PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 200 27.5%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
I'm getting the PS4 version, definitely. If I bought a PS5, it would've only been for GT7 anyway, so I think this rules out my need for a PS5 entirely.

Well i put my name for a ps5 so im gonna wait a few months which is fine.

So im getting GT7 and BF2042 for PS5. I wont be buying anymore PS4 games as Insurgency Sandstorm will be the last one for me before I transition to the PS5.

If my PS5 takes long to come im fine with it as GT7 gets released next year anywhere. Perfect time as im willing to wait.

At this point, neither. I don't have a PS4 and I'm not getting a PS5 any time soon because Planet Earth. And what Polyphony is showing me is not making me fall over myself to try and get hardware to play the game. I'm sure I'll end up with a console eventually and I'll buy the game and play it, but at this point I have no firm intentions of making an effort to get and play the game in the first six months of release.

Polyphony are free to try and change my mind - I bought Gran Turismos 1 through 6 so I'm clearly a potential customer. They just need to show me something that I deem worth spending my money on.

I've just pre-ordered the digital version of the 25th Anniversary edition. I was fortunate enough to pin down a PS5 a few months back so all set to go for the best possible GT7 experience as soon as it unlocks. :cool:

Now I'm just hoping the deluxe and pre-order bonuses like the cars and credits don't get automatically applied. I'd like the "true" experience of going into the game with just enough to buy a used car without having to remember to keep track of how much I'm "meant" to have. Then once I'm established, I can claim the bonuses at a later date.

I'll likely go for the PS4 version seeing as it's very difficult to get a PS5 at the moment. If by some miracle, I manage to get one within the next few months then i'll get the 25th Anniversary Edition.

25th anniversary on PS4, hopefully PS5s will have been restocked by then because i'm not paying $900 for a second-hand one unless there's a major difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions.

PS4, hands down. It's too hard to get a PS5 right now, and I'm not worried about missing out on actual content in the PS4 version of GT7. I'm sure if PS4 users ended up missing out on DLC or something, there'd be outrage.

Thinking of getting the 25th anniversary edition, anyone know if the PS4 version can be given away or sold? If it's just a code you should be able to, I guess, but maybe it's included with the DLC in which case you would have to give away/sell the DLC as well (which is actually not that much of a problem to me)

PS4 Standard Edition. GT7 doesn't really look like a game that would be worth a purchase of a unicorn for.

My plan is to have a PS5 by release, my PS4 is overworked. I should probably be happy it's lasted this long.

I look at it as long term, the sooner I buy, the sooner I can start splitting it over hours/days played. Originally I was going to wait for the first console price drop. The release of GT will decide that.

But if I can't get a new console, I will gladly get the PS4 version and keep my fingers crossed the PS4 lasts as long as a Toyota truck.

Welp lol
Note: I don't have a PS5 yet, but I expect to get one at some point between Jan and Feb (amazon mexico is constantly getting stock so shouldn't be that hard )
Screenshot_20210922-112812_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
It only makes sense to buy the PS5 version, which I did. The 25th Anniversary box. The PS4 version is included which is what I'm actually going to play unless I've sourced a PS5 by then but I probably won't even begin shopping until release time.
Me too Pre ordered the 25th anniversary edition as I have a ps5 already, can't wait... :D

I got my first PS4 in december 2018... 5 years after the launch, and GTS at the same time. So I think I will wait a bit, just hoping that GTS will remain payable for a moment.

PS5 is hard to find and I won't mind waiting for PS5 slim or something like that.

I've just changed my "old" PS4 fat 500Go for a PS4 Slim 1To (not the GT Edition, too bad) and I even gain some $ in the exchange. Listed the fat 20$ more than I paid for the slim to manage some bargaining margin but someone took it at full price, and for both I've had meet ups with seller/buyer 5min walking distance from my place, perfect ! And as a bonus I got Assetto Corsa Competizione brand new with the Slim.

If GT7 runs ok on a PS4 maybe I'll buy it sooner. But I won't mind paying much less by taking it later (paid 9$ for GTS, a real bargain)

Not very optimistic about the availability of PS5 in march (and there is Thanksgiving and Christmas before that).

Last edited:
Back