Punters - Hit 'Em Back, or Not?

Retaliate to punters?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • Yes, only with sufficient offense (e.g. multiple offenses)

Votes: 184 55.6%
  • No, never.

Votes: 127 38.4%

• Total voters
I was racing Fuji last night and the strangest thing happend.... I was continuously getting bumped in the first lap by a red GTR, who then punted me intentionally to get by, which caused me to spin out somewhere near turn 2. I got back on the track and pushed my way through traffic and caught up to him near Dunlop where I passed him cleanly entering that chicane. By the time we got the straight we entered side by side and from that point on we had a great clean battle up until the end of the race... Now it couldve have been a mistake, but judging from the massive punt he gave me, I dont think so.... guess he just wanted to show he could do it too???

I was racing Fuji last night and the strangest thing happend.... I was continuously getting bumped in the first lap by a red GTR, who then punted me intentionally to get by, which caused me to spin out somewhere near turn 2. I got back on the track and pushed my way through traffic and caught up to him near Dunlop where I passed him cleanly entering that chicane. By the time we got the straight we entered side by side and from that point on we had a great clean battle up until the end of the race... Now it couldve have been a mistake, but judging from the massive punt he gave me, I dont think so.... guess he just wanted to show he could do it too???

he fellow city man,don't you meen you were driving at suzuka??....(-dunlop/chicane...)

spyrrari.

he fellow city man,don't you meen you were driving at suzuka??....(-dunlop/chicane...)

spyrrari.

Was I looking at the wrong track map??? How dumb of me... could have sworn that corner was called Dunlop as well :dopey::dopey:

*edit- I just looked at the maps and both tracks have a Dunlop curve :)

Last edited:
Was I looking at the wrong track map??? How dumb of me... could have sworn that corner was called Dunlop as well :dopey::dopey:

*edit- I just looked at the maps and both tracks have a Dunlop curve :)

haha,ok than,i thought fuji had only corners named with numbers...:ouch:

whatever,forget about it,👍

spyrrari.

Its bad enough when I get punted from behind, sending me punting the car in front leaving both of us in the sands, but after we both got out, the guy whom I accidentally "punted" went ahead and punt me back out to the sands for thinking I was the one who did it to him intentionally! o.O

👍

One of the things I also do against die hard punters

Grtz

Bryan

Lately no one has punted me. I should make a PSN called Punt me haha.

For that tactic to work you must catch up to start off :indiff: which probably takes a lap as punters only punt as they fail at GT5:P

For that tactic to work you must catch up to start off :indiff: which probably takes a lap as punters only punt as they fail at GT5:P
Yeah the inside is the safest place to pass when overtaking punters.👍
PSN ID Punt_me...!:D
Yeah that would be funny, see how many times you get hit in one race lol!:D
only punt as they fail at GT5:P- Yeah some of these punters are getting pretty good at punting...hmm...to punt or not to punt lol:lol:
Some should change there name to Pro_Punter or something that describes my opinion of them...Straight_Stroker.
:D
OnlineGT

Last edited:
Yeah the inside is the safest place to pass when overtaking punters.👍
PSN ID Punt_me...lmao!:lol:
yeah that would be BS funny lol, see how many times you get hit in one race lol!:D
only punt as they fail at GT5:P- Yeah some of these punters are getting pretty good at punting...hmm...to punt or not to punt lol:lol:
Some should change there name to Pro_Punter or something that describes my opinion of them...Straight_Stroker!
:D
OnlineGT

Im gonna make a ID called Punt_me and Ill see what happens at HSR.
But im not allowed to drift anymore with my Vette T.T ( I cant do a lap at HSR withought drifting)

See ya online later everyone as Punt_ME! or Cmon_Punt_me
Great if I had a recorded :dopey:

i was racing some dude in a white bmw and he bumped me out of first place 2 times. the next race i cut him off, brake checked him into the corner and blocked him for a good 5 seconds on the wall haha.. dirty drivers ftl

As in my previous post, if I get bashed off, I try to catch up to them...which by the way happens most of the time, because most punters cant drive to save there lives. Then once you catch up I proceed to apply the pressure, I think its like a form of intimidation!:D That way you dont have to come in contact with them, they will try to race above there ability to stay in front and before you know they crash off, to much practice punting and not enough clean racing.;)
Then when they do crash they will be really unhappy because they FAILED THEMSELVES. Think about like this, they ram you, you catch up & apply pressure,
they cant hack it, they crash out, you win!:D
I would be p!553d too!:lol:
This is Intimidation Payback!
Im gonna make a ID called Punt_me and Ill see what happens at HSR.

But im not allowed to drift anymore with my Vette T.T ( I cant do a lap at HSR withought drifting)

See ya online later everyone as Punt_ME! or Cmon_Punt_me

Great if I had a recorded
Cmon_punt_me! LMAO!!:lol:
Yeah a record would be really sweet!!
This is going to be helarious!!:lol:

Last edited:
Never really done any "Revenge Punting" I just try to pass clean and fast. Had this one chucker last night clearly try to side swipe me on the straight on High Speed Ring. You guys will love this as it backfired on him. He spun out big time and I continued dead straight. Karma for ya

Never really done any "Revenge Punting" I just try to pass clean and fast. Had this one chucker last night clearly try to side swipe me on the straight on High Speed Ring. You guys will love this as it backfired on him. He spun out big time and I continued dead straight. Karma for ya
I wouldn't say Karma but yeah he got what he deserved!:D
Thats were in game chat would be sweet, so he can here you LYAO!! lol:lol:
I don't have time for Punter's, Bash & Crash is NOT what GT is about, end of story.;)

Hehehe,

That would be a PSN tag :)
I'd rather check the back off all my cars i've use for a sticker that says "Punt me , if you dare ".
Haven't found any with one, but still being punted :dopey: at Suzuka and Fuji

Grtz

Bryan

Thought I'd have a say about this, considering I'm new here. No, i don't hit punters back, even though they've pretty much smacked into me at every fuji race I've done. Although it's crossed my mind at least once to get revenge, i know they're not worth my time & i'd just be dropping to their level if i started hitting them back. I get much more satisfaction in catching back up, passing them cleanly & finishing ahead of them, knowing that even though they drove dirty & hit me, i still was able to beat them.

as much as i may want to hit the punters back, i really dont see the point in it... my preferred tactic is to sit close behind him and pressurise him into a mistake, ive found that most, if not all of the punters are crap drivers anyway. i get alot more pleasure out of making the punters look stupid with clean driving rather than stooping to thier level...

