ps4 or xbox one version?

• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 108 comments
Both PS4 and Xbox One versions will be 100% equal.

Since I have an Xbox One I want to believe what you are saying, but the fact that there's been zero Xbox One footage other than some off-screen video months ago I have a hard time thinking they will be equal.

Since I have an Xbox One I want to believe what you are saying, but the fact that there's been zero Xbox One footage other than some off-screen video months ago I have a hard time thinking they will be equal.

Then go with PS4 if it does not really matter :-)

Are you guys sure?! what about "900p gate?! There are are alot of examples.
So I would say, go for ps4!

If I had the consoles and had to choose one of them for the game it would be XBox just because of the friends list I have there for racing and the party chat features of XBox live. I assume PSN+ will have something like this on PS4 also so may not be a factor.

That said I do not own either console and will not buy one for a game that will be available and probably better for the PC. Add to that that my existing wheels all support PC play but neither of the new consoles so that makes it a no brainer here.

I'm getting the Xbox version and PC versions myself. Otherwise I'd go for the one where you have more people you know playing it. I think ps4 will be a little better looking, as always, so take that into consideration also.

I own both consoles and both have their own merits.

As @swg mentioned, the Xbox One has vibration feedback built into the triggers which is great if you're stuck with a controller. The PS4's party chat's better than the Xbox (in the sense that it's quick to use and stable), but the Xbox has more features in it.

The PS4 will probably be 1080p while the Xbox may be 900p or 900p upscaled but it's not a noticeable difference unless you had two 40" TVs next to each other directly comparing them.

Get the game on the platform on which most of your friends play.

Damn ....... to late , i just bought PS4 for Projectcars because a new PC wazzzaa a little bit to expansive .

Greets
I meant it's not worth it if you have a Xbox one already. If you don't or if a PC is too expensive, I would rather buy the ps4 of course!

Xbox One for me....SMS has not announced the resolution for the X version though. PS4 will be 1080p. If SMS decided to use the extra processor Microsoft unlocked for developers about 4-5 months ago it could run 1080p as well. I've asked about the resolution a couple of times on Twitter but no answer from SMS. Controller and Xbox live friends are priority though!

In a perfect world, yes, but I'm fairly certain the lack of X1 footage, plus the fact that most developers are able to squeeze out a bit more performance from the PS4, will result in the PS4 version being slightly better. That's the version I'll be getting.

To the OP: get the game on which ever system you have the most racing buddies!

I feel the xbox one is too much about apps and other cpu things,i have a xbox one and it just sits,i play all my games on the ps4..

I-dont-believe-you.gif

I haven't used or seen an xbox one controller but the ps4 controller's sticks wear very quickly. That being said, if you don't want to buy a lot of controllers, get the xbox one version.

I haven't used or seen an xbox one controller but the ps4 controller's sticks wear very quickly. That being said, if you don't want to buy a lot of controllers, get the xbox one version.
I bought a couple of stick covers for my PS4, primarily to give more grip rather than wear-prevention. made a huge difference

Article from dualshockers.com

Today (08/15/14) I talked with Vehicle Art Manager Jan Frischkorn during a hands-on presentation, and he mentioned that the PS4 version is quite stable at 60 frames per second already, while the Xbox One version still didn’t reach that goal, which is why the game is currently being shown only on PS4. Of course that’s just the current condition, and the team is still working to achieve the frame rate goal on both consoles.

Frischkorn confirmed that the PS4 has a power advantage over the rival, and mentioned that it definitely makes things easier for developers. As a matter of fact, the team was surprised by how well the game ran on Sony’s new console from the beginning.

In addition to that, we learn that the cars have about 60,000 polygons each on consoles, while the PC version on Ultra shows cars with between 200,000 and 300,000 polygons. On high it will bring the number down to 60,000.

The reduction in polygons on consoles is compensated with normal maps, and the cars definitely still look awesome. By comparison Driveclub has about 250,000 polygons per car, but it’s designed to display a considerably lower number of them at the same time.

Today (08/15/14) I talked with Vehicle Art Manager Jan Frischkorn during a hands-on presentation, and he mentioned that the PS4 version is quite stable at 60 frames per second already, while the Xbox One version still didn’t reach that goal, which is why the game is currently being shown only on PS4. Of course that’s just the current condition, and the team is still working to achieve the frame rate goal on both consoles.

Frischkorn confirmed that the PS4 has a power advantage over the rival, and mentioned that it definitely makes things easier for developers. As a matter of fact, the team was surprised by how well the game ran on Sony’s new console from the beginning.

In addition to that, we learn that the cars have about 60,000 polygons each on consoles, while the PC version on Ultra shows cars with between 200,000 and 300,000 polygons. On high it will bring the number down to 60,000.

The reduction in polygons on consoles is compensated with normal maps, and the cars definitely still look awesome. By comparison Driveclub has about 250,000 polygons per car, but it’s designed to display a considerably lower number of them at the same time.

That's not surprising on the DriveClub polygon count. The cars are totally stunning on that game. But it's a very different game to PCars... 60k per car will be perfect for what the game needs to be.

That quote is from last August, no doubt plenty of development has gone on since then & they've worked out how to better optimise performance on both consoles during the months since that was posted.

If it's any thing like Forza 5 quality, then not really going to be a problem. At a point game play is more important than polygons, this is the problem with GT6, graphics sits on the perch, forcing PD to make compromises with so many aspects of the game.

Back