[PS4] OSCA World GT Series (GT3)Finished 

• Thread starter Esgaloth
  • 312 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
Esgaloth
12496219_922174437850919_5304303713173581394_o.jpg

The World GT Series is the Online Sports Car Association's first official series. It is a GT3 based endurance league that hopes to give an enjoyable and realistic experience for anyone interested in sports car endurance racing. The series will begin on March 19th, 2016.

Please read all of the rules and format notes before applying for a position within the series. Thank you!

If you have any questions. You can PM me here on GTP or my PSN Account Esgaloth.

Race Format
Classes: GT3/GTE
Race Day: Saturdays
Lobby Start Time: 5:10PM US Eastern Time
Session Start Time: 5:20PM US Eastern Time
Practice Length: 20 Minutes (5:20PM Start Time)
Qualifying Length: 15 Minutes (5:40PM Start Time)
Warm-Up Length: 5 Minutes (5:55PM Start Time, Last Minute Race Setups)
Race Length: 2 Hours (6:00PM Start Time)

Assists & Track Conditions
Assists: Real
Damage: Full
Tyre/Fuel Usage: Real
Start Type: Rolling Start (Green Flag at the Starting Line)
Penalties: Off
Car Ghosting: On
Weather: Set to Real Conditions at the Location at the current time of race (Will be Static)

Race Schedule
Race 1: Laguna Seca
Date: March 19th
Time of Day: 15:00
Time Progression: Real

Race 2: Sakitto
Date: March 26th
Time of Day: 14:00

Mid Season Break (April 2nd Skipped)

Race 3: Sonoma
Date: April 9th
Time of Day: 16:00
Time Progression: 2x

Race 4: Brands Hatch
Date: April 16th
Time of Day: 22:00

Race 5: Road America
Date: April 23rd
Time of Day: 12:00
Time Progression : Real

Points System
1st: 25 Points
2nd: 18 Points
3rd: 15 Points
4th: 12 Points
5th: 10 Points
6th: 8 Points
7th: 6 Points
8th: 4 Points
9th: 2 Points
10th: 1 Point
11th through 16th: 0 Points

Pole: 1 Point

Cars & Liveries
A max of 2 of each vehicle will be allowed for the series. A max of 1 livery of each vehicle will be allowed. Vehicles and Liveries are first come, first serve. Extra/Reserve Drivers do not have to follow the car count limit, but must follow the livery rule. If a Primary Driver wants the livery, you will have to changes yours if your an Extra/Reserve.

Note: There is a 3rd car waiver on the Cadillac CTS-V.R due to OP updating reasons. Please note that the 2 car rule applies to every other car at the moment including the C7.R. Thank you.

Rules & Regulations
  1. Contact of any sort is strictly prohibited. Mistakes are understandable, repeated offenses are not. Purposely wrecking others however will result in a permanent league ban. If you wreck another driver, allow them to regain their position.
  2. Drivers must keep half of the width of their vehicle within the white lines at all times. Drivers must let off the throttle for a moment if they do to prevent time gain. Drivers may leave the white lines if the curbs are further out than the lines. An example of this would be the chicanes at Le Mans. Basically, don't abuse the track limits.
  3. Drivers must slow down to 62MPH/100KM/H when entering the pit lane entrance.
  4. Drivers must stay within the white lines when leaving the pits.
  5. Corner Cutting is strictly prohibited.
  6. Driving backwards is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent league ban.
  7. Rudeness against other drivers will not be tolerated.
  8. Drivers must keep their lights on at ALL TIMES. This is a real world rule for GT3, LM, and other forms of Endurance.
First Offense: Verbal Warning/Timed Penalty
Second Offense: Two Race Probation
Third Offense: League Ban

Attendance
Commitment to the league/series is extremely important! You will need to put at least 2 to 3 hours of your time aside to do these events. If you can't do this on a weekly basis, I wouldn't suggest this series for you. Those that fail to participate will be removed from the series. Emergencies and Changes will be tolerated as long as I am notified, otherwise keep to the schedule. This is very important to me. Racing is my passion, I have had far to many series in the past on Gran Turismo falter due to poor attendance. If you cannot participate in at least 5 out of 6 races (excluding emergencies), then its probably best you look elsewhere. Quitting races are unacceptable except on emergency notices. It doesn't matter if you crash or spin, stay in the race. Participation is key.

Also, Quitting because of Poor pace is unacceptable. There are two hours to get some decent points. if it isnt enjoyable, Quit the series while you can. This may be harsh, but its how it is. I have zero tolerance for quitters.

