[PS4] WEDNESDAYS - Join us on Project Cars 2Finished 

I picked the right car from the garage, so don't know what happened, only knew a start of race. When I saw the car with no wing, so might have done qualifying too.
But good race even though car was a little harder to drive, couple tank slappers, but no damage.
In practice before race (only last night) lost a wheel, suspension damage, lot of vibrations through wheel.

Has anyone seen the front wheels slowing, while braking.

What was I doing wrong when I was trying too set up room, just went straight into the race.
Gave up to practise on my own.

What was I doing wrong when I was trying too set up room, just went straight into the race.

I don't know John - I had lots of problems setting up the room on Wednesday - hopefully no problems next week.

@Sick Cylinder I believe I read somewhere that there would be a chanpionship hosting option. Not much detail though. Let me see if I can find it.
Link below
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/onlinechampionships.html

Thanks Mr Tree.

To all of you - Today I went to Brands Hatch to watch a test session and was lucky enough to have a long chat with Aston Martin Works Driver Matt George - what a great bloke! After talking about his hectic schedule - one day per week in the Aston simulator, regular race car testing, training, racing in the European and British GT championships and car development (he helped to develop the Vulcan), we started discussing Project Cars 1 - he enjoyed the game, but said the approach to cornering was the opposite of what he does in real life - he said that to counter understeer he trail brakes deep into the corner whereas in the game he would be back on the throttle much earlier after unrealistically slamming down through the gears on the corner approach. Hopefully Project Cars 2 is more realistic with its physics.

I also had a long chat with Brian Long who has been racing for fifty years! He explained that this will be his last season for age, health and financial reasons, but he has enjoyed every minute of his racing.

I'll be posting up some photos from the test day on the club thread - so please don't forget to check them out!

Slide 5 Drivers.jpg

Really sorry to hear that John. The AI were on level 20.

I'll post the race report and championship points tomorrow - great racing everybody - really enjoyable! Big congrats to Mr Tree for overall win in the 49C and Simba for class win in the 49. It would be great if we could get a few more regulars in what is already shaping up to be a great championship - calling @richroo @jefaais @Djwaves and get well soon @Skip7950

Thanks, Sick..
I have been diagnosed with prostate and liver cancer...home from the hospital now, recovering from biopsies, shots, pills, and all other manner of invasive testing and prodding!
My cancer is treatable, which began yesterday. I feel pretty good considering, and will fight this thing every way and all the way...including racing! Give me a month or two to build up some strength, and I will be back on the tracks with you with my Doctors blessing!
See you all later.....

Thanks, Sick..
I have been diagnosed with prostate and liver cancer...home from the hospital now, recovering from biopsies, shots, pills, and all other manner of invasive testing and prodding!
My cancer is treatable, which began yesterday. I feel pretty good considering, and will fight this thing every way and all the way...including racing! Give me a month or two to build up some strength, and I will be back on the tracks with you with my Doctors blessing!
See you all later.....

Sorry to hear that Skip. Keep fighting. Come back and race whenever you want.

I remember last week vividly. That scenario it's been running through my head. That sudden thunderstorm it was like the ocean was falling from the sky.

To bad the race got cancelled due to it. I'm allready looking forward to today, having a new oppurtunity to battle out our own little 'war'. Let's hope the weather will be a bit nicer on us this week.

Sorry couldn't help but make up a better roleplay story for last weeks cancel :D

Not going to race tonight! I just came home from work and I am exhausted. I'd probably not make it around the first corner again anyway, somebody or something will fly right into me and the race ends, again. See you in the Touring Classics.

BTW which track will we be racing tonight? Monza Short or the GP course?

Monza GP on Wednesday - I have amended post 1 to say Monza GP.

Note for this race and the final races of the season @Mr Tree should switch to a Lotus Type 49 while @richroo should switch to a Type 49C (Winged).

There are three rounds remaining:
23 Aug - Monza GP
30 Aug - Watkins Glen
06 Sep - Silverstone GP

The following week we start the GT1-X Championship which is planned to run until we switch to Project Cars 2 - as soon as possible after launch (Championship to be decided).

Last edited:
Could we try running with less Al drivers Sick. Suspension damage on the first lap, then wheel off at Parabolica. Nearly took Simba out when he was going past, hope Yellow Flag was out.

Second race in a row, where I haven't finished, last week was taken out by Rich, when he spun on the start line.

I'm not sure if I made contact with you John? Extremely sorry if that was the case. There were that many cars about I wasn't sure who was who, artificial or organic intelligence. The AI do tend to behave differently and making allowances for them is something to be mastered.

If it's any compensation I too got taken out, I think by Francisco M Laviano (good name), and ended upside down with 3 wheels on my waggon. For the sake of realism I was towed back to the pits and retired after being checked over by the medics. I did make it to one and a half laps though. :)

I know I'm a newcomer to your PC racing Sick but would a slightly lesser damage setting not encourage continued racing? Especially with the AI being slightly erratic at times. And I wouldn't have felt so bad about (possibly) taking John out. Real encourages clean racing I know, but in the virtual world with its lack of spatial awareness it's hard to keep it spot on all the time.

Last edited:
I love driving these cars, but they very prone to damage, when you get hit.
No worries If, sometimes its hard too see the names.👍

May be we could try next see what Sick says.

Sorry what RUF are we driving Sick?

Back