[PS4] OSCA World GT Series (GT3)Finished 

• Thread starter Esgaloth
  • 312 comments
Bam! And within a matter of hours there are 2 Audi on the grid, now I feel duff for not picking my beloved Bentley :/ oh well :)

Bam! And within a matter of hours there are 2 Audi on the grid, now I feel duff for not picking my beloved Bentley :/ oh well :)
You can swap if you wish. Your more than welcome as long as you dont swap after Race 1 (Excluding AMG GT3)

Will anyone be hosting any practice sessions before the actual race??? That way we can all get to know everyone and get in some practice to make the actual race more precise.

To easy mate,

I just like seeing grid diversity, :)
Same. I like to see different cars go up against eachother.

Will anyone be hosting any practice sessions before the actual race??? That way we can all get to know everyone and get in some practice to make the actual race more precise.
If everyone would like, I can set up a meetup next Saturday and we can all see how everyobe is and say Hi. Maybe have some tea lol. Ugh Now I want hot tea lol. But yea its doable. Not today because its such short notice. But we can plan it

Next Saturday should be good for me. The open beta for The Division will be going on, but a break from that wont hurt any.

I suggest Spa for the location.

Next Saturday sounds good, anywhere that isn't on the calendar should also be a good venue :)
Brno sound good? Ive been doing some testing there. Its also a VERY balanced track besides its high elevation. Thats my suggestion.

What about everyone else? Comment if you wanna do this too and your track suggestion :)

I'll be running my V8 Vantage however for the meetup because I know the C7.R wont be out in time.

I decided on Brno. I added a section under the OP for it.
Also, there will be a change to race starts most likely so stay tuned on that. Im working on a way to work out rolling starts.

Rolling starts will be better in my opinion, the standing grids can be a little screwy with how close they put the cars at some circuits, though I think we will need a pace lap to set up the grid, I've found the automated system to be inconsistent with space between cars, some will start at the start line, others could be more then a corner or 2 behind, and that's mostly based on lobby connection speeds,

Rolling starts will be better in my opinion, the standing grids can be a little screwy with how close they put the cars at some circuits, though I think we will need a pace lap to set up the grid, I've found the automated system to be inconsistent with space between cars, some will start at the start line, others could be more then a corner or 2 behind, and that's mostly based on lobby connection speeds,
Actually, My idea was to have everyone keep an even rolling pace even after the green flag drops. We go as soon as the front two drivers hit the line. Sound good?

Actually, My idea was to have everyone keep an even rolling pace even after the green flag drops. We go as soon as the front two drivers hit the line. Sound good?

Yeah that works, but we've found it to be more fair if people maintain until all cars are on the front straight or in the case of Monza/ Road America that the leader has to wait until past pit entry then is free to jump when they choose, if they get to the start stripe and haven't gone then its a free for all, this gives an advantage to being on the front row, and also ends the idea of people jump starting, providing they don't jump before the leader, however, the biggest benefit of this is that even though everyone is watching the lead car peoples reaction times are different some will lose, some will gain, but usually all of the position bar a few are sorted out before getting into turn 1,

Yeah that works, but we've found it to be more fair if people maintain until all cars are on the front straight or in the case of Monza/ Road America that the leader has to wait until past pit entry then is free to jump when they choose, if they get to the start stripe and haven't gone then its a free for all, this gives an advantage to being on the front row, and also ends the idea of people jump starting, providing they don't jump before the leader, however, the biggest benefit of this is that even though everyone is watching the lead car peoples reaction times are different some will lose, some will gain, but usually all of the position bar a few are sorted out before getting into turn 1,
How about we set a time that everyone goes at? Once the clock hits say...5 Seconds everyones free to go?

Forgive my question if its stupid, but why aren't we practicing this Saturday at Monza?? I figured since our first race is there, it would be the perfect opportunity to run a mock qualy & race.. Tweak our tunes for the actual race.. practice the rolling starts.. you know, basically get our **** together before the actual race.. I'm really not sure how practicing at Brno helps our race at Monza.. Am I making sense??

Forgive my question if its stupid, but why aren't we practicing this Saturday at Monza?? I figured since our first race is there, it would be the perfect opportunity to run a mock qualy & race.. Tweak our tunes for the actual race.. practice the rolling starts.. you know, basically get our **** together before the actual race.. I'm really not sure how practicing at Brno helps our race at Monza.. Am I making sense??
Well at the same time it wouldnt help us for any of the other tracks either. Brno is a good well balanced track and lets everyone decide if they want this car or that one. Monza basically says who has the fastest speed machine. If you all would prefer to do Monza we can, but I've never been a fan of repeat races even if one is shorter. Thats just me. Thanks for bringing this up though.

What does everyone else think?

Ok, thanks for the explanation.. I don't mind at all Brno, I'll be on for practice no matter what track.. I was just a little worried about the rolling start and that first corner/chicane. I'm afraid if people don't get enough practice, it could turn into a dumpster fire on race day. Maybe we can spend some time setting up the rolling starts just so we get a feel for it..

But, It's your call Brother.. I'm down for whatever..

Ok, thanks for the explanation.. I don't mind at all Brno, I'll be on for practice no matter what track.. I was just a little worried about the rolling start and that first corner/chicane. I'm afraid if people don't get enough practice, it could turn into a dumpster fire on race day. Maybe we can spend some time setting up the rolling starts just so we get a feel for it..

But, It's your call Brother.. I'm down for whatever..
Your absolutely right. What if we did two venues then? 30 Minute sprints. One at Monza, another at Brno so we can get the whole rolling start thing sorted out and have a fun race together? Practice and qualy will be shorter though.

Exactly, that's what I meant.. I didn't wanna do a full 2 hour race at Monza.. I just want to sort out the rolling start and get a grip on that first corner/chicane. I'm very familiar with Monza, But I've never done a rolling start at that track.. You know how some drivers are.. break too late.. break too early.. and boom.. a freaking mess before anyone completes a single lap.. I just wanna get a feel of the other racers around and how everyone handles the start of the race.

Exactly, that's what I meant.. I didn't wanna do a full 2 hour race at Monza.. I just want to sort out the rolling start and get a grip on that first corner/chicane. I'm very familiar with Monza, But I've never done a rolling start at that track.. You know how some drivers are.. break too late.. break too early.. and boom.. a freaking mess before anyone completes a single lap.. I just wanna get a feel of the other racers around and how everyone handles the start of the race.
Oh yea. Monza on lap 1 is ALWAYS a mess. Even in Blancpain its a deathtrap of a corner. Alright. Im down for that. I'll wait top see what others say here too but I think 2 venues is the best way to go or just do Monza. Nothing long though.

Maybe we can do a 15 minute practice for everyone to tune their rides up.. Then maybe a 30 minute mini session where everyone gets in just to sqaure away the rolling start.. Not so much a race, but more to setup the rolling start and how to approach that first corner. If we F it up, then we go around the track and reset the rolling start until we all get it right??? At least on race day we won't make a mess of it. Then we all can jump in at Brno and smash a real race..

Back