[PS4] WEDNESDAYS - Join us on Project Cars 2Finished 

@Djwaves have you got this car ?
Are you free for this season?

Hi Rich and DJ Waves - I think you will still be able to race in this series even if you haven't got the car, but you would need it if you wanted to practise before races. I strongly recommend this car as it is a lot of fun - great view, great sound, great big flames from the exhaust.

Not sure why it has 4 gears in the game when the real one had 5, although the engine is so torquey it doesn't seem to need an extra gear.

07a964a110ab96a4efa816ab7184f481.jpg

Above: 1965 Riverside 200 miler - Bob Bondurant Lola T70 (top left), Hap Sharp Chaparral, Graham Hill McLaren M1A, Jim Clark and Richie Ginther - second row in their Lotus 40's about to blast off!

Tonight we will be running a couple of 10 minute test races.

Hi Rich and DJ Waves - I think you will still be able to race in this series even if you haven't got the car, but you would need it if you wanted to practise before races. I strongly recommend this car as it is a lot of fun - great view, great sound, great big flames from the exhaust.

Not sure why it has 4 gears in the game when the real one had 5, although the engine is so torquey it doesn't seem to need an extra gear.

07a964a110ab96a4efa816ab7184f481.jpg

Above: 1965 Riverside 200 miler - Bob Bondurant Lola T70 (top left), Hap Sharp Chaparral, Graham Hill McLaren M1A, Jim Clark and Richie Ginther - second row in their Lotus 40's about to blast off!

Tonight we will be running a couple of 10 minute test races.

Can i get it from the psn store ? Is it part of a pack ?

My copy of the game is called "Project Cars Game of the Year Edition" and includes all the tracks and cars (125 total) that were released as DLC. For people that are starting I always recommend buying that version of the game, because it doesn't cost much more, but it includes all the DLC content as standard.

If you haven't got that version of the game you will still be able to race tonight without buying the car. Send me a Friend Request which I will accept - I will send you an invitation to the room shortly before 20:30 BST tonight.

As today is Test Round 0 we will be doing a couple of 10 minute test races. Normally we do one 30 minute race per meeting with a 10 minute qualifying session.

If you want to buy the Lotus 40 @richroo or @buybon355 will be able to give guidance on how to buy car packs. Hopefully you can also race on Monday's - for that series you will need a BMW 2002 turbo.

My copy of the game is called "Project Cars Game of the Year Edition" and includes all the tracks and cars (125 total) that were released as DLC. For people that are starting I always recommend buying that version of the game, because it doesn't cost much more, but it includes all the DLC content as standard.

If you haven't got that version of the game you will still be able to race tonight without buying the car. Send me a Friend Request which I will accept - I will send you an invitation to the room shortly before 20:30 BST tonight.

As today is Test Round 0 we will be doing a couple of 10 minute test races. Normally we do one 30 minute race per meeting with a 10 minute qualifying session.

If you want to buy the Lotus 40 @richroo or @buybon355 will be able to give guidance on how to buy car packs. Hopefully you can also race on Monday's - for that series you will need a BMW 2002 turbo.

DJ, yes you can buy any dlc in the psn store. Type in 'project cars' in store search, once it opens, go to add ons section. The Lotus 40 is in the 'Classic Lotus Expansion' dlc. The BMW 2002 turbo is in the 'Old VS New' dlc, as is the Mustang 2+2. You will need both those cars for the Monday league if you want to join that one as well.
I will as usual open a practice room today with all the parameters of the race room about 1:00 pm CST (7:00 British time). It will allow you to practice with the Lotus 40 without buying it first if you want. So, besides sending a friend request to Sick, send one to me as well before hand and I will invite you into the practice room if you want..
My psn tag is skip7950.

