ps4 or xbox one version?

• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 108 comments
My guess is that X1 will run at a lower resolution, be it 900, 720, it will probably not reach 1080. But if it is at least 60FPS then I will be happy.

This is going off the recent news that BF Hardline is gonna be 720 on X1 and 900 on PS4.

FPS is always more important than resolution in a racing game. Heck in any game. Kids need to realise this before they moan about pixels.

God dam 60k Poly's cars on the consoles is a massive difference compared to 200k-300k on PC

If it's any thing like Forza 5 quality, then not really going to be a problem. At a point game play is more important than polygons, this is the problem with GT6, graphics sits on the perch, forcing PD to make compromises with so many aspects of the game.

How many polygons does Forza 5 use?

This being the first (of many I hope) game in the Project CARS series what matters to me most is that it runs at a rock solid 60fps and the gameplay is bug free (or at least as close to possible). In the end the gameplay is going to be what makes or breaks the game. If the biggest issue we have to complain about is graphics then we are going to be very happy.

People need to remember this isn't Project CARS 10-15 years in, it's just the start! Can't wait to watch this game grow into it's own.

As an Xbox One owner I know I'll be getting the "worst" graphics and I don't care. Give me a great game and I'm happy.

One thing about PC polygons. You will only get that high count on the player car, if I'm not mistaken. AI will be at 60k and only at close proximity. The farther away they are the lower polygon count model is used. But that's how it works for all games.

God dam 60k Poly's cars on the consoles is a massive difference compared to 200k-300k on PC

How many polygons does Forza 5 use?

Not sure, never been able to find a polygon count in any articles that I've read, just know if Turn 10 was able to get the quality out of the XBOX One for Forza 5, than it seem to reason that SMS could also get something close, the article that previous poster cited was from August of 2014, there's been about seven months since then to hash out a lot graphical issues, though I think it's been the consoles that have been the cause of the delay.

Forza also doesnt have nearly the amount of physics calculations I expect PCars will have, nor as many cars on track, nor time of day changes, nor does it simulate weather or track debris, or driving line conditions etc etc. For those reasons alone I'm quite impressed with the quality of visuals that SMS has been able to put out on xbox even if its at 720p/60. Couldnt really care less if I can zoom in and see interior details on the headlights.

One thing about PC polygons. You will only get that high count on the player car, if I'm not mistaken. AI will be at 60k and only at close proximity. The farther away they are the lower polygon count model is used. But that's how it works for all games.

And that's the only difference to consoles. No max LOD for the player car.
And I can promise you that Driveclub doesn't do it different. There's no way all cars on track have 250,000 polys. Too high memory consumption.
They go the same route as all developers do: Max detail up to a distance of xx meters and then lower them more the further you go away from the car (LOD system).

Oeoeoehaaa , i can live with low Graphics seems to be not so bad in my opinion .
Bud ........ than i hope the gameplay is very good ...... hmmmm.... lets hope .

Greets

Remember, with DX12 coming out for the XBone, the driver layer will be much more efficient, and allow the console to run much more powerfully. It's not going to happen for pCARS, but maybe the sequel.

If it will give a few percent more power to bring it up to 1080p, it will stop the PS4 brigade crowing it over the XBone. What the article says it that it won't have much improvement over DX11-based games. I'm not suggesting that t is going to suddenly make the console 20 times more powerul. However, if the engine is written to take advantage of DX12, as was proven with the Mantle-based games, it will monster the performance. You can read more here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8962/the-directx-12-performance-preview-amd-nvidia-star-swarm/3

71449.png

I would get it on PS4 as it should get better visual performance and the PS4 controller is better IMO. Also you get free gameplay recording and easy to use UI. The Xbox One UI is horrible to use, much worse for me than Xbox 360. If there was only a way to use older UI and the old controller, would make it much better to use IMO.

swg
I would take XBOX just for the feedback triggers. Great feature in a racing game when you're stuck driving with a gamepad imo.
I personally prefer the DS4 triggers, much better control for me. I also prefer the Xbox 360 controller over the Xbox One.

If it will give a few percent more power to bring it up to 1080p, it will stop the PS4 brigade crowing it over the XBone. What the article says it that it won't have much improvement over DX11-based games. I'm not suggesting that t is going to suddenly make the console 20 times more powerul. However, if the engine is written to take advantage of DX12, as was proven with the Mantle-based games, it will monster the performance. You can read more here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8962/the-directx-12-performance-preview-amd-nvidia-star-swarm/3

71449.png
Personally think the gap will grow in favour for the PS4.

