[PS4] Track Stars Australian V8SupercarsOpen 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 147 comments
Man is Ruapuna tight through the back lol... Got the DLC pack for it over the weekend and laid laps there for the very first time. It's very V8SCish which I love. Wish I had a proper sequential shifter but a H-pattern still makes for a lot of fun in these cars.

Looks like we got a bit of a grid! Awesome :) going to be some fun racing ahead with a decent field! Loving the new Driver/car photos @ItzRacing! Thanks mate.

How's everyone going with practice? Anyone willing to share their pace? :P.

Sorry, my bad, it's in PM
I didn't even realise myself! I'm glad it was mentioned lol. Maybe change to 24hour to avoid confusion for any internationals :).

Last edited:
Loving the new Driver/car photos @ItzRacing! Thanks mate.

Anytime, if anyone has a team name/logo that they want to submit, i'll add it to the photos as well!

How's everyone going with practice? Anyone willing to share their pace? :P.

The quickest amongst us is inside the mid to high 54 second range. I've just snuck into the 54's in a qualifying lap and I'll go one further and share the lap with everyone so the can dissect it! I was going to post my qualifying lap from last Sundays practice night, where we ended up doing a full race. I might as well share it now so here it is! Don't mind the fact that I had driving line on, I basically ignored the suggested braking points :P

I didn't even realise myself! I'm glad it was mentioned lol. Maybe change to 24hour to avoid confusion for any internationals :).

I'll change that and update the timetable to better reflect how the night will be run as well

I seem to be getting faster times while it's night than day time. I have been into the 56's but mainly low 57's. Sunday night and 30 laps practice is all i have done on this track. Well Sunday racing until i blew the engine up. Had the Radiator on 0 air lol. Forgot to change it back. Well done @ItzRacing with all the Pics. And that Lap, Where do you pull them from.....

The quickest amongst us is inside the mid to high 54 second range. I've just snuck into the 54's in a qualifying lap and I'll go one further and share the lap with everyone so the can dissect it! I was going to post my qualifying lap from last Sundays practice night, where we ended up doing a full race. I might as well share it now so here it is! Don't mind the fact that I had driving line on, I basically ignored the suggested braking points :P

I'll change that and update the timetable to better reflect how the night will be run as well

Great lap mate, wish I could've joined that practice.
I've been getting 56 flats almost, can definitely push into the 55s. The time you had there is a lot darker than I've been practicing in, so might need some adjustment but encouraging I'm not far off :).

I seem to be getting faster times while it's night than day time. I have been into the 56's but mainly low 57's. Sunday night and 30 laps practice is all i have done on this track. Well Sunday racing until i blew the engine up. Had the Radiator on 0 air lol. Forgot to change it back. Well done @ItzRacing with all the Pics. And that Lap, Where do you pull them from.....
Sucks there's no rad temp on the incar dash lol, I'm considering getting an app for my phone to monitor all that stuff more, some good ones for iOS.

P.s. Welcome to PCars man! :).

You need to have a button assigned called "motec cycle" I believe, you trigger that and it will change your information on the motec display in the cabin view only,

You need to have a button assigned called "motec cycle" I believe, you trigger that and it will change your information on the motec display in the cabin view only,
Thanks mate :) I do though lol, but I think unless I've missed it, in the Supercar there is no engine temp on any page. Just tyre/brake temp, fuel and burn, brake bias, rpm etc.

Also has anyone fiddled with gearing for this track? I did initially but I didn't like it and went back to default, just more for the slow esses, really doesn't feel like 1st gear is right but 2nd is definitely too much lol.

Round 1 Drivers Briefing

@amcdo122 @Killing Heidi @DZITEZ @Timhicks79 @Crazykiller @Youle82 @Pubs16 @TDZdave @Seth123 @Konnor

Timetable

19:00 – Room Opens
19:45 – Qualifying (10 Mins)
19:55 – Race 1 (26 Laps)
20:20 – Race 1 Finishes
20:25 – Qualifying 2 (10 Mins)
20:35 – Race 2 (26 Laps)
21:00 – Race 2 Finish
21:05 – Qualifying 3 (10 Mins)
21:15 – Race 3 (26 Laps)
21:40 – Race 3 Finish

Driving Aids

The following driver aids are permitted to be used.
ABS
Traction Control
Driving Line

Race Starts

Please be on the cautious side on the approach to turn 1 at the start of the race. We had an incident at turn 1 in a practice race which was the result of a domino effect of a car at the back rear ending another car and pushing the front 2 cars off the track. I think I speak for everyone when I say it is not fun being in last place with a damaged car, 10 seconds behind everyone because of silly driving at turn 1.

Tyres

V8SC Slick - Soft tyres are allowed to be used in all sessions. There will be no compulsory pit stops.