I keep wondering what is the extent of glitches Pcars will keep on showing us. Today I had the sudden total loss of audio in the middle of the first race ..! No sound at all. I had to retire because I cannot race in silence! This has happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times in league play as well as offline play over the last year. I reboot the game and it goes back to normal...
I also earlier today ,while racing an internet friend in just a casual race, had a reoccurrence of my ffb going wacko making it very hard to continue driving. Again if I reboot Pcars it corrects itself. That last happened to me when we raced at Silverstone a few weeks ago.
Now Buybon is having weird issue with pedals, but his won't self repair by rebooting.
When you look thru all the topics on the Pcars forum people have a lot of weird issues like all these, and sometimes others write back solutions....
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?125-Project-CARS-on-Playstation-4

I keep wondering what is the extent of glitches Pcars will keep on showing us. Today I had the sudden total loss of audio in the middle of the first race ..! No sound at all. I had to retire because I cannot race in silence! This has happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times in league play as well as offline play over the last year. I reboot the game and it goes back to normal...
I also earlier today ,while racing an internet friend in just a casual race, had a reoccurrence of my ffb going wacko making it very hard to continue driving. Again if I reboot Pcars it corrects itself. That last happened to me when we raced at Silverstone a few weeks ago.
Now Buybon is having weird issue with pedals, but his won't self repair by rebooting.
When you look thru all the topics on the Pcars forum people have a lot of weird issues like all these, and sometimes others write back solutions....
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?125-Project-CARS-on-Playstation-4
Happened to me last night in practice thats why i had to leave and come back , was going round the corkscrew and it lifted me into the air then when i landed it was like my wheels was set at 90 degree angle and had to leave and come back to reset it . Then at start of race was like i was hit from behind at 100 mph as soon as light went green ended up facing wrong way . Also happens to me alot at donnington down the start/finish straight sometimes its like i hit a brick wall at full speed and stops me dead haha roll on gt sport

I must be fairly lucky because so far I haven't suffered many glitches - we had the online problem with Silverstone Classic (that track doesn't work online) - I sometimes lose the sound of my own car (I can hear everything else) when playing offline - this is cured by just selecting another track then going back to the original track. We are also avoiding pit stops in our series following advice that they do not work well with default setups.

I do have some worries that PC2 (as it has so many features) might contain a new range of annoying glitches.

Roll on gt sport!

GTS will probably be better, but GT6 was not perfect it had lots of glitches - especially at first.

Test Round 0 from Laguna Seca
Jefaais was amazing at Laguna in the Type 40 test races - hopefully in the actual races the other drivers will be able to get closer to him!

The AI were set to 30 - I didn't have any problems with them - they seemed to be fast enough. I did consider running the second race with them at 20, but this would have meant a new room and new invites - improving the current poor hosting options is really something I wish SMS would work on for PC2 as I am much ore concerned about things like that than snow!

Just watch the pedal technique of Ricky Rudd during a fast lap at Sears Point / Infineon / Sonoma (it's had several names over the years)

Next Round 1 from Sonoma raceway Short

Last edited:
Anybody know where i can get good settings for the t300rs for project cars . And does anybody know if the base settings per car are good or is it worth changing a few settings the only one i see people talking about is arm angle .

Anybody know where i can get good settings for the t300rs for project cars . And does anybody know if the base settings per car are good or is it worth changing a few settings the only one i see people talking about is arm angle .
You can find lots of wheel setups for the 300 in the Pcars forum pages...See link in my earlier posting above. Some people come up with a set of settings that give them a good feel on all cars and tracks, some do tweaks for different cars and racks...Really just a personal preference.

You can find lots of wheel setups for the 300 in the Pcars forum pages...See link in my earlier posting above. Some people come up with a set of settings that give them a good feel on all cars and tracks, some do tweaks for different cars and racks...Really just a personal preference.
Thanks skip

Hi Guys - I've been posting up a few photos on the club thread of the FIA Masters Historic Festival at Brands Hatch which I attended on 26th and 28th May and thought I would repeat a few of the relevant ones here. Below a couple of famous cars which pre-date the Lotus 40 - they were already obsolete by the time it was released.

