PS4 Photos (Basic)PS4 

England
Bristol
priesty_lfc
Not sure if anybody else had tried this yet but I thought I'd post anyway.

As we've now seen the photo mode is pretty poor in it's implication, there is still a way to get some interesting shots albeit basic ones thanks to the share button.

Basically save your reply watch it back (so you can remove the HUD and pause it which gets rid of the ghosting) then hope for a good angle via the actual reply, or circle your way through the std camera angles.

They still look good and show a decent amount of detail but a dedicated mode would have been very MUCH better and certainly easier.

All these are PS4 but I guess you do something similar via the XO studio thing.

Are you reading SMS!

*The night pictures also show the stars and it's quite pretty if you can actually see them!

*Clio dash is broken and only shows the N and not the gear.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they don't add AA like DC does, I bet it looks better in motion but it looks really average from the photos.

If you show it like that it looks pretty rough at some places.. I'm looking forward to more PS4 screenshots in here.

If you show it like that it looks pretty rough at some places.. I'm looking forward to more PS4 screenshots in here.

Unfortunately so, can only work with what we were given so.

It's a shame really but hopefully they improve the photo mode via a patch!

Nice pics @sebmugi :)

Unfortunately so, can only work with what we were given so.

It's a shame really but hopefully they improve the photo mode via a patch!

Nice pics @sebmugi :)

I meant the PC vs PS4 pics. Looking at those PS4 screens from sebmugi, it looks pretty good in general. I think I should just get the game and stop looking for some convincing images.

Considering PCars has a physics engine going on in the background and is/tries to be 60fps it holds up pretty dam well
Driveclub also uses a higher LOD in photomode after processing the shot - still looks very impressive during gameplay though.

Graphically DRIVECLUB is in a different league but you must take into consideration the amount of assets it is dealing with in comparison to Project Cars. The car models in DC are spectacularly beautiful and GT7 will have a tough time bettering them. PCars on PS4 has up to 40 cars on track, DC has 12, with a hugely in-depth damage model and must account for 39 AI and a weather and the particle effects from all those cars.

PCars looks great for what it is and SMS should be applauded for their achievement.

Last edited:
Driveclub also uses a higher LOD in photomode after processing the shot - still looks very impressive during gameplay though.

Only if there's a high grid count. If there are only 1 or 2 cars, DC has the same LOD in-game as in photomode.

BTW, does pCars photomode add better AA/image quality like DC and GT6?

Some photos here have a very low cam, like just above the pavement. I can't get my cam down like that. Always stuckt at around car mid high (bumper). Any tips?! Take photo option on PS4 needs and update. I want more options. :)

Surprised they don't add AA and use a higher LODs in photomode and replays, but the game still looks good though. Great shots gents.

Only if there's a high grid count. If there are only 1 or 2 cars, DC has the same LOD in-game as in photomode.

BTW, does pCars photomode add better AA/image quality like DC and GT6?
Really? Must've missed that then. It was a while go I played it last time.

Some photos here have a very low cam, like just above the pavement. I can't get my cam down like that. Always stuckt at around car mid high (bumper). Any tips?! Take photo option on PS4 needs and update. I want more options. :)
Most of the still shots I've posted here are taken during gameplay after removing the HUD. As you can see, it gives you better control over the camera's height.

Edit : The same is possible during replays, which I actually prefer over Photomode.

Last edited:
How do you take the pictures with a steering wheel? You need the sticks on the dualshock for this but the T300rs doesnt have these.

How do you take the pictures with a steering wheel? You need the sticks on the dualshock for this but the T300rs doesnt have these.
Yeah. I restart a replay or enter the game and go on a track with my ds4 to get full control of the cam. driving with wheel for sure.

@PRO_TOO You have to get close to the car low as you can then hold the Right stick down for a few seconds and it will drop the camera. You can then rotate low around the wheels. There is a little bug in that it leaves a line at the top of the finished pic which I have been cropping off but this is my first one I did to show you the line below 👍

[url=https://flic.kr/p/sfCH3L]MPZCMH2O29IAAA-UA_ by DCTorque99, on Flickr[/URL]

Back