[PS4] Track Stars Australian V8SupercarsOpen 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 147 comments
Australia
Murray Bridge
ItzRacing
AV8 Logo.jpg

After running under the CORE banner last year, the Track Stars name returns with the running of the 2016 Track Stars Australian V8 Supercar Championship. It will be a new era for the series in 2016, moving to the current generation gaming on the PS4 console using the Project Cars title and the Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar available to the game. This year, the series will be held over 10 rounds in a condensed, fast paced, action packed format. Following the real world FIA regulations of the V8 Supercars Championship, the he series will begin under lights at the Ruapuna Club circuit on April 10, travelling across Asia, Australia, New Zealand and a tour of the United States, before concluding with a 200km Endurance event at Mt Panorama to end the season where a champion will be crowned.

calendar.jpg

Rd1 – Ruapuna Club – April 10
Rd2 – Bathurst – April 17
Rd3 – Laguna Seca – May 1
Rd4 – Sonoma Short – May 8
Rd5 – Watkins Glen Short – May 15
Rd6 – Dubai International – May 29
Rd7 – Ruapuna GP – June 5
Rd8 – Sakitto Sprint – June 19
Rd9 – Zhuhai – June 26
Rd10 – Bathurst (Endurance) – July 3

R1 Ruapuna Club.jpg

R2 Bathurst.jpg

R3 Laguna Seca.jpg

R4 Sonoma Short.jpg

R5 Watkins Glen.jpg

R6 Dubai.jpg

R7 Ruapuna GP.jpg

R8 Sakitto.jpg

UPDATED: June 19
R9 Zhuhai.jpg

UPDATED: June 26
R10 Bathurst.jpg

UPDATED: July 3

Car.jpg

timetable.jpg

All times AEST (GMT +10)
Room Open: 7:30
Qualifying Begins: 8:20
Race 1: 8:30
Race 2: 9:00
Race 3: 9:30
Round Finish: 10:00

points.jpg

Point system.png

Rules.jpg

1. Overtaking & Collisions:

1.1. Generally, if the overtaking car is up to/past the B-Pillar of the Car that is being overtaken, the collision will be viewed as a racing incident.

1.2. If the car attempting to overtake is not up to/past the B-Pillar of the Car that is being overtaken, then it is expected that the overtaking car ensures that any incident is avoided.

1.3. If either car is not behind B-Pillar of the competitors’ car, then competitors are expected to ensure all cars come out of a corner without incident.

1.4. If a car is behind the B-Pillar of a competitor’s car on the exit of the corner, then the trailing car is expected to make sure an incident is avoided.

1.5. Lag is considered a component failure and any incident as the result of lag will be viewed as a racing incident.

1.6. Each incident will still be judged on its own merits and penalties will be handed out accordingly, with a view of maintaining consistency in judgment. If the aforementioned guidelines are followed, most collisions should be avoided.

1.7. In the event that an incident takes place and the affected driver only loses the position that the drivers were fighting for, a driver may choose to readdress the situation and avoid further sanction.

2. Defensive Driving:

2.1. In a battle for position, a car is permitted to make 1 change of direction prior to the corner. Any further change of direction, except for taking the corner as per the Overtaking guidelines, will not be accepted.

3. Weaving:

3.1. Weaving of cars to prevent a competitor from overtaking during a race is not permitted.

4. Blocking:

4.1. If a driver fails to provide racing room (the width of the passing car) to a car that has committed to a passing move, or otherwise forces them from the track during an overtake a penalty will be given to the responsible party.

5. Blue Flags:

5.1. A car that is being pursued by a car that is about to go a lap ahead is within their rights to drive their line and attempt to stay on the lead lap and is in no way expected to pull aside to allow the pursuer to pass. However, if the pursuing car attempts to make a pass and is within 2 cars length, they must not execute a defensive manoeuvre as they could legally do if they were fighting for position; nor are they allowed to attempt as re-pass that will overly hinder the lapping car’s pace. If a car has gone a lap down due to damage and is recovering and noticeably catching cars that are laps ahead, it is allowed to pass them, however the leading cars are allowed to drive defensively if they choose to do so.

