PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
As my PS5 is the digi one I thought I may aswell get the bells and whistles version,part of me is sad that I can't have the disc version this time around but oh well.(I gave my PS4 to a friend).

The more I think about it, the more the 25th Anniversary Edition PS5 Physical Disc version makes sense to me going forward. On top of having a combined total of 1,100,000 credits (Ballin') as well as having my second ever steelbook and a soundtrack and the 3 bonus cars, I get to have both the PS4 version and when I actually can secure a PS5, I already have the physical disc ready for the PS5 version without having to pay the extra $10 to upgrade. Just feels like the most sensible option at the moment even if its abit pricey.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the 25th anniversary edition. I purchased (very lucky indeed!) my PS5 specifically to play the next GT game and currently only use it as a movie streaming box... The odd thing about getting the PS5 is I was told it could be a 6 month wait after placing my deposit. I was fine with that but then I got an email in less than 2 weeks telling me it was in. I didn't even have all the money by then and had to borrow some. The PS5, the GT7 game.. quite the expensive exercise for me during these trying times. I hope you all are able to get what you need and stay safe doing it!

Well i put my name for a ps5 so im gonna wait a few months which is fine.

So im getting GT7 and BF2042 for PS5. I wont be buying anymore PS4 games as Insurgency Sandstorm will be the last one for me before I transition to the PS5.

If my PS5 takes long to come im fine with it as GT7 gets released next year anywhere. Perfect time as im willing to wait.
Insurgency is running at 30fps on PS4 and PS4 Pro. But the upgrade to PS5 4K60 will be free so you might as well play it and unlock stuff and get good, etc.

Definitely PS5 at the very least since I own one, just trying to decide on if I want to pick up the anniversary edition. Side note, I’m surprised polyphony isn’t trying to push 120fps considering what Kaz said last year about how high framerates taking priority over resolution for the future of the series

Though I do feel really torn because I don’t actually want the extra credits and cars and stuff, so I’m thinking I’d just spend all the money at the beginning on for fun cars that wouldn’t be helpful in the campaign. And just avoid using the cars I get gifted
I mainly want the steel book and soundtrack, I think the soundtrack is the main thing I’m holding out for until I see what it’ll consist of. Because if it’s pretty beefy and has a great selection then I’d be willing to fork over money for the anniversary edition

Last edited:
Definitely PS5 at the very least since I own one, just trying to decide on if I want to pick up the anniversary edition. Side note, I’m surprised polyphony isn’t trying to push 120fps considering what Kaz said last year about how high framerates taking priority over resolution for the future of the series

Though I do feel really torn because I don’t actually want the extra credits and cars and stuff, so I’m thinking I’d just spend all the money at the beginning on for fun cars that wouldn’t be helpful in the campaign. And just avoid using the cars I get gifted
I mainly want the steel book and soundtrack, I think the soundtrack is the main thing I’m holding out for until I see what it’ll consist of. Because if it’s pretty beefy and has a great selection then I’d be willing to fork over money for the anniversary edition
He said it depends on how much they can optimize further but it's not guaranteed to happen. I'm glad Polyphony/Kaz placed a bigger focus on other gameplay features during development for launch like Dynamic time transitions and weather simulation as opposed to using dev resources on features for niche devices. As Kaz stated, very few homes even have TVs capable of 120hz at the moment. Looking at the list of 120hz games on PS5/Xbox Series, they all have static pre-baked time of day even at 1080p to reach 120hz.

I'm way happier and hyped for GT7 now that PD successfully optimized dynamic time and weather into GT7.

Last edited:
You should add a poll.

There's no way in hell I'm buy GT7 for PS4.
1) The installation process on PS4 is a pain in the arse, especially since it requires double the space of the game to install updates, rebuild everything (takes hours sometimes) and I only have 500GB HDD with other games on it, obviously. I don't want to waste my energy with this anymore. GTS already made me uninstall important games such as FF7 Remake and God of War.
2) The PS4 is 8 years old hardware, it made its time. I want better graphics other than better HDD management and loading times. I don't believe the two versions will be the same, visually. I'll wait and see the real comparison between PS4 and PS5
3) My 2013 console could fail at anytime

I'd rather wait one year to get a PS5 and play GT7 the way it's supposed to. I'll also get a new HDTV....I'm still using my 2008 Sharp Aquos X20E.
External HD is the way to go. Your going to need one anyway to play PS4 games on a PS5. Get a 4TB. You'll never run out of space.

I am buying the physical PS5 Deluxe Edition.
Pre ordered it from Gamestop, this will be a keep sake that will not be opened. Also buying the PS5 deluxe Digital Edi...
I need to see this Game in its Native Format 4k or 8k.

