PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
I’m undecided what version I’m getting…mainly because I haven’t been able to get my hands on a PS5. They are beyond difficult to get in the states
Set up an alert for Best Buy drops. It's easiest by far.

I will be getting some PS5 version of the game eventually, but that depends on when I will be able to order a PS5 at list price without jumping through hoops come March (or rather any time after that).

As long as Sony can't supply the hardware, I won't be buying GT7.

Not until GT7 will be supported on my Commadore 64 :) :) :)
You'd probably have to run in excess of 1 million cassettes through the C2N to load the game, if you somehow managed to glean the memory from a quarter of a million C64's to overcome the slight memory deficiency.

Anyhow...

Managed to order a PS5 today, so I'll be getting the best edition I can for that.

If you look at F1 2021 videos on youtube you will se that there is not a big difference between Ps4/Ps5 visualy. Even lees between Ps4 pro/Ps5. So thanks to Sony who save me 700 euros for new console. I will play it on Ps4 slim.

It's not the difference in console power that explains the F1 2021 et al similarities, but the coding IMHO, mate.

Will get a copy for my ps4 pro, even if i wanted a ps5 not paying what they are asking for them at the moment, and will wait till it's been out a while

If you look at F1 2021 videos on youtube you will se that there is not a big difference between Ps4/Ps5 visualy. Even lees between Ps4 pro/Ps5. So thanks to Sony who save me 700 euros for new console. I will play it on Ps4 slim.
I got the dual console version Anniversary Edition blah blah to play it on the PS4 while PS5 gets to decent price level, if it ever gets there...

I already preordered 2x digital deluxe edition on my primary and secondary PSN accounts. I should buy 4 to fully saturate the current racing chair setup (which is 4x chairs/wheels/PCs and consoles), but I only managed to score 2 PS5 so far.

I'll get the standard PS5 edition because here in Australia, the physical PS4 version is $89, the PS5 version is $109 and the 25th anniversary steel book edition is $154!

I already preordered 2x digital deluxe edition on my primary and secondary PSN accounts. I should buy 4 to fully saturate the current racing chair setup (which is 4x chairs/wheels/PCs and consoles), but I only managed to score 2 PS5 so far.
Wow! Why so many setups/consoles? Do you have like a group of people you race together with irl?

Wow! Why so many setups/consoles? Do you have like a group of people you race together with irl?
Yes, it's for my friends who regularly come over and play it together. They're not sim racing enthusiasts though. They're track buddies and it's just pretty much all of them think they're faster than the others (but they got a worse lap time on real track only because they drive a worse car, or on a worse condition, etc), so we often settle things on games.

Yes, it's for my friends who regularly come over and play it together. They're not sim racing enthusiasts though. They're track buddies and it's just pretty much all of them think they're faster than the others (but they got a worse lap time on real track only because they drive a worse car, or on a worse condition, etc), so we often settle things on games.
Holy crap, that's so awesome!

I’ve not got a PS4 or 5 yet but GT7 looks brilliant so would like to buy it next year. It depends on the if I think the difference in price versus extra longevity justifies a PS5. I'll probably order the Anniversary edition as it contains both options, plus bonuses.

I assume not, but does anyone know if the extras that come with the anniversary edition (cars + credits) can be applied for both the PS4 digital and PS5 disc version if I upgraded later on?

I’ve not got a PS4 or 5 yet but GT7 looks brilliant so would like to buy it next year. It depends on the if I think the difference in price versus extra longevity justifies a PS5. I'll probably order the Anniversary edition as it contains both options, plus bonuses.

I assume not, but does anyone know if the extras that come with the anniversary edition (cars + credits) can be applied for both the PS4 digital and PS5 disc version if I upgraded later on?
If you don't own any console yet, I'd aim for the PS5 at this point in time. More longevity and it already plays the entire PS4 library. There's nothing to lose.

Voted PS4. The DLC is nice, but most of it is coming with the pre-order of either game anyway, so I'll get that for the PS4, then later if there is GT8 on PS5, both the PS5 and GT7 will be cheaper at that point, they may even release a version of GT7 that is cheaper with a bunch of DLC, who knows, but since I don't have to buy a new console for GT7, I won't be.

Neither.

Sold my PS5 a couple days ago. Compare BF2042 on next gen consoles to last gen if you want an idea of how bad the PS4 is going to hold GT7 back.

I just can't be bothered anymore. The track list is underwhelming, GT mode looks like another reskin of a game mode that hasn't been seriously updated in over 2 decades. 16 car fields yet again for the third console generation in a row is just a slap in the face.

GT is pretty much Madden NFL. Countless legacy issues that are never addressed and fixed, slow innovation, puzzling removal of key features, gameplay that is heavily prioritized toward casuals and not the core fanbase.

I just can't be bothered anymore.

