PSVC: Weekly Vector Comp #1!!

• Thread starter donbenni
  • 100 comments
Well it's here (and i know it's early) :) Hopefully all of you that take part will gain much needed experience from this, and obviously have some fun along the way too...

Anyway Tokyo D and myself are co-running this, so if you want to discuss something about the comp, such as suggested pictures for future weeks, then drop either of us a pm.

The rules for week 1 go a little something like this:

- One entry per person
- There are two pictures, you chose which one you vector
- As there are so many different ways you can vector, i've decided that for this starting week, just to keep things simple, the main rule is just to vector the car. No addition of body parts from other cars is allowed, including wings, lights, wheels etc.
- Future weeks may allow customised (bodykitted etc) entries, but this week it's purely about vectoring.

Right the pictures:

http://www.highresautoimages.com/honda/nsxr.jpg

http://216.117.199.231/Honda-NSX/Honda-NSX-032.jpg

The sharp ones among you will notice that this is the same car, just from different angles ;) Remember, this week you can only vector one of them (i know that many of you [including me] don't have the time to do two anyways!).

Any suggestions about anything to do with comp (rules and what-not), please pm me.

Poll is next Sunday, TD is gonna post it (i hope :P)... Get cracking people :cool:

Awesome! I'm gonna be in it for sure. Use

ITR don't be so mean.... haha

I appreciate ANY kind of vector work.. I've always been into cartoony cars.. they look cool... But I never got the hang of vectoring.... Guess I'll have to read more tuts

Ok, third time at trying to post my attempt,

Didn't have enough time to finsih it tonight, another hour or 2 still left. I used bezier lines as Inital Racing suggested. Process is abit slower but looks alot better.

Still have to finish

Windows
Wheels
Lights

Any one got any comments on how to make it look better?

Attachments

• nsxr vector.jpg
    nsxr vector.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 239
well i know this isnt the competition car...i plan on vectoring that later. bu this is my first experience with vectoring, so be nice. i just needed an opinion...it took me like 3 hours cuz it was my first time..

210903-350Zvector.jpg

no...lol...actually i live right on the border....on inverness....its actually in that little gap between knight and cambie where your not exactly classified as west end or east end....its closer to west so i just said west, lol.

well once i see some tutorial on doing these vector pics ill be in..

i hav an idea on how you guys do it, it involves flash mx.

can i have a link to any tuts?

well it doesnt HAVE to involve flash mx as i did my first vector in photoshop 7!:cool: i think it can probabably be done in any photo manipulative program :D

Corel Draw, Macromedia Freehand, and Macromedia Flash can do vectors. I think Photoshop might be somewhat limited.

Originally posted by halfracedrift
:lol: i see..... its a very very nice chop you got there.... might I suggest that if you vector the shadows too, the image will look friggin awesome? :P

the shadows under the car??? 0_o...i dont knw man.....and btw, i find photoshop very very easy to use when it comes to vectoring....just check out donbennis tutorial...its in the link in his sig. i prefer using regular old lines rather than the pen tool as it says in his tutorial...however it is a good tut.

i tired fireworks, though i had no idea how to make new layers..

oh wait, i found that out, i dont have an idea on how to work the pen tool. So i just use flash mx all the way.

Back