well giving the opportunity to take a comfort break if needed so that will now be a regular part of the schedule.

Round 2 Oulton Park.jpg

Above - disconnection points added for @richroo for Round 1 - please let me know if the table is now correct Rich.

Below - I should have posted this before the race, but better late than never - the excellent promotional film made to mark the opening of the Oulton Park circuit in 1953. Note the loop which forms part of the International circuit layout had been started, but not completed when the film was made.

Below - the late great Gerry Marshall in action at Oulton Park- one of the UK's greatest racers and possibly the world's winningest driver with over 600 wins. Car is the 5.0 V8 Repco Holden engined Vauxhall Firenza Super Saloon "Baby Bertha"

Next Round 3 from Hockenheim Classic

If they are spots still open I would like to join in

Been out of racing for awhile trying to get back into it. Miss it

Welcome back! Just send me a Friend Request and I'll make sure you get a race invitation. Try to be online by 20:25 as we normally start promptly. Today's race is from Hockenheim Classic.

PS - I just noticed you are in the USA - hopefully the time is convenient for you - 20:30 GMT (20:30 BST with effect from the end of March). If the time is good we also have a Wednesday series starting in April.

Last edited:
Sorry didnt get back till just now. But I think I can race every other Monday. I work night shift here so I'll try to get my days off on Mondays but can't wait to get back in the action. I don't have a great setup to drive right now and my race pace is off where I've been out for awhile so it take some time to get back up to speed

By the way do u all get together during the week and practice?

I don't normally get much time for practise, but if you send friend requests to the other guys who have posted in the thread there will often be someone on who you can practise with. Also some of us are online at unusual hours due to shift work, geographic location / time differences or retirement.

Looking forward to seeing you on track soon - you missed a cracking race!

Nice pictures John!

Would anyone be able to confirm the results of Monday's race? I am waiting to update the championship table. The screenshots by Andreas / SimbaLora show Richroo in 9th and so did my TV screen / game, but in the last lap of the race he was just behind me with Skip just behind him. Can anyone say what happened in the last part of the last lap? Maybe @richroo and / or @Skip7950

As i watched most of the race from the pits i can confirm Rich being 4th coming into the mercedes complex, with you Sick ahead and Skip a bit behind Rich. I didnt see the checkered flag so maybe something happened in the last turns. On my screen Rich were first shown as 4th but dropped down to last position which was a bit strange. The results table can be a bit weird in this game.

Well bad news I don't have the dbr 1. Thought I had got it. And need like three dollars to get it lol. And I don't have the funds to get it. No extra money for awhile. This sucks

Well bad news I don't have the dbr 1. Thought I had got it. And need like three dollars to get it lol. And I don't have the funds to get it. No extra money for awhile. This sucks

I think you can still race even if you don't have the DLC, but you can't practise before the race - perhaps @buybon355 and others with more knowledge than me can confirm this.

I bought the Game of the Year Edition of Project Cars which includes all the DLC cars and tracks - there wasn't much difference in price between this and the basic version of the game, but you get 50 extra cars. Trouble is, if you already have the basic version of the game, you can't transfer over your game progress to the Game of the Year Edition - you have to start the game again.

Results from the last race:

Round 3 Hockenheim Classic.jpg

I'm doing career, its very good, how many seasons with the 125 shifter kart.
I only seem to get offers, form team I'm racing with, like get the bigger karts.

I only seem to get offers, form team I'm racing with, like get the bigger karts.

I haven't started the career yet John - I'm sure the others will have done and can comment or give you any advice if you need some.

Just a reminder to everyone that the time in the UK has just changed from GMT to BST (British Summer Time), therefore if you are not in the UK please check BST against your local time to make sure you don't miss the meeting on Monday which will start at 20:30 BST. Sometimes in the past we have had people turn up an hour early or an hour late!

As i watched most of the race from the pits i can confirm Rich being 4th coming into the mercedes complex, with you Sick ahead and Skip a bit behind Rich. I didnt see the checkered flag so maybe something happened in the last turns. On my screen Rich were first shown as 4th but dropped down to last position which was a bit strange. The results table can be a bit weird in this game.

That is correct...Seems to be no reason Rich was put in 9th spot...I should be 5th and Rich 4th as far as I know. Sorry, I meant to answer this sooner!

Sick,
PaulBee asked me to let you know he can't race tomorrow, he is on holiday till Friday....

Also, thanks for the time clarification! We went on daylight savings time a couple weeks ago, so we in USA are now synced again with UK time as such:
EST = 5 hours behind UK
CST = 6 hours
MST= 7 hours
PST = 8 hours

Hi John,
In Pcars, you can move up in class whenever you wish. It does not require a goal met to move up in class like GT6. You can even have multiple careers at once if you want! You can start each class at the beginning, or at any level up the ladder if you want....
Does this help you??

Back