Last edited:
Welp…. After 2 months of trying to get a PS5 every Best Buy and Walmart drop, I had just about given up. Then my wife gave me one of my Christmas presents, and inside a box was a paper which I unfolded.

And the paper was an order confirmation for a PS5!!!! To make the whole situation even more funny. She was able to nab one on her first try 😂

This is me telling (and showing) anyone who asks what I got for Christmas
73258A64-BD7F-4F66-BAC8-282E83F52DDE.gif

Does anyone know if for sure what we can do with the PS4 code if we get the digital deluxe anniversary edition thingee??

I might put the PS4 version on my dads console. He won’t know the difference

Last edited:
Neither.

Sold my PS5 a couple days ago. Compare BF2042 on next gen consoles to last gen if you want an idea of how bad the PS4 is going to hold GT7 back.

I just can't be bothered anymore. The track list is underwhelming, GT mode looks like another reskin of a game mode that hasn't been seriously updated in over 2 decades. 16 car fields yet again for the third console generation in a row is just a slap in the face.

GT is pretty much Madden NFL. Countless legacy issues that are never addressed and fixed, slow innovation, puzzling removal of key features, gameplay that is heavily prioritized toward casuals and not the core fanbase.

I just can't be bothered anymore.
I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but after GT Sport today... so hard finding a decent lobby, and if you're about to start a race, it just glitches out. Plus, that stupid wheel of fortune which is just a wheel of torture at some point. Can't be bothered anymore either. Just so tired of GT, wouldn't take it for free at this point. Maybe in a year if they fixed their glitches (looks like they need 2-3 years though) and PS5 is actually available.

Why is this forum so polluted with people who aren't going to buy the game? Surely you people have something better to do than comment on a game forum for a game you have no intention of playing. You don't like the game? No one cares. Go to a different forum and discuss a game you do actually play or intend to buy.

Last edited:
I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but after GT Sport today... so hard finding a decent lobby, and if you're about to start a race, it just glitches out. Plus, that stupid wheel of fortune which is just a wheel of torture at some point. Can't be bothered anymore either. Just so tired of GT, wouldn't take it for free at this point. Maybe in a year if they fixed their glitches (looks like they need 2-3 years though) and PS5 is actually available.
Why blame internet connection problems on the game?? What is the big deal about giving up 10 seconds of time whole you win a new car? Seems a lot to complain about for nothing.

Why blame internet connection problems on the game?? What is the big deal about giving up 10 seconds of time whole you win a new car? Seems a lot to complain about for nothing.
It's not my connection, and i can tell you the connection of some others is just fine aswell. Absolutely no issues on other games either... but on GT Sport it's like atleast once a day. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hard to find a good lobby to play with in first place. This is definitely some shoddy netcode.

If there are issues, atleast tell me before. We have no indicators apart from the green bars. Don't make me wait like 20 minutes until the host starts the race, just to let me hanging there on the grid. And yeah, 10 seconds every time. For how many days now? Just put a random car in my garage (mostly trash or **** you already have anyways) so i can delete it right away. Just takes away time, that is all. If i could disable this "feature", i'd do it. Own 95% of all cars anyways, already have many duplicates with different liveries. Enough is enough after a couple years getting a damn 90hp Honda.

Will pass on it unless there are atleast a couple more tracks and no bugs at start. Not in a hurry to play it. And if that AI and SP turns out to be as bad as in GT Sport, well...

I was thinking a preorder for the anniversary edition but .......
But since ps5 is way hard to find it alone ( impossible in fact ) ,ill wait till the game hit the stores and perhaps ill buy it as a bundle with gt7 later at a logical price.
Also i will avoid the risk to have the game and not the console to play it.
I don't have a ps4 anyway so a new ps5 and ps5 game version seems like the only way to go .
Also i will have the advantage to learn about the game from the community and evaluate if is really worth to buy it ,the same happens with ps4 and gt sport and i never regret it .

I've been giving this some thought....the main deciding factor for me is whether or not the devs at GIMX can get wheel compatibility working for the PS5 in time for the release of the game. If they can't, then I'm probably going to go with the PS4 version, since that will guarantee I'll be able to play the game with my current PC sim racing hardware(Bodnar Direct Drive wheel, Quaife H-Pattern shifter, Heusinveld HE pedals, etc) which already works very well with GT Sport on PS4.

Which brings me to my question. Given what we know so far, besides the loading times, what differences can we expect between the two versions graphically? I mean, I'm still rocking a 1080P display, and have no plans to upgrade to a 4K one any time soon. Can we at least expect 1080P 60fps for the PS4 version? how scaled back will it be? Will any corners be cut in your opinion?

Seeing as Sony gave me £100 in PSN credit today I’ve ordered the PS4 version.

As that is £60

If or when I get a PS5 I’ll pay the £10 to upgrade. The naff token extras of the 25th anniversary edition did not inspire me to spend an extra £20.

Back