6. Pit Entry/Exits:

6.1. Any cars entering/exiting pit lane must stay within the solid blend lines.

6.2. In the event that there is any surface not considered part of the track limits where the cars enter/exit pit lane, then cutting across these areas to get to pit lane is also not permitted.

7. Disconnections:

7.1. A single driver disconnecting will be viewed as a mechanical failure and as a result will be given a DNF.

7.2. If 3 or more drivers disconnect in the period of 15 seconds, then the race will be red flagged.

8. Red Flags:

8.1. In the event of a race being red flagged, a restart can take place if the race is under 75% complete.

8.2. Once a race is over 50% complete, full points will be awarded.

8.3. If a race is under 50% complete, and is abandoned due to a red flag, only half points will be awarded.

9. Headsets:

9.1. All headsets must be switched off/muted during all racing events. Only the approved event officials will have permission to talk during any qualifying or race session. In this instance, officials will also have to remain muted unless a very important message regarding the status of the race needs to be sent out.

10. Driver Behaviour:

10.1. All drivers are expected to show respect toward their competitors and series officials. If a driver is seen to be abusing another driver or official, then the series host has the right to remove the offending driver from the series. This behaviour will not be tolerated.

11. Protests:

11.1. If there is an incident which a driver feels should be investigated, the competitor is permitted to lodge a protest.

11.2. Protests must be submitted in writing to the series host via GTPlanet PM with details of the Race Number, Lap number, Location of the incident and any further details about the incident. (A replay of the incident will also assist greatly.) The incident will then be investigated by a steward, who will review the race replay, with the drivers involved also being given the opportunity to present their version of events, before a decision is made.

penalties.jpg

Penalty Guidlines.png

To enter please post in this thread, GTPlanet Username/PSN ID/ Car # (A list of cars & photos of the liveries will be posted in the signups section)​

Last edited:

Car No. / PSN ID / GTPlanet User / Team

1 / ItzRacing / ItzRacing / Vasmac V.I.P-Racing

1 ItzRacing.jpg

2 / Youle82 / Youle82 / Sakume V.I.P-Racing

2-youle.png

4 / s1e2e3th / Seth123 / K&S Racing

4 Seth.jpg

7 / amcdo122 /amcdo122 / TBC

7 amcdo.jpg

11 / SickSkillz011 / Konnor / K&S Racing

11 konnor.jpg

15 / TDZ-4-12-14-88 / TDZdave / TBC

15 dave.jpg

16 / Killing Heidi / Killing-Heidi / Vasmac VIP-Racing

16-killing-heidi.png

#18 / UNC_Pubs16 / Pubs16 / UNC Motorsports

18 Unc pubs.jpg

22 / DZITEZ / DZITEZ / Sakume VIP-Racing

22 Dzitez.jpg

#42 / N64TheStig007 / JonoStan96 / LBW Racing

42.jpg

43 / v8power383 / v8power383 / TBC

43.jpg

cars.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 18.jpg 20.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 33.jpg 42.jpg 43.jpg

Last edited:
@Killing Heidi @Timhicks79 @amcdo122 @Konnor @TDZdave @Seth123

I will be hosting a series of practice races tonight to help nail down exactly how things will operate on race nights. For those who don't have the Ruapuna Park track due to DLC's, this will be a great opportunity to get some practice laps in preparation for the race we will be having their this season. It would be greatly appreciated if we could get as many people as possible to turn up. :)

EDIT: I will open the room sometime around 7PM ACDT, please make sure you have a friend request sent to ItzRacing so i can send through and invite.

Last edited:
wish I could mate...

I would need 3 weeks to get to know car and 2 weeks for setup to be just slow instead of damn slow lol...

Also iirc your day and time are out of my schedule :(

I'll need someone to race with at the back! :)

wish I could mate...

I would need 3 weeks to get to know car and 2 weeks for setup to be just slow instead of damn slow lol...

Also iirc your day and time are out of my schedule :(

I think its about 8am for you mate, this car is easy to drive out of the box, I only fiddle with the roll bars and the rear aero to get it to my liking at most circuits,

All times AEST
Room Open: 7:30
Qualifying Begins: 8:20
Race 1: 8:30
Race 2: 9:00
Race 3: 9:30
Round Finish: 10:00

Is that AM or PM AEST?

Back