PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup Season 5 | Rich wins in Spain!

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 389 comments
● Pre-season Race ●
Sunday*, May 12 | 20:00 UTC | Local
Road Course - Indy | 35 laps

Weekly live qualifier apply | Grid

1. Litchi | GTP_Litchi
  2. mjdmzn | GTP_mj
  3. brandofo | brandofo
  4. Wardez | Wardez
  5. flakypastry | TheFlakyPastry
  6. Racingworld68 | GTP_Racingworld
  7. Joshua1994 | Joshua1994
  8. outlaw4rc | outlaw4rc
  9. Michouw | GTP_MichMich
  10. Sail IC | johnkiller2

*The series takes place on Saturdays, only this pre-season is a Sunday

To sign up, quote this post, remove the
[/ QUOTE] tags, add your name in the list and post.
Didn't read the calender correct.

● Pre-season Race ●
Road Course - Indy | 35 laps

1. Litchi | GTP_Litchi
  2. mjdmzn | GTP_mj
  3. brandofo | brandofo
  4. Wardez | Wardez
  8. outlaw4rc | outlaw4rc
  11. Skengdigi | SkengD

**NEW!**:
If you think that you can do better than your first Qualifier session, you are allowed to an immediate re-run. In this case, only your second Qualifier session will count, even if it's slower than the first one.
[/INDENT]

Like This one. Great thinking.

As the defending series champion, let me just say how excited I am to see this series come back one last time, at least for GT5. Of all the ones I've raced in, this one's the most special to me, for I've met many great racers, had many epic races, and had helped me the most into making me the driver I am today. :)

...and now for the obligatory clips.

Hope for more great racing this time around. 👍

Yea, awesome vids :)

Glad to see a post from you here Jason. I hope you think the OP is nice and well presented. It's hard to do as well as you :bowdown:

I can't make pre-season but I'll be very happy to be part of championship :)

Even more if a number of you participants from previous seasons would regularly share your set-ups with rookies:dopey:

I see some tracks are quite regular in calendar so that would make for even bigger difference...

question: Would anyone ever enjoy racing these cars at SPEC on CS tires:tup: ? Or SH without ABS?

● Pre-season Race ●
Road Course - Indy | 34+1 laps

Quali deadline in:

img.php

1. Litchi | GTP_Litchi
  2. mjdmzn | GTP_mj
  3. brandofo | brandofo
  4. Wardez | Wardez
  8. outlaw4rc | outlaw4rc
  11. Skengdigi | SkengD

To sign up, quote this post, remove the
[/ QUOTE] tags, add your name in the list and post.

Last edited:
question: Would anyone ever enjoy racing these cars at SPEC on CS tires:tup: ? Or SH without ABS?

Yea, this car is really fun on comfort softs, no tuning, no abs :)
Anyway, I will run this series without ABS, like I do for Spec Silvia ;)👍

Who's hosting the qualification?
Anybody can host. Just make sure the room number is posted here in the thread to allow people to join. Don't hesitate to post room number even if it's fust for practice 👍. Also, make sure to set the room with mics disabled / unfixed host / and track should be set before opening the room (to avoid tire temp glitch on certain tracks).
As long as there's a PURE Official in the room, you can quali ;)
● Race Stewards
There are now three types of PURE Officials. Click here to view the list. The people listed are given rights to authorize rules and regulations in my absence, should they arise. If I am not around to answer a specific question, or cannot attend a race for personal reasons, drivers should contact any of them for answers. If I am absent for any reason, one (or two) of the steward(s) listed will host that race(s).​

I can't make pre-season but I'll be very happy to be part of championship :)

Even more if a number of you participants from previous seasons would regularly share your set-ups with rookies:dopey:

I see some tracks are quite regular in calendar so that would make for even bigger difference...

There, in the first row :)
Eventual participation this sunday is quite unlikely :(

Hi Litchi. I'm very interested in racing here. Ran in this series Season 2 or 3 (long time ago) and had a lot of fun. I was always 5 seconds per lap slower than everyone, but I hope to only be 2 seconds per lap slower this time!

You know my schedule is very tight, so the question is can I join as a reserve driver? I should be able to make half the races unless my schedule changes. I understand if that is not possible. Can't make Preseason race unfortunately.

Hi Litchi. I'm very interested in racing here. Ran in this series Season 2 or 3 (long time ago) and had a lot of fun. I was always 5 seconds per lap slower than everyone, but I hope to only be 2 seconds per lap slower this time!

You know my schedule is very tight, so the question is can I join as a reserve driver? I should be able to make half the races unless my schedule changes. I understand if that is not possible. Can't make Preseason race unfortunately.

Yea, it's definitely possible to sign up as part-time mate ;)
Good to see you :)

Practice room open: 1472 6118 3701 4257 9357

EDIT: Closed.

1:40.0. This is what I hope for my Q.

Last edited:
My car is broken in and ready to go. Quick question...car will need to be detuned to reach 510pp, correct? I think I'm at 515 or 520 with Supercharger and no other changes.

15cf2158-c59d-415c-ab90-5c0c1bf531da_zpsadd30173.jpg

My car is broken in and ready to go. Quick question...car will need to be detuned to reach 510pp, correct? I think I'm at 515 or 520 with Supercharger and no other changes.
Pay attention to the little blue "*" in OP #2.
* = You are free to set these values as long as you don't exceed the maximum of 510pp. 👍

Your picture has been added to the FMSC album on FlickR (link in the OP#1 banner) 👍

Last edited:
Pay attention to the little blue "*" in OP #2.
* = You are free to set these values as long as you don't exceed the maximum of 510pp. 👍

Your picture has been added to the FlickR album for FMSC (link in the OP#1 banner) 👍

Thanks Litchi. I did notice the Blue * and want to make sure I didn't do something wrong; that there will be no way to run max power+ max downforce + normal weight. I guess the trick is to find the proper balance between all 3 variables:cool:

I think I've spent too much time doing SPEC and need to get my tuning guides out 👍

No practice board for Indy Road Course so here are my splits:

26.151 | 23.976 | 19.582 = 1:39.817

Power Level: 93.6%
Weight: +10 kg @ 50
Downforce: 20/40

I'm already scared about the fuel. Goes down way too fast. :scared:

I'm already scared about the fuel. Goes down way too fast. :scared:

This will be a matter of opinion. Did a quick test yesterday. After 9 laps the tank was about half full and tires were soon needed to be changed. So maybe in the race we will need about 90 liters of fuel on let say two stops.

This will give plenty of opportunities for different pitstop strategies. There will also be enough time to zip some beer at the pit stop. I like .... a lot.

Back