Last edited:
This being the first (of many I hope) game in the Project CARS series what matters to me most is that it runs at a rock solid 60fps and the gameplay is bug free (or at least as close to possible). In the end the gameplay is going to be what makes or breaks the game. If the biggest issue we have to complain about is graphics then we are going to be very happy.

People need to remember this isn't Project CARS 10-15 years in, it's just the start! Can't wait to watch this game grow into it's own.

As an Xbox One owner I know I'll be getting the "worst" graphics and I don't care. Give me a great game and I'm happy.
yeah, but the xbox controller is a killer!

I would expect consoles to be running something similar to medium, low has way to many pop-ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more concerned with the details in the mirrors. the console vids I've seen have a lot of objects simply disappearing from the rear mirrors when you go past them. hope they eliminate this as much as possible. not a deal breaker, but be nice if they stayed in the mirrors until realistically out of view.

I'm more concerned with the details in the mirrors. the console vids I've seen have a lot of objects simply disappearing from the rear mirrors when you go past them. hope they eliminate this as much as possible. not a deal breaker, but be nice if they stayed in the mirrors until realistically out of view.
It happens even on PC. I think performance hit must be quite high. There was a talk of this "ultra" option for the mirrors a year or so ago, but it's not in, so it must have been scrapped.

You are essentially having to render everything on separate screens if you have mirrors on full detail
Driveclub gets around this problem well by having a depth of field effect in the mirrors so objects at distance blur out, therefore lowering the rendering detail I suppose. seems like a good technique (not that I want to start a graphics comparison though).

Is the lack of Xbox One footage/information/footage anything to do with Turn 10 being a Microsoft funded outfit?, Given that they've had (through one studio or another working under the name) 2 Forza games out in the last 18 months, and another in the the next 12?

Not that Microsoft need the money, but if Project Cars does indeed do what it says on the tin... Be a bit embarrassing to have 3 games out in effectively 2 years and be out-shined by a third party developer that also beats-up its console with its performance demands.

Just putting ideas out there. :sly:

I actually think the lack of Xbone footage is because its not ready to be seen. It's probably in exactly the same state as the PS4 version. Just lacking frames in high intensity situations.

Is the lack of Xbox One footage/information/footage anything to do with Turn 10 being a Microsoft funded outfit?, Given that they've had (through one studio or another working under the name) 2 Forza games out in the last 18 months, and another in the the next 12?

Not that Microsoft need the money, but if Project Cars does indeed do what it says on the tin... Be a bit embarrassing to have 3 games out in effectively 2 years and be out-shined by a third party developer that also beats-up its console with its performance demands.

Just putting ideas out there. :sly:

I actually think the lack of Xbone footage is because its not ready to be seen. It's probably in exactly the same state as the PS4 version. Just lacking frames in high intensity situations.

As an Xbox One owner I have to admit I'm a bit worried (perhaps shouldn't be) by the complete lack of footage from the Xbox One. It's obvious there are issues with the XB1 version. I just hope it's not too bad.

As an Xbox One owner I have to admit I'm a bit worried (perhaps shouldn't be) by the complete lack of footage from the Xbox One. It's obvious there are issues with the XB1 version. I just hope it's not too bad.
I remember that 24hr charity stream a couple of weeks ago when Andy said he'd be online on launch day on xbox live. it can't be in that bad a state as I'm sure he can afford a swanky PC instead, you know?

I think it has to do with marketing agreements they have with Sony or maybe they are finalizing the Xbox One version and taking advantage of the extra processor MS made available for developers a couple of months back....

Just think of others game that are "exclusive" titles. Call of Duty with Xbox, Destiny with PS for example and now pCARS with PS, Im sure there are many others. But my point being is that those titles are only shown on their "exclusive" platform up until about 1 week from launch. Could be possible that this is the same situation.

would it be harsh to say that I don't care about Xbox cause I have the feeling that I bought the better console (the one that's siuds my needs the best)?!
I have this feeling since current gen startet.
Don't get me wrong. I just feel superior. :P ;)

Edit: yeah, yeah... Exclusive titles. software. Controller. That's my "decision maker"!

Back