[PS4] OSCA World GT Series (GT3)Finished 

• Thread starter Esgaloth
  • 312 comments
Ive decided to just push this series aside. I cant just go off of 4 people that say they will show up when 12 have signed up. It makes me feel like people dont pay attention to the forum at all once they say they will race. Im going to contiue on with the GTE Project instead.

I'm sorry I missed it, I got up, made a coffee, went for a cigarette, came back inside, checked the sebring 12h and promptly fell back asleep in my lounge chair, my neck is really hating me for that right now,

I'm sorry I missed it, I got up, made a coffee, went for a cigarette, came back inside, checked the sebring 12h and promptly fell back asleep in my lounge chair, my neck is really hating me for that right now,
Dont be. I made this decision before the lobby was even made. Your fine. There will be a much more prompt and set style next time

Just a thought here - given the success (relative to the recent attempts) of the first two practice races and the issues with participation in the other races, maybe you could consider a series that is much less formal, in that it doesn't have such a high level of structure, rules, and time commitment. I know those are things that matter to you, however I have a good sense that all these things rather hinder high participation rates, rather than keep people committed. I'm all for the rules, structure, and whatnot, however it's hard to find others that are.

I've noticed a number of participants complaining about connectivity, which, although there is virtually nothing you can do about it, lowering the amount of time a session may take to complete will reduce the chances that someone gets disconnected during the session. Then there's those that simply don't have the time to commit.

I honestly hope you find it in yourself to restart this season, it would be a shame to see you cancel a second series, each of which you've put a considerable amount of effort into.

Just a thought here - given the success (relative to the recent attempts) of the first two practice races and the issues with participation in the other races, maybe you could consider a series that is much less formal, in that it doesn't have such a high level of structure, rules, and time commitment. I know those are things that matter to you, however I have a good sense that all these things rather hinder high participation rates, rather than keep people committed. I'm all for the rules, structure, and whatnot, however it's hard to find others that are.

I've noticed a number of participants complaining about connectivity, which, although there is virtually nothing you can do about it, lowering the amount of time a session may take to complete will reduce the chances that someone gets disconnected during the session. Then there's those that simply don't have the time to commit.

I honestly hope you find it in yourself to restart this season, it would be a shame to see you cancel a second series, each of which you've put a considerable amount of effort into.
I mean Im still going to keep the 2 hour format. I want a Sprint Endurance series. If people dont like that, simply shove off. People were told in the rules to put aside atleast 3 hours of time to do these events. As for practice in the future, I may cut that out. But Qualy and race will remain as is. Its really ridiculous how people sign up and dont deliver.

And yea, connectivity is an issue, but GTP doesnt have that issue. Message me ffs lol

Ive decided to just push this series aside. I cant just go off of 4 people that say they will show up when 12 have signed up. It makes me feel like people dont pay attention to the forum at all once they say they will race. Im going to contiue on with the GTE Project instead.

Can't wait for GTE series, i have tried C7R this morning at laguna, and it almost as fast as mclearen

Can't wait for GTE series, i have tried C7R this morning at laguna, and it almost as fast as mclearen
The Corvette is prolly going to run close to 28.5mm on the restrictor. Somewhere in that range. Same for the M3. Im considering a shorter 3-4 race GTE series followed by a P2/GTE series. If participation is excellent. I MAY. MAAAAAY do P1/P2/GTE

Back