PS4 Requires PS+ for online play. Thoughts?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 94 comments
Interestingly, in the EU the price of the 3 month subscription got increased from €15 to €20 . But the 1 year subscription stayed at €50.
True, but 50 Euro is pretty much $60 right now and I believe that the Euro was stronger last year - that's always the problem though with international pricing, a lot of stochastic guesswork which doesn't always pan out ;)

Agreed, but that was in a more stable financial exchange environment - even past dips were nowhere near as unstable as the situation currently, that's my guess.

If they do increase the price of a year subscription in Europe I can consider myself lucky. I just renewed mine at the beginning of August. :D

Time to give this thread a bump, as PlayStation+ prices are going up! It will now be $60 for a year and $25 for 3 months and the new pricing will go in effect in a month. So, what does this mean? A PS+ subscription cost the same as Xbox Live Gold now. What do you guys think about the price increase? Good idea? Bad idea?

I only just realized that while there's price parity between the consoles in the US, it's now actually $10 more expensive for PS+ compared to XBL Gold in Canada. While we originally reported it being a $10 price hike, it's $20 up here.

I'm glad I bought a year's worth a few weeks ago. I think I might just buy a few more pre-paid cards later this month. If I don't, I'll probably let the membership lapse when it wraps up.

Latest Posts

Back