Sign-Up
To sign up, copy the following and fill it in for submission.

PSN:
Car:
Livery:

Driver Entries (Max 16)
Esgaloth @Esgaloth
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R | Corvette Racing #63

JimkhanaTimeGTS
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R | Corvette Racing #64

robertlm89 @123yokomo
Ruf RGT-8 GT3 | Roboil #76

PecoraNera77 @BlackSheep77
Ruf RGT-8 GT3 | ERAD #86

mr_b3ntley2010
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 | Pro Nine #85

M-R---S-M-O-K-E @MR_SMOKE
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 | #38 Vollmer

Fight-Test @Fight-Test
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 | #37 Vollmer (3rd Driver Waiver)

y_bearr_ @gtic_ybear
McLaren 12C GT3 | ART Racing #12

EvoGT89 @EvoGT89
McLaren 12C GT3 | Von Ryan Racing #60

Franky-Smalls @FrankySmalls
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 | Kerozen Racing #47

TDZ-4-12-14-88 @TDZdave (Possible Entry)
Bentley Continental GT3 | M-Sport Bentley #7

mikeylam @lxmmy
BMW Z4 GT3 | BMW Motorsport #19

Extra/Reserve Drivers (Max 8)
TexasTyme214 @TexasTyme214
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 | Point Racing

Updates
A revision has been made as of 3/9/2016 to most of the OP.

Last edited:
An update to Rule 2 under Rules and Regulations has been made clarifying the white lines rule. If you have questions, ask away. Just DON'T butcher the white lines.

I'm debating on either of these cars:

Aston Martin V8 GTE
RUF RGT-8 GT3
BMW Z4 GT3

So hard for me to decide as of right now. I've been practicing with all three and I'm not certain which to grab as of the moment. I'll update next week to get a full answer on my top 2 but for now It's still undecided.

I'm debating on either of these cars:

Aston Martin V8 GTE
RUF RGT-8 GT3
BMW Z4 GT3

So hard for me to decide as of right now. I've been practicing with all three and I'm not certain which to grab as of the moment. I'll update next week to get a full answer on my top 2 but for now It's still undecided.
Well at the moment the Z4 is full due to the 2 Max per car rule. That leaves the V8 and the Ruf.

Well at the moment the Z4 is full due to the 2 Max per car rule. That leaves the V8 and the Ruf.

Well that's a relief. I'm going to test both anyways. I got videos coming up for the averages I am going to be able to pull from the cars. (Fastest time possible in any condition without any or minor errors and possible faster times)

Now you made my job SOOOOO much easier. So I'll get them tested out before the end of this week here. And give my result by the end of the next week with a car selection.

I got 1 video made so far and it's for testing purposes and qualification for quickness only. Mostly for proof of speed and accuracy more than anything.

Well that's a relief. I'm going to test both anyways. I got videos coming up for the averages I am going to be able to pull from the cars. (Fastest time possible in any condition without any or minor errors and possible faster times)

Now you made my job SOOOOO much easier. So I'll get them tested out before the end of this week here. And give my result by the end of the next week with a car selection.

I got 1 video made so far and it's for testing purposes and qualification for quickness only. Mostly for proof of speed and accuracy more than anything.

Alright. I just swapped to the V8 Vantage so that also opened up one spot for the Ruf (which was full as well) so if you want either of them make sure you pick soon.

Also if you have friends interested in racing, feel free to send them this way. Id love to expand this series and get as many drivers as we can to race with :)

Alright. I just swapped to the V8 Vantage so that also opened up one spot for the Ruf (which was full as well) so if you want either of them make sure you pick soon.

Also if you have friends interested in racing, feel free to send them this way. Id love to expand this series and get as many drivers as we can to race with :)

You know what on second though screw it. I'm going to drive the Aston Martin V8

PSN: Carnby7
Car: 2011 Aston Martin V8
Livery: #64 or #56 (Depends if someone gets either one, Primary pick is #64)

I'll still make videos with my lap times for reference and see if people will try to compare my times to theirs. Might make people try to actually compete more during testing.

You know what on second though screw it. I'm going to drive the Aston Martin V8

PSN: Carnby7
Car: 2011 Aston Martin V8
Livery: #64 or #56 (Depends if someone gets either one, Primary pick is #64)

I'll still make videos with my lap times for reference and see if people will try to compare my times to theirs. Might make people try to actually compete more during testing.
Alright. Ill just write you down as the #64 then since I chose Vasmac and that doesnt interfere with your choice.

Back