Racing formats

After spending a bit more time on the game, the format as shown above will be what we will stick with for the season. With deciding the grid on previous race results not being an option, qualifying sessions before each race was the fairest option to set the grid for each race. We will have 5 minute break between the end of the race and the next qualifying session to allow anyone to quickly attend to anything outside of the racing that they may need to deal with, and you may take longer if you need, but I will eat into your track time in the qualifying session. There will be no time to change setups between Qualifying sessions and the race, so please ensure your car is set up to complete the upcoming race.

Round 1 Drivers Briefing

@amcdo122 @Killing Heidi @DZITEZ @Timhicks79 @Crazykiller @Youle82 @Pubs16 @TDZdave @Seth123 @Konnor

Timetable

19:00 – Room Opens
19:45 – Qualifying (10 Mins)
19:55 – Race 1 (26 Laps)
20:20 – Race 1 Finishes
20:25 – Qualifying 2 (10 Mins)
20:35 – Race 2 (26 Laps)
21:00 – Race 2 Finish
21:05 – Qualifying 3 (10 Mins)
21:15 – Race 3 (26 Laps)
21:40 – Race 3 Finish

Driving Aids

The following driver aids are permitted to be used.
ABS
Traction Control
Driving Line

Race Starts

Please be on the cautious side on the approach to turn 1 at the start of the race. We had an incident at turn 1 in a practice race which was the result of a domino effect of a car at the back rear ending another car and pushing the front 2 cars off the track. I think I speak for everyone when I say it is not fun being in last place with a damaged car, 10 seconds behind everyone because of silly driving at turn 1.

Tyres

V8SC Slick - Soft tyres are allowed to be used in all sessions. There will be no compulsory pit stops.

Racing formats

After spending a bit more time on the game, the format as shown above will be what we will stick with for the season. With deciding the grid on previous race results not being an option, qualifying sessions before each race was the fairest option to set the grid for each race. We will have 5 minute break between the end of the race and the next qualifying session to allow anyone to quickly attend to anything outside of the racing that they may need to deal with, and you may take longer if you need, but I will eat into your track time in the qualifying session. There will be no time to change setups between Qualifying sessions and the race, so please ensure your car is set up to complete the upcoming race.

Wicked stuff! Just to be sure, is weather variable? (Will there be any weather this season in fact?) and standing start I presume? Go on green...

Wicked stuff! Just to be sure, is weather variable? (Will there be any weather this season in fact?) and standing start I presume? Go on green...

Weather will remain dry for most of the season, but I will give some warning when I plan on throwing a wet race or random weather into the mix.

Races will be standing start, go on green. haha

And I forgot to explain what will happen in the case of a red flag, but that will be a single file rolling restart in the order when the red flag was called, but I'll make sure everyone knows what's happening on the night that situation was to occur.

I'll be racing with no forcefeed back. So I'll do the best I can to stay out of everyone's road. Hopefully my replacement wheel will turn up next week for Bathurst. Good luck all for Sunday night.

8 / bencrow- / Bencrow_ / TBC

Done, and welcome back! You'll join myself and Heidi as the only 3 drivers to compete in all 3 of my V8/Touring Car Championships!

Yo #12 for me

#12 is yours

88/ Evildragonxxl/ Evildragonxxl/ TBC

You need to pick a car that hasn't been taken by anyone else, and whatever that cars number is will be your number for the season.

results.jpg

Here are the results and standings for Round 1. It was a great night of racing with some great battles at the front of the pack which I thoroughly enjoyed. Congratulations to all the winners, pole position winners and place getters throughout the night and thanks to everyone who was able to turn up. Hope to see everyone next week at Bathurst!

Race 1

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG

Race 2

IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

Race 3

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

Round Points

Round 1 Results Grid.png

Standings

Rd 1 Drivers.png

Rd 1 Teams.png

Stats

Poles.png

Race Wins.png

Podiums.png

Round Wins.png

(Note:I wanted to do stats for fastest laps as well, but I didn't save the results with the fastest laps. If anyone has evidence of fastest laps that they want to submit, please get in touch with me.)

Great can I get car #43 please

All sorted, do you have a team name you'd like to race under as well?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also after 2 of the VIP-Racing members have withdrawn from the series, the decision has been made to shuffle the drivers around into different cars. Killing-Heidi will team up with myself for the rest of the season in the #16 Vasmac VIP Racing car while Youle will shift into the #2 Sakume VIP Racing car. Killing-Heidi's round 1 points will remain with the Sakume team, while Youle's points will not be counted as his points were scored for what was supposed to become a single car team.

2-youle.png

16-killing-heidi.png

Looking forward to tonight, decided I'd finally do some driving around Bathurst so that I'm not hopelessly off the pace. It should definitely be a challenging night and could be a case of last one standing. Hope to see everyone in the lobby in just over an hour and get a good attendance.

@Killing Heidi @DZITEZ @Youle82 @Seth123 @Samsung1998race @Konnor @TDZdave @V8power383 @Pubs16 @JonoStan96 @amcdo122 @bencrow_ @evildragonxxl

The drivers briefing is really unchanged from Round 1, the timetable will remain the same.

Back