Slide 1 King Cobra.jpg
Slide 2 Nickey Chevrolet.jpg

Below the "Zerex Special"

Slide 3 Zerex Special.jpg

Slide 4 Zerex Special.jpg

In red - the Lola T70 MK2 - a better car than the Lotus 40 - it took the inaugural Can Am championship in 1966 in the hands of John Surtees.

Below McLaren M1B's another competitor of the Lotus 40 and also a better car. Immediately below the car of 1965 Le Mans winner Masten Gregory. He was known as "the Kansas City Flash" and was famous for injuring himself (several times) by climbing out of his cars before the moment of impact! - no seatbelts for Masten!

Slide 5 Masten Gregory.jpg

Slide 6 McLraen.jpg

Don't worry much about the jump start guys, the car unfortunately is absolutely undrivable, complete Horror, worse ever! It feels like it hasn't deserved to wear that badge! :(

Same too Simba, my first jump start...:yuck::(:banghead:

Watched a couple of laps, then left, looked a good race to.

Too much tension, didn´t want to jumpstart again - and what happened?

A few weeks ago I switched off the start lights. I recommend everyone to do this - originally I did it because I was irritated by the very unrealistic lights countdown system in Project Cars, which I think encourages jump starts. If you switch off the lights you will instead see the small lights on the start gantry, but without the distracting lights countdown. If you switch to this system Simba and John You shouldn't get any more jump starts. You may not always be as quick away, but it will be more realistic and is quick enough when you get used to it.

Don't worry much about the jump start guys, the car unfortunately is absolutely undrivable, complete Horror, worse ever! It feels like it hasn't deserved to wear that badge! :(

It is a tricky car and at times during the race I felt the frustration of Works Driver Richie Ginther - when he was asked how the new Lotus 40 compared with the 30 he said, "The same, but with 10 more mistakes". I still really enjoyed the race - it was a very intense experience wrestling this beast round such a tight and tricky track and I imagine it's quite an authentic representation of driving the early unlimited sports cars which pre-dated the Can Am Series.

I think you may find the Lotus 40 easier to drive round the rest of the tracks in the season and hope you will all stick with it. The three cars selected for our Colin Chapman tribute all have a very different feel and the 40 is probably the most tricky.

I will try that Sick, is in game options, sure had the brakes on, then moved forward, DQ!!!:yuck:

Agree Skip, it is easier than the DB1, I hadn't,practised on the track, but after few laps was okay. Just remember, too brake before, get slowed down, I a little brake in the corner, helped think:)

I will try that Sick, is in game options, sure had the brakes on, then moved forward, DQ!!!:yuck:

Agree Skip, it is easier than the DB1, I hadn't,practised on the track, but after few laps was okay. Just remember, too brake before, get slowed down, I a little brake in the corner, helped think:)

Yes - it's one of the options.

My start procedure is to engage 1st gear, but I don't touch the brake - I don't touch the throttle until the lights have changed. The game stops the car rolling forward or backward.

I found the best thing to do if possible with that car is brake in a straight line get down to the right corner speed select the gear and turn in , and when you can see the corner exit then power through . It doesnt like to turn under braking or acceleration :)

I really enjoyed that race , hated the car last week at laguna seca . For some reason i find the car has more front end grip on cold tires . All passes clean today aswell :)

I totaly agree. Last weeks test race was an absolute horror, both the car and my driving. Last night i even managed to slide the car around some fast turns without loosing the tail, at least one time :-)

Yes - it's one of the options.

My start procedure is to engage 1st gear, but I don't touch the brake - I don't touch the throttle until the lights have changed. The game stops the car rolling forward or backward.
My procedure is kinda the opposite. I leave trans in neutral, go full throttle after the second set of red lights, then the split second the lights go green, while still on full throttle, I click into 1st gear. This shift into gear takes a split second long enough to move the car that even if I do it just before the green I never DQ.
I was DQing too much last year, so I practiced a lot in offline AI races to get this procedure down...works great even for an old man with old reflexs like me!!

Back