Well, I synced a bluetooth keyboard to my PS3 now (btw, any bluetooth keyboard should work, you don't have to have the Logitech one. I wanted a very small one and went with the compact Apple bluetooth model with no numeric keypad etc. It works great.) So now I've taken to sending some punters messages via the PS3. Very polite messages such as:

Subject: Please...

Content: Please try to race more cleanly. You have some skill and may get quite good if you practice driving properly. Thanks and good racing.

I try to include nice lines like "you have some skill" even if I'm lying. Also, I type fast, so typing that isn't a big deal for me, but sometimes I do cut it a bit shorter. But always polite, that is the key. Sometimes I will also explain the specific problem, such as when a driver on Daytona Oval gently pushed me into the wall like 4 times in a single race, causing me to get a penalty each time. (*argh!*)

Several times now I've gotten a "sorry" in response, which is good. So far I haven't gotten anyone sending me anything hateful in return.

This might be a good way for others to go about this also - if you can keep your temper in check and keep it nice. This has, I admit, been occasionally very hard to do!

I regularly run into one Brazilian at Fuji beginner who is a punting/brake checking demon. We were coming down the straight on the last lap, I was in second and drafting, but offset a bit to one side. He brake checked, I dodged and passed him for the win. I previously had sent him an uncomplimentary message, and after that move I got one from him, "LOL,MIG29,LOL"

I rarely retaliate but everybody has thier limit. If I do retaliate it is in a sneaky manner, I just wait on thier bumper until they leave the inside unguarded (and they always do) and slip my fender under thier rear quarter panel and off they go. Rubbing IS racing, and so is massaging thier quarter panel at the right time.

I rarely retaliate but everybody has thier limit. If I do retaliate it is in a sneaky manner, I just wait on thier bumper until they leave the inside unguarded (and they always do) and slip my fender under thier rear quarter panel and off they go. Rubbing IS racing, and so is massaging thier quarter panel at the right time.

If the inside is unguarded,then make a clean pass.Why even do what you said ? :rolleyes: All you are doing is lowering your morals as an online racer.

If the inside is unguarded,then make a clean pass.Why even do what you said ? :rolleyes: All you are doing is lowering your morals as an online racer.

Your completly right. Sometimes I just let the muppets out there get to me, especialy after 6 or 7 laps of thier persistant battle attitude, but you ARE right.

No, by doing so you become a punter. This of course causes a complex that would cause a rip in the space time continuum.(I have no idea what I just said)

Plus, it's much more gratifying to make them take themselves out.:mischievous:

IMO or rather observation the common punter is not the fastest driver. That's selfexplanatory to an extent since their motive for being on the track is not like ours, being fast or at least having fun (granted, the latter they probably have anyways...).

What I love doing is: after they put me in the gravel and (if) if I can catch up again I don't punt back, I just follow them really really close for as long as it takes till they fall off on their own. As said above, most are not the fastest but instead get nervous when you come up and stay behind them. The psycholical gimmik is that they ASSUME you want revenge. This distracts anybody and the mistake will come. Since my race against other racers is most likely waisted anyways, I can afford to loose the time staying behind the punter. And it puts a fat grin on my face, so it's worth it! And you keep a clean vest.

This said assuming my ideal world and a good mood day I must admit to have struck back myself on the odd occasion. I'm, only human. Still I vote "no" because that's what should be tried to imply.

No. I don't bother with dirty drivers. I'd rather park off track and wait for the conclusion of the race. That's not the type of competition i'm interested in and or entertained by.

Wanna mess up my race with multiple bumps on porpuse?! Sure, go ahead! But when i punt back i wait for the right time and finish their race for good :lol:! Some guys dont care like the Seigmund guy... what an 🤬! But this one will never get it, no matter how many times i try to "teach" him :grumpy:! Its incredible! Really his in the racing game since i can remember and he has the very same attitude:tdown:! Almost 2 years of Pro Punting:dunce:!

Friend,it's just called patience.It is a virtue.
Yeah your absolutely right, thats a good life lesson right there.;)👍
I think the best way to be patient while racing online, is to look at the way otehrs are racing around you, if its radical...expect to be punted. And...Don't worry about not winning! There is always another race with your friends that don't punt....there the real races that count.:D
I voted no because I suck at hitting them back. Always miss and go off the track :lol:
Hehe, thats because your obviously a good racer that hasn't got much punting experience...thats a good thing.:)

lol Horde, thats a nice little crafty plan you have there.:D
I'm sure alot of punters get peturbed when you catch up so easily. I do agree that some people after being punted back, race properly and stop punting you. So to a degree punting has its merits as you have piointed out.
If you punt someone and it ends there race good and proper. Then they decide to race clean from then on, in the odd times that works, you have done everyone that races online a favour. Although sending a PM to the punter is probably a better way to get through to them.

Also everyone needs to consider that perhaps the punter is only a young kid...maybe not even 10? In which case they think punting is fun, so go easy when you message punters.:)
R*

Latest Posts

Back