PSVC: Weekly Vector Comp #1!!

• Thread starter donbenni
  • 100 comments
k finished...hree you all go...comments please:D

270903-hondansxvectorsmall.jpg

im not trying to be a jerk or anything
but are the tail lights meant to look like that, or did you want to make it look like that...
it dosent really work for me.
could you just not divide them into little squares?

but still
the car looks great
better than anything i could do

ALL THE ENTIRES LOOK GREAT, except for that dude who used the filter!
lol
j/k
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh, there wont be a mailing of any larger, high resolution work of mine since the size you see its its actual size. I keep things small and sweet.

Oh uh...let me run and set up the next challenge (not competition). I already got something in mind. A line art stylizing challenge to give people experience in not tracing a photo to 100%. If you wanna know what I mean by stylizing, look at my Ings RX7.

Can you post a link to a tutorial?
don't know of any tuts that dont use the pen tool but basically all you do is outline the car w/ the line tool then continue using the line tool throughout the body. Then just fill in the color with the poly lasso+fill command. pen tool method is still much better tho.

Oh I thought you outlined EVERYTHIG with the pen, post a link to a tutorial, I just learned like, 50 things in 10 mins, I'm on a role:P :D

Originally posted by wassabii
im not trying to be a jerk or anything
but are the tail lights meant to look like that, or did you want to make it look like that...
it dosent really work for me.
could you just not divide them into little squares?

but still
the car looks great
better than anything i could do

ALL THE ENTIRES LOOK GREAT, except for that dude who used the filter!
lol
j/k
:lol: :lol: :lol:

actually it was suposed to be like that...consdering the rest of the lights are euro style...so yes...

Originally posted by NOS_Conor
is it easier?

It's less tedious, if that's what you mean (although finding the right numbers for the filter can be a real bugger). It doesn't come out quite as well-done as the real thing, and I only chanced upon it once (so I can't really duplicate).

I like vector art because you can make an image the same if it's 300x300 or 4000x4000. I think that, besides the fact that you can constantly tweak them, is the only reason i'd do vector.

i realize that this is a vector comp...but thats not really my thing. couldn't resist doing a photochop, though. This is my first chop ever using GIMP (ie Linux, my windows crashed and i got pissed off with microsoft). i think photoshop is alot easier, however. this took me about 3 hrs.
nsxr3.jpg

The poll will be this sunday, i.e. two days. I know this week (or two) flopped, but i hope that next week will be better. Any suggestions for pictures?

personally i think ive seen tooooooo many murcielago vectors and i thinkive seen about 10 on deviantart so.......but i like where youre headed.....into the supercar league but the gt90 would be difficlut as there are no really decent sized pics of it but rememeber there is always lotus (elise and maybe esprit), jaguar (the s type-r would be soooooooo cool) and aston martin (those are just the uk examples theres also overseas to consider like porsche ( 911, gt2, gt3), the rest of lamborghini (muira, diablo, gallardo etc.), the lancia stratos or delta, bmw 2002, an fc3s rx7, or an fd, a toyta supra (jza80 & jza70) , an m3 or and m5, or even the mercedes slr the choice is yours don:D

Originally posted by bondy_1625
the gt90 would be difficlut as there are no really decent sized pics of it

Actually heres 1 that would be good.......i think the front looks a better than the back although the back is good:
gt90.jpg

Back