Last edited:
I'm very much undecided as to which version I will get.
I haven't purchased a PS5 yet and I'm still using my original PS4.

Bit concerned that GT7 might turn my base PS4 into a jet engine with the dynamic time and weather features as well as ray tracing in photo mode. Some of the GT Sport menu screens already turn my PS4 into a light plane and they don't have ray tracing (to my understanding).

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of a PS5 since there are still not too many games on the new gen consoles that peak my interest and it is still quite expensive, not that you can actually find one to buy anyway.

So yeah, options are to get a PS4 copy straight away, save a bit of money not buying a PS5 but risk my PS4 melting (obviously that's an exaggeration), or fork out for a PS5 and get the PS5 version whenever I can (which likely won't be straight away).

Standard edition, PS5.

I don't pay real money for digital currency.
I will likely buy it the day before release to get the pre-order bonus.

For those pre-ordering the digital versions and paying out money for it now, why?! That's insane!
Why is it insane to put a pre-order down already? If you know you're gonna be buying the game anyways, might as well get it as soon as possible. I did the same with Battlefield 2042, pre-ordered immediatly after the first trailer dropped as I knew I was gonna buy it anyways. For me with GT7, the only reason I haven't preordered yet is because it could get delayed again and I'm not gonna spend 80 big ones on a game I might not be able to play for another year orso. GT7 has yet to fully convince me into buying it at launch and the preorder bonusses are not really worth it imo.

Just pre ordered the 25th anniversary disc version for the PS5. Hopefully I can get a ps5 by the time it comes out.

If i will buy it. It will surely be PS5 ver. But only after i see gameplay footage and how many original tracks (not destroyed like Trial Mountain is) made it into the game and various other things such as cutting the chase the rabbit racing scheme and very slow AI.
Also because i skipped GTSport for being uninteresting, so i will straight buy PS5 or nothing.

Last edited:
With all the taxes here included I'm gonna skip the Steelbook edition as well as the PS4 version. I'm gonna pick up the PS5 boxed version when I'll be able to get a PS5 around Fall 2022.

I just changed my mind, I want the game digital, because I play it a lot, so I don't have to keep putting the disc in everytime. Will go for the standard version, don't really need all that DLC.

I just changed my mind, I want the game digital, because I play it a lot, so I don't have to keep putting the disc in everytime. Will go for the standard version, don't really need all that DLC.
Yeah, same for me. I wanted the disc version at first, but I realize how much I dislike having to lean over and swap discs every time I wanna play a different game. Digital editions just make it easier to quickly swap between games, especially on the PS5. Digital Edition it is for me, now I gotta decide if I want de Anniversary one or not...

Regardless which version you buy, im being cagey with GT7 I want to know what im getting first... If its GTS clone with just a couple of tracks/cars added I will wait for a cheaper copy and for at least 12 months of content updates first... I adore GTS despite its flaws, but I cant bring myself to play the game as Ive completely rinsed it to death... fingers crossed they make new tracks, not just add in old track rehashes (fun yes, but quickly become boring!). Familiarity brings contempt.

Regardless which version you buy, im being cagey with GT7 I want to know what im getting first... If its GTS clone with just a couple of tracks/cars added I will wait for a cheaper copy and for at least 12 months of content updates first... I adore GTS despite its flaws, but I cant bring myself to play the game as Ive completely rinsed it to death... fingers crossed they make new tracks, not just add in old track rehashes (fun yes, but quickly become boring!). Familiarity brings contempt.
Same for me. I always took Gran Turismo as a spectacular car show with excellent graphics, but the last trailer made me feel like they had a crisis or something, I noticed a few mistakes and inconsistent quality of graphics in few shots that I hadn't noticed before.

Last edited:
420 Cars 90 Track routes, that's not nothing, a lot better than with what GT Sport started with. Also the dynamic weather is a nice addition. And the fact there's a number behind this GT means it's going to be more like GT6 than GT Sport, except maybe graphics (of course it'll be better on PS5, but I doubt it'll be much better on PS4 pro) and physics wise.
I think GT Sport will be more like a part of the game, but not the main feature. It'll also be a lot more single player focused, although you do need an always online connection...

Last edited:
I have a PS4 Pro. Since PS5 it´s too expensive for the current game library it has and my console has been working wonderful with a great 4K upscaled resolution, I will probaly have this console during 2022 as well. If I have to pay a small upgrade later for a PS5 version, I gladly will.

Last edited:
PS4 Standard... Don't own Ps5 plus being quite old-fashioned I don't lke digital versions... In time probably upgrade it when I'll find [Ps5] at a more affordable price... 😜

